Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2013, 08:59 PM   #16
Goofy22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsheliz View Post
Any news on if they are excluding values?!
The Bounceback offer that was in the rooms last August started FD on August 18th and ended around Sept 25th and it did indeed include the values with QSDP Also it has not yet been released to the general public yet hoping it will be around the 25th of this month! AS I did not book Bounce back offer in August and now looks like we can get in a week trip Normally the general public offer dates are a week later than the Bounceback offer which would put it at starting the 24th of August if this is correct but I would love to see it released to General public for the 18th and on as I would like to go that week
Goofy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:02 PM   #17
Goofy22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgdisney2011 View Post
If you book a BounceBack in the same date as the free dining, do you get both discounts or just the choice between the room or dining? Thanks!!
Only one so you wo do the math and see which is the best offer for your family
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-05-2013, 09:20 PM   #18
junderwood99
Mouseketeer

I have a seen a few places today that folks are thinking a new promo for late summer dates will appear on 4/25 - where is this info coming from? I am DYING for an update - just don't want to get my hopes up for a 4/25 promo release.

Previous Trips:
Many as a child
June 2000 - All Star Sports (DH - then DBF - and I)
August 2007 - Pop Century (ODD - then 4 - first trip!)
August 2010 - Caribbean Beach (ODD(7) and YDD(28 months - first trip!))

Now planning ... August 2013 (ODD's (10 and 5) and YDD (26 months ... first trip!)

August 2010 PTR - Taylor and McKayla go to Disney . . Taking a 7 year old and a 2 year old!![/URL]
junderwood99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:46 PM   #19
Goofy22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgdisney2011 View Post
If you book a BounceBack in the same date as the free dining, do you get both discounts or just the choice between the room or dining? Thanks!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by junderwood99 View Post
I have a seen a few places today that folks are thinking a new promo for late summer dates will appear on 4/25 - where is this info coming from? I am DYING for an update - just don't want to get my hopes up for a 4/25 promo release.
Theory is coming from Disney normally releasing new promos on thursdays and the end of April begining of May is when it has come out previously along with if it is coming out it should be the next offer which should be the end of April So nope not etched in stone but is very likely if they are indeed offering it
Old 04-05-2013, 10:04 PM   #20
junderwood99
Mouseketeer

Thanks so much!!! Although Disney doesn't seem to be following 100% from the past - everything I own is crossed for a good late Aug promo!!!

Previous Trips:
Many as a child
June 2000 - All Star Sports (DH - then DBF - and I)
August 2007 - Pop Century (ODD - then 4 - first trip!)
August 2010 - Caribbean Beach (ODD(7) and YDD(28 months - first trip!))

Now planning ... August 2013 (ODD's (10 and 5) and YDD (26 months ... first trip!)

August 2010 PTR - Taylor and McKayla go to Disney . . Taking a 7 year old and a 2 year old!![/URL]
junderwood99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 08:59 AM   #21
cgdisney2011
Earning My Ears

Smile

Thanks so much for your responses. Being fairly new to this I wasn't sure. I will be traveling to Disney May 15-19 and I will be returning the last week of August 2013. So if the FD is not available to the general public at that time I assume I should book the Bounceback?

Thanks for all your help!!
cgdisney2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 08:17 AM   #22
NC Disney Fan
Live long Disney Lover and visitor

Smile Past 6 time free Disney dining user's info

Aimee, in the past, this promotion has come out about tax time (mid April) and had normally applied to August through end of September. They used to advertise on TV but as the parks are getting more crowded and as they normally offer the deal to foreigners first, they may not need to do that. It will be listed on the Disney website under specials. Also, it will be all over the internet.

You do not have to book through Disney. You can book AAA, other travel agents or Disney directly. Same payment applies to all as people have listed.

I will tell you as a family of 4, this package has been huge. If you were to eat like you do with this plan, you'd pay at least $1000. or more than the booked rate. You can always look at pricing of what full rate magic your way package with dining. Then recalculate taking out the dining. It is eyeopening. We certainly could go cheaper off site only eating counter services etc. But this free dining allows you to have counter and sit downs plus snacks. It has allowed us to try almost all the restaurants and really enjoy the experience. I would highly recommend it. I would also recommend that you book now at a moderate resort for the dates you are looking at. When the deal comes out, you can switch the reservations. Why is that important? You have to get your dining reservations in so you will not be left high and dry or eating at 9 pm because all of we who already have booked free dining (we booked before we left last year) have already made reservations. Good luck.
NC Disney Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:15 AM   #23
cukal6
Mouseketeer

Keeping my fingers crossed for free dining!!
May 1988 Off Site, May 2001 Off Site,August 2005 OKW,December 2006 Pop Century/OKW,December 2008 AKL,New Years 2008 ASSports,April 2009 BC,April 2010 YC,September 2011 BW,April 2012 Disneyland Paris,October 2012 Sequoia Lodge DLP, February 2013 Princess 1/2 Riverside

My Facebook Page
cukal6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:55 AM   #24
Tbiafore
Mouseketeer

I think its highly likely they will have it. I realize they announced years back they would end free Dining however this summer they're offering a discounts which is during a very busy time. Only makes sense they will have to"up" the discounts to get people in during arguably their slowest time. Mix that with so many people expecting to see Disney dining could really deflate everybody's interest in going if they don't offer it Which would just kill Park attendance.

-Thor
Tbiafore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 03:40 PM   #25
nickeldc
Earning My Ears

I really hope they're still offering the free dining.... I've booked just our rooms for our August trip - I'm going to wait until June or July to book the rest of the package. I'm hoping the dining offers will come out by the end of April.
1998 - Coronado Springs
1990-1995 Offsite (I was a kid - my parents got annual tickets (we lived in NY!) and we went often)

nickeldc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 05:47 PM   #26
DISzy
Mouseketeer

You do not have to have a room res to make dining ADRs. If you are pretty sure on your dates, make dining ADRs now.
DISzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 10:48 PM   #27
nickeldc
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISzy View Post
You do not have to have a room res to make dining ADRs. If you are pretty sure on your dates, make dining ADRs now.
Oh, I'm ahead of you on that! I've made five reservations. I had to put down a credit card deposit on Cindy's b/c I didn't have the dining plan yet. But that's okay - it will be refunded when we do get the plan.
1998 - Coronado Springs
1990-1995 Offsite (I was a kid - my parents got annual tickets (we lived in NY!) and we went often)

nickeldc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 03:26 AM   #28
Malibustyle23
DIS Veteran

If FD QSDP is released to values can we pay to upgrade to the regular plan?

As long as we arrive by the last day offered to FD it is still available through our whole trip, right?
Malibustyle23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 07:52 PM   #29
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickeldc View Post
I really hope they're still offering the free dining.... I've booked just our rooms for our August trip - I'm going to wait until June or July to book the rest of the package. I'm hoping the dining offers will come out by the end of April.
You will not be able to add the free dining discount code to your reservation if it is a room only. To take advantage of a free dining discount you have to be booked under a Magic Your Way package that includes room, tickets and dining.
TheDisney411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 07:54 PM   #30
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malibustyle23 View Post
If FD QSDP is released to values can we pay to upgrade to the regular plan?

As long as we arrive by the last day offered to FD it is still available through our whole trip, right?
Yes, you simply pay the difference between the plans - we do it every year.

As long as you check in by the last day of a free dining promo you can have the discount applied to your entire stay, up to 14 nights.
TheDisney411 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: