Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2013, 05:53 PM   #16
wilkeliza
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpettie View Post
I'm only doing a 3 day cruise there isn't enough breakfast times for me to try all the options... What are the best ones to do I only have a few days to squeeze in as much fun as I can.
Just got off a 3 day and only did breakfast the last morning. Outside of that we just would go to the fresh fruit area and get our favorite fruits to start the day. We woke up late 2 out of 3 mornings though.
wilkeliza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 06:04 PM   #17
Friendofpluto
DIS Veteran

Just was wondering if you take DCL transport back to WDW, do you leave your bags out the night before? Do they transport directly to resort without you having to gather them or do you have to pick them up and take them on/off bus yourself?
Friendofpluto is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-26-2013, 06:07 PM   #18
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friendofpluto View Post
Just was wondering if you take DCL transport back to WDW, do you leave your bags out the night before? Do they transport directly to resort without you having to gather them or do you have to pick them up and take them on/off bus yourself?
When going to WDW by DCL transport, you will still leave your bags outside your room the last night. However, you must claim them in the terminal to take them through Customs. Then turn them over to the bus driver going to your resort. Once at the resort, I don't know what happens, whether you must claim them again for checkin or they will deliver directly to you room. Hopefully, someone else will chime in here.

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:31 PM   #19
MUDisneyCouple
Thank God for the DIS and all you helpful people!!!

It's been a looong time since we've cruised...they will transfer us to MCO from the Port, right? Also, is it realistic to think we could make a 11:00am flight out that day? TIA!!
2003:Honeymoon-Wilderness Lodge; 2006:Spring Break-All Star Sports; 2007:2nd Honeymoon-Polynesian & DCL; 2007:1st Trip to DLR via Vegas; 2008:Badly needed trip to the World-Wilderness Lodge; 2008:1st Christmas Trip-Contemporary; 2009:What aren't we celebrating?!?!-Saratoga Springs; 2010:Alice's 1st Trip to WDW-Bay Lake Tower; 2011:Alice's 1st Trip to DLR-Grand Californian; 2012:Parents Getaway-Animal Kingdom Lodge; 2012 :Are we nuts? Yep!-Ft. Wilderness; 2012:Alice's 1st Christmas at WDW-Bay Lake Tower; 2013:Summer Fun-The Boardwalk; 2013:10th Anniversary Wine and Dine-Old Key West; 2014: Summer Wilderness Adventure-Wilderness Lodge Villas
MUDisneyCouple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:41 PM   #20
ajh88
DIS Veteran

Just to echo others - we had late dining and our breakfast time was 8 am. Be fore-warned that when they say 8, they really mean 8. We showed up a bit early (maybe 7:40) because there wasn't much else to do and they couldn't seat us because they were changing over from the early seating. It makes sense, just not something we were thinking about in the moment.

The official time that everyone was to be off the ship was 9:15 am.

ajh88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 11:27 PM   #21
wilkeliza
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUDisneyCouple View Post
It's been a looong time since we've cruised...they will transfer us to MCO from the Port, right? Also, is it realistic to think we could make a 11:00am flight out that day? TIA!!
For an 11 am you need to be first off the boat. That is assuring there are no customs issues. They earliest I've heard them getting the all clear is 7:30. Say 30 minutes to get your bags an go through customs your on the bus at 8 Hoping it leaves no later than 8:30 you are at MCO at 9. Then you have to go through security and find your gate. DCL suggests flights after 1:00 pm. If your flight is before 1 they suggest you are off the boat by 8 at the absolute latest.
wilkeliza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 05:43 PM   #22
Capt_BJ
So Many Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUDisneyCouple View Post
1. You are cruising from Port Canaveral? If yes continue, if no then NO

2. You can BUY a transfer from the cruise terminal to MCO ... it is not included in your basic cruise fare nor is it the cheapest way to get to MCO from the port.

3. 11 is earlier than DCL recommends but under normal circumstances if you are at the front of the departure line (first hour) you'll be OK. Do NOT dawdle. Remember the drive from Port Canaveral to MCO is the better part of an hour, and the security lines at MCO can be long . . . an hour is not uncommon.

WDW more than I can count incl EPCOT opening
40+ cruises including
DCL x 7 incl inaugural years of Magic and Wonder
retired 29 yr USCG, 12 years at sea, 4 in Command
Capt_BJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:08 PM   #23
Octoberbride03
I think Tweetie done gone Cuckoo
Been there, done that, married the man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDisneyFreaks View Post
One note is that on the last morning, you don't have to go to the dining room at the appointed time (6:45 is ungodly early to be up, dressed, packed and leaving your room!). Dining is available in the buffet restaurant at any time that last morning. I believe they stop serving at 8:30, and when you leave your room, you're asked to take everything with you that last morning, don't eat and then return to the room, but you can certainly get up at 7:00, take 30 minutes to get dressed/shower/packed and then go to breakfast at the buffet.

Additionally, yes, you're assigned either early dining (around 5:45) or late dining (around 8:00). As well as a rotation of the 3 main dining rooms. You can eat during that assigned time/place, or eat in the buffet restaurant (which isn't buffet during dinner) or any one of the quick service restaurants on the pool deck if you don't want to go to that dining for some reason. What the PP is referring to when they mentioned that you may not be accomodated if you don't go to that place/time, is if you miss your dining, and still want to eat in the dining room you were scheduled to be in that night, they may not be able to fit you in based on availability, but you won't go hungry.
On our first cruise we went to our assigned seating for breakfast. Had to bring all our luggage with us and leave right after. A hassle I don't really care for. The last cruise we went to Topsiders early for breakfast(6am early) and left all our luggage in the room. Ate at our leisure with our friends and then went back to the room, picked up our bags and walked off the ship. I highly recommend doing the buffet on disembark day. No one we saw brought their luggage up there and no rush to move through the seating and be off the ship. I don't remember what the final time for leaving was, but we were well ahead of it.
Old 04-05-2013, 02:57 AM   #24
ppony
Artist in residence

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanejudy View Post
Think of it this way...everyone's always anxious to get ON the ship to start your cruise. The guests leaving have to be all gone and the ship completely turned over for that to happen. The longer departing guests linger, the later it will be that arriving guests may board.

Have you ever seen a show on "cable" that showed cruise ships and the turn over? I just happened upon one where they were showing one of the Disney ships and how absolutely CRAZY those people work to turn over the ship that fast. I couldn't handle it. I'd have a coronary within 10 minutes. Those people are in some super serious shape. It makes you respect the time you should leave all the more. I'd never consider milking my time aboard at their expense. I'm not rushing off, but I'm not waiting around for them to have to tell me. I think we were off around 8-ish last time. They have a job I'd never want and then hours later, are there to give you a smile. I don't know how they do it!

ppony is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: