Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2013, 01:59 PM   #1
tpettie
What"s a tag and why do you want one?

Disembarking??

If I have a late flight can I take my time getting off the boat when we arrive at port canaveral?? Or do we have to be prepared to get off at 7:30am when the ship docks.

All Stars Movies December 2008 (First Trip)
All Stars Movies December 2009 (Return with more kids)
POR Nov 28 - Dec 05 2010 (Adult Only Trip)
ASMusic Sept 29 - Oct6 2011 (let go trip)
Sequel Trip AofA Resort Nov/Dec 2012
POP Sept 7-12 with Disney Dream 3 Night Cruise Sept 12-15
tpettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 02:02 PM   #2
wilkeliza
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpettie View Post
If I have a late flight can I take my time getting off the boat when we arrive at port canaveral?? Or do we have to be prepared to get off at 7:30am when the ship docks.
It depends on when your dinning is. If you have early dinning you eat breakfast at 6:30 and are asked to be off the boat at 8. If you have late dinning breakfast is at 8 (maybe 8:30) and you should be off the boat as soon as you are done with breakfast. Unless you are staying concierge you are suppose to be out of your stateroom by 8 am.
wilkeliza is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-26-2013, 02:03 PM   #3
lanejudy

DISboards Moderator

DCL wants all passengers off by 9:00am, and if still onboard at that time they will politely but firmly direct you off. Passengers are asked to vacate staterooms by 8:00am. Debarkation begins typically around 7:30 or as soon as Customs clears the ship. You do not have to be part of the big rush at 7:30am, but it's not a time to leisurely hang-out with nothing to do.

If you are one of the later people off and taking DCL transfers, be prepared for a long wait on the bus as they make sure there are no more passengers.

Enjoy your cruise!
lanejudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 02:04 PM   #4
tpettie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilkeliza View Post
It depends on when your dinning is. If you have early dinning you eat breakfast at 6:30 and are asked to be off the boat at 8. If you have late dinning breakfast is at 8 (maybe 8:30) and you should be off the boat as soon as you are done with breakfast. Unless you are staying concierge you are suppose to be out of your stateroom by 8 am.
Oh I have sooo much to learn... I didn't know there was Breakfast Dinning I only knew about the evening seating how do you know when the Breakfast Dinning is??

Old 03-26-2013, 02:08 PM   #5
lanejudy

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Oh I have sooo much to learn... I didn't know there was Breakfast Dinning I only knew about the evening seating how do you know when the Breakfast Dinning is??
Breakfast is only assigned on the last morning to get everyone up and out. You'll eat at the same MDR you had dinner the night before, or you have the option to eat at the buffet. Other mornings, dining is not assigned. You may choose to eat at an MDR (1 or more will be open) or the buffet or room service.
Old 03-26-2013, 02:15 PM   #6
tpettie

So what is first and second seating ??? isn't that your assigned time to Dinning?
What is MDR??

Old 03-26-2013, 02:28 PM   #7
wilkeliza
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So what is first and second seating ??? isn't that your assigned time to Dinning?
What is MDR??
First and second seating are what you are assigned. You either have early seating or late seating. That is when you can eat. If you miss that time and your boat is full they may not be able to accommodate you. For breakfast it only matters for the last morning because they use the sit down breakfast as a way to control the crowds.

MDR means main dinning room. Each Disney ship has 3 and you will be assigned a rotation for those each night. If you don't like your rotation you can try to change it up until about 5 pm on the first night of the cruise.
wilkeliza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 02:31 PM   #8
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
What is MDR??
MDR = Main Dining Room. There are 3 of them on each ship. Your dinner seating will be either Main (early) or late.

Breakfast every day is served in the buffet as well as 1 of the MDRs (sit down service) and a different MDR (buffet). During the cruise, you may eat breakfast at whatever location you wish at any time during the breakfast hours (these will be in your Navigator).

The last morning you are assigned to a specific MDR/time to eat. You will be in the MDR you had your dinner the last night. Main dinner seating has early breakfast (6:45) and late dinner seating has later breakfast (7:30).

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 02:47 PM   #9
ColoradoDisneyFreaks
DIS Veteran

One note is that on the last morning, you don't have to go to the dining room at the appointed time (6:45 is ungodly early to be up, dressed, packed and leaving your room!). Dining is available in the buffet restaurant at any time that last morning. I believe they stop serving at 8:30, and when you leave your room, you're asked to take everything with you that last morning, don't eat and then return to the room, but you can certainly get up at 7:00, take 30 minutes to get dressed/shower/packed and then go to breakfast at the buffet.

Additionally, yes, you're assigned either early dining (around 5:45) or late dining (around 8:00). As well as a rotation of the 3 main dining rooms. You can eat during that assigned time/place, or eat in the buffet restaurant (which isn't buffet during dinner) or any one of the quick service restaurants on the pool deck if you don't want to go to that dining for some reason. What the PP is referring to when they mentioned that you may not be accomodated if you don't go to that place/time, is if you miss your dining, and still want to eat in the dining room you were scheduled to be in that night, they may not be able to fit you in based on availability, but you won't go hungry.
Old 03-26-2013, 03:33 PM   #10
Marisarv
Earning My Ears

Port of Miami transfer

Hi we will be at Miami next week to our wonder cruise, then we want to go to orlando, do You know if could we take a disney transfer from port of miami to Orland disney resorts? And what i hace to do?

Thanks a lot (sorry for my english)

María
Marisarv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:37 PM   #11
CatDenver
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilkeliza View Post
What are the guidelines for disembarking time if one is concierge?

Moi DH Michael (13) Catie (10)

Disney HalloWonder Bahamian Cruise - Oct 26, 2013
Pre-trip Report The Yours Mine and Ours Mystery Tour
Trip Report We Are Family (I've got all my children with me) HalloWonder Trip Report
CatDenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:41 PM   #12
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marisarv View Post
Hi we will be at Miami next week to our wonder cruise, then we want to go to orlando, do You know if could we take a disney transfer from port of miami to Orland disney resorts? And what i hace to do?

Thanks a lot (sorry for my english)

María
DCL does not transport people from port of Miami to Orlando. You'll have to get private transportation, most likely a rental car would be cheapest. It's about a 3-4 hour trip between the two places.

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:52 PM   #13
lanejudy

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatDenver View Post
What are the guidelines for disembarking time if one is concierge?
I believe all passengers are expected to be off the ship around 9/9:30am. Concierge guests are allowed to remain in their staterooms until they leave. They are also allowed room-service breakfast that morning if they so choose. Non-concierge must be out of their staterooms by 8:00am and there is no room service available.

Think of it this way...everyone's always anxious to get ON the ship to start your cruise. The guests leaving have to be all gone and the ship completely turned over for that to happen. The longer departing guests linger, the later it will be that arriving guests may board.
Old 03-26-2013, 04:07 PM   #14
CatDenver
Mouseketeer

Makes sense. Thanks lanejudy!

Moi DH Michael (13) Catie (10)

Disney HalloWonder Bahamian Cruise - Oct 26, 2013
Pre-trip Report The Yours Mine and Ours Mystery Tour
Trip Report We Are Family (I've got all my children with me) HalloWonder Trip Report
CatDenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 06:34 PM   #15
tpettie

I'm only doing a 3 day cruise there isn't enough breakfast times for me to try all the options... What are the best ones to do I only have a few days to squeeze in as much fun as I can.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: