Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2013, 08:51 AM   #1
krissypoo1975
Earning My Ears

BC with 4 kids and 1 onto to plan??? Would you?.

Well it could be a very happy Disney Day! My husband surprised me with the thought that maybe we could go to Disney since we had some extra cash free up. He want to go in May as a celebration of making it through a difficult 2012. I wasn't planning on trying to go to Disney until my youngest was three. She is 2.5 now and very precocious to put it mildly.

I am a huge planner and having only a month to plan sounds nerve wracking. I have four children. DD 9, 7, and 2.5 and DS 4. Last time we went we had three children and our youngest was 6 months. We stayed at WL and with a bit of pixie dust got upgraded to a delux room with the concierge. Can you say spoiled now. So we are looking at BC since it is included in the 30 % off including club level. Will my family fit here? We plan to be in parks or swimming or eating most of the time. This will be our last chance to stay here or at POLY since once DD hits 3 we are officially a BIG family. Lol

Would you stay at BC? Would you even book a trip with only a month to plan? My husband travels 5 days a week so it's all on me. Will I be able to get ADR's. Should I take my chances and hope for a stellar September discount to celebrate DD's 3rd birthday and my 14 anniversary?

I need some help from all the Disney experts out there. You folks know your Disney inside and out. You made my last trip a joy, a pleasure and a breeze. Helppppp! Please. Lol. And TIA
krissypoo1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:18 AM   #2
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by krissypoo1975 View Post
Well it could be a very happy Disney Day! My husband surprised me with the thought that maybe we could go to Disney since we had some extra cash free up. He want to go in May as a celebration of making it through a difficult 2012. I wasn't planning on trying to go to Disney until my youngest was three. She is 2.5 now and very precocious to put it mildly.

I am a huge planner and having only a month to plan sounds nerve wracking. I have four children. DD 9, 7, and 2.5 and DS 4. Last time we went we had three children and our youngest was 6 months. We stayed at WL and with a bit of pixie dust got upgraded to a delux room with the concierge. Can you say spoiled now. So we are looking at BC since it is included in the 30 % off including club level. Will my family fit here? We plan to be in parks or swimming or eating most of the time. This will be our last chance to stay here or at POLY since once DD hits 3 we are officially a BIG family. Lol

Would you stay at BC? Would you even book a trip with only a month to plan? My husband travels 5 days a week so it's all on me. Will I be able to get ADR's. Should I take my chances and hope for a stellar September discount to celebrate DD's 3rd birthday and my 14 anniversary?

I need some help from all the Disney experts out there. You folks know your Disney inside and out. You made my last trip a joy, a pleasure and a breeze. Helppppp! Please. Lol. And TIA
Yes, the BC is an option for your family as it accommodates 5 + 1 under the age of 3, so with your youngest being 2.5, the BC would work. Any of the deluxe resorts (with the exception of WL and AKL) will accommodate 5 + 1 under the age of 3 in a standard room. With that said, the rooms at the Poly and CR would provide the most space for your family of 6 as the rooms at those 2 resorts are among the largest of the deluxe resorts, but the GF or any of the Epcot resorts would also be an option (with the GF rooms being comparable in size to those at the Poly and CR and the BC/YC/BWI rooms being slightly smaller).

As far as ADRs, I would go online and see what's available. At this late date, you may not be able to get everything you want or at the specific time you want, but I don't think it's impossible to get some good dining choices.

Good luck and happy planning.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-28-2013, 09:23 AM   #3
momofkids
Mouseketeer

When we were 6 in our party, we stayed at the Fort Wilderness Cabins. It isn't Deluxe, but we loved it. There is also the boat to MK. It was nice to have a kitchen, a deck, and a private space. I would think with a mixture of kids' ages that having more than one room for naps and such might come in really handy.
Old 03-28-2013, 09:27 AM   #4
AliceIn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Do you plan on spending a lot of time in the room? It's going to be a bit crowded there if you need a crib for the youngest. If the two youngest are small enough, they might both fit on the day bed, just put a pillow on both ends.

30% off of a club level room for the BC gives you breakfast, snacks and drinks for 6. If you stayed at one of the monorail resorts, you'd likely be paying a similar amount of money for a regular room, so I'd stick with the BC Club for all the perks there, even if I did have to squeeze around a crib.

I know the monorail resorts have larger rooms, but the club level there would be a lot more expensive than the BC.

I'd go next month in a heartbeat! There's loads of really good CS restaurants if you couldn't get all the ADRs you wanted. I don't think I'd be too disappointed, especially with young children -- no ADRs means no pressure to be anywhere at a specific time and freedom to just relax and go with it.

Have a fantastic trip!

AliceIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:44 AM   #5
krissypoo1975
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
Yes, the BC is an option for your family as it accommodates 5 + 1 under the age of 3, so with your youngest being 2.5, the BC would work. Any of the deluxe resorts (with the exception of WL and AKL) will accommodate 5 + 1 under the age of 3 in a standard room. With that said, the rooms at the Poly and CR would provide the most space for your family of 6 as the rooms at those 2 resorts are among the largest of the deluxe resorts, but the GF or any of the Epcot resorts would also be an option (with the GF rooms being comparable in size to those at the Poly and CR and the BC/YC/BWI rooms being slightly smaller).

As far as ADRs, I would go online and see what's available. At this late date, you may not be able to get everything you want or at the specific time you want, but I don't think it's impossible to get some good dining choices.

Good luck and happy planning.
Thanks for the reply. I don't mind being footloose and fancy free when it comes to dining. It was actually odd the plan a trip around when you are eating.

I would love to stay at POLY but the CL isn't included in the discount. My DH really wants CL. I could live without it but it certainly is nice.
Old 03-28-2013, 09:46 AM   #6
krissypoo1975
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofkids View Post
When we were 6 in our party, we stayed at the Fort Wilderness Cabins. It isn't Deluxe, but we loved it. There is also the boat to MK. It was nice to have a kitchen, a deck, and a private space. I would think with a mixture of kids' ages that having more than one room for naps and such might come in really handy.
These look wonderful. I think I will save these for when I need them and when all the kids can walk without crying. Lol. I stayed in FW when I was 10. It was a lot of fun. We did a canoe trip and s'mores on the beach with a campfire and movie. If I remember correctly. It was quite some time ago. Lol
Old 03-28-2013, 09:54 AM   #7
krissypoo1975
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceIn View Post
Do you plan on spending a lot of time in the room? It's going to be a bit crowded there if you need a crib for the youngest. If the two youngest are small enough, they might both fit on the day bed, just put a pillow on both ends.

30% off of a club level room for the BC gives you breakfast, snacks and drinks for 6. If you stayed at one of the monorail resorts, you'd likely be paying a similar amount of money for a regular room, so I'd stick with the BC Club for all the perks there, even if I did have to squeeze around a crib.

I know the monorail resorts have larger rooms, but the club level there would be a lot more expensive than the BC.

I'd go next month in a heartbeat! There's loads of really good CS restaurants if you couldn't get all the ADRs you wanted. I don't think I'd be too disappointed, especially with young children -- no ADRs means no pressure to be anywhere at a specific time and freedom to just relax and go with it.

Have a fantastic trip!
I don't plan on much time in the room since a 4 year old boy and crazy 2.5 year old would drive me nuts. I like to let them run. Less fighting. Lol. I would love to stay on the monorail or at WL for the boat but BC has such a great CL deal. It's hard to pass up. I'm not sure we would even need the dining plan. I think it adds about $1000 to the cost. I'm not sure

I can sleep the 2.5 in a crib or a bed. My DS tends to sleep in bed with me.....bad I know.

I need to look at rides heights too.

Disney is my favorite place on earth. Lol. I don't want to miss an opportunity but I want everyone to have fun too

Thanks for the the thoughts
Old 03-28-2013, 09:58 AM   #8
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks for the reply. I don't mind being footloose and fancy free when it comes to dining. It was actually odd the plan a trip around when you are eating.

I would love to stay at POLY but the CL isn't included in the discount. My DH really wants CL. I could live without it but it certainly is nice.
You're welcome . I understand about the Poly. We are huge Poly fans (it's our favorite resort), but it can get pricey. I think you would like the BC. We enjoyed our BC stay and being close to Epcot and DHS. We didn't stay CL so I can't comment on that particular lounge, but we have stayed CL at other resorts and for us, CL is worth the extra cost (especially with a 30% discount ).

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:05 AM   #9
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

We've stayed at the BC many times with our family of five and no ADR's. We would mostly do counter service and call for dinner reservations at the last minute. You'll find that with Epcot being in walking distance, you'll find many good counter service meals. One of our favorites was Sunshine Seasons.

I could plan a trip in one month. In fact, I had to plan a trip in one day, although I did miss the fun of planning.

Next up: WL - Jan 24 to 29, 2015; YC - April 15 - 21, 2015
WL - Oct 22-27, 2014, YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Wood Nymph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:55 AM   #10
krissypoo1975
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
You're welcome . I understand about the Poly. We are huge Poly fans (it's our favorite resort), but it can get pricey. I think you would like the BC. We enjoyed our BC stay and being close to Epcot and DHS. We didn't stay CL so I can't comment on that particular lounge, but we have stayed CL at other resorts and for us, CL is worth the extra cost (especially with a 30% discount ).
That 30% discount is so good :-). I wonder if the dining plan would be worth it? Stormalong Bay looks awesome. After this long awful winter and crummy year I would love to see the kids soaking up the sun and swimming and having a blast. It's so tempting!
Old 03-28-2013, 10:57 AM   #11
krissypoo1975
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
We've stayed at the BC many times with our family of five and no ADR's. We would mostly do counter service and call for dinner reservations at the last minute. You'll find that with Epcot being in walking distance, you'll find many good counter service meals. One of our favorites was Sunshine Seasons.

I could plan a trip in one month. In fact, I had to plan a trip in one day, although I did miss the fun of planning.
Planned in a day! lol

I'm thinking it will be nice to be near Epcot with all of the restaurants. It might be nice to plan where to go without ADR's dictating it? I just would hope we could eat at the castle.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: