Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2013, 02:52 PM   #1
anniedream
Mouseketeer

Be Our Guest

Is Be Our Guest both Quick Service & TS?

If it is what is the difference between the experiences?

Onewomanonedream.tumblr.com
anniedream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:05 PM   #2
AmyB2006
I'd rather be in Disney!

To my knowledge, BOG is QS for lunch, and TS for dinner. For lunch though its a little fancier than your normal QS.

AmyB2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-26-2013, 03:18 PM   #3
figment_jii
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by anniedream View Post
Is Be Our Guest both Quick Service & TS?

If it is what is the difference between the experiences?
As the PP said, BoG is a quick service venue at lunch and a table service venue at dinner.

The West Wing and main Ballroom are used at lunch and dinner, whereas the Music Box room is only used at lunch (it was closed due to "enchantment issues" at the beginning of March).

At dinner, the Beast is available (usually) for a meet and greet in the Library (where the QS ordering kiosks are located). He's dressed in his ballroom finest. There is photopass photographer there as well.

The dining rooms look largely the same at either meal (same effects are on). The carts used to bring the food to the tables at lunch are used to display the desserts at dinner.

At either meal time, you'll wait on the drawbridge. At dinner, you wait until your pager goes off. At lunch, the lines usually forms on the drawbridge before going into the castle. Note that there isn't much shade on the drawbridge, so it can be pretty warm (or wet, depending on the weather).

I liked both meals at BoG. The food was good at both. In terms of atmosphere, it felt more casual at lunch. People are moving about because you have to get your own soda and cutlery from the stations. At dinner, the servers are moving about, but most guests are at their tables.
figment_jii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:22 PM   #4
PictureJumpr
At Least 'til it Rains

CS at lunch, but yes, served on real plates and brought to your table, so fancier than regular CS.

The food is simpler at lunch (for speed) and involves mostly salads, sandwiches, quiche, and one hot plate (roast pork). You seat yourself wherever you can once you have ordered. Food is brought to you all at once. You get your own drinks/refills and pick up your own (stainless steel not plastic) silverware.

TS at dinner, for the full dining experience with servers and courses and such.

The food is good at dinner, a little more substantial than lunch (desserts are the same for both meals if that matters), and the atmosphere is slightly more ... "special" than lunch, but the restaurant looks about the same (part of it is not open for dinner, and another part is used for Beast to hang out rather than for you to order CS).

I enjoyed both, but think that for the foreseeable future we'll stick to lunches, as the dinner was great but not worth the hassle of all the time and effort spent vying for an ADR.
PictureJumpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 12:26 AM   #5
jwfla422
DIS Veteran/Philly Native

We enjoyed lunch very much even though it was QS. Feel free to check out my review. This actually details everything about QS lunch.
BOG lunch Review
Old 03-27-2013, 01:02 PM   #6
nellyru
Mouseketeer

I look forward to trying this out!

Thanks for all the info and reviews.
nellyru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 02:38 PM   #7
willowsnn3
Tagless but proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwfla422 View Post
We enjoyed lunch very much even though it was QS. Feel free to check out my review. This actually details everything about QS lunch.
BOG lunch Review
Great review!! Thank you so much.

Book Challenge Goal 31/72
willowsnn3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:54 AM   #8
jennyst
Earning My Ears

nice review! thanks

jennyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:43 PM   #9
fairytalelover
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwfla422 View Post
BOG lunch Review
Awesome review

ME DH DS
Disneyland (hundreds of times) Disneyland Hotel 6/2005 & 12/2005 Disney Fairytale Wedding at Disneyland 6/2005; Walt Disney World 2/2004, 6/2005, 5/2012; Port Orleans Riverside 2/2004 & 6/2005; All Star Movies Resort 5/2012; Disney Wonder 6/2005; Disney Dream 4/2012; Disney Fantasy 5/2014
fairytalelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 01:31 PM   #10
katt789
DIS Veteran

As pp's have said:
-Lunch is a QS meal, but it is a higher class than a normal place, you place your order, find a seat, and they bring the food out to you on real plates and with real silverwear. All three rooms are open at lunch.

Here's my lunch experience from November:

Be Our Guest Lunch

Dinner is a much more elegant even, the lights are dimmed, the music is softly playing, and it's absolutely amazing. You check in outside, and once your buzzer goes off they let you inside and from there it's like any sit down meal. I personally like the food and atmosphere at dinner a lot more, it's perfect in there. Only the West Wing and ballroom are open at dinner, and after you eat you can get your picture with the beast.

The West Wing is a lot smaller, you can request to sit there, but might have to wait a little bit longer because of the size, it has some amazing detail in there, and the ballroom is spot on to what it looks like in the movie.

katt789 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 01:36 PM   #11
parkhopping
DIS Veteran

I just created a thread with lots of info on Be Our Guest, including what to expect with lunch and dinner. There's a link to it in my signature, if you're interested

MK '99 ~ WDW vacation '01 (ASMu) ~ DL/DCA '03 ~ Now a FL resident seasonal passholder!
Everything you ever wanted to know about Be Our Guest
parkhopping is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: