Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Palo Brunch or Remy Champaign Brunch
Palo Brunch 26 68.42%
Remy Champaign Brunch 12 31.58%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-26-2013, 01:26 PM   #1
PrettyPrincessJen
AKA "MomBomb"

Palo Brunch or Remy Champaign Brunch?

I am trying to decide which Brunch to do on our upcoming cruise. We already have a dinner reservation at Remy with out a wine pairing. I am still torn between the two brunches. I am leaning towards the Palo so we would see both restaurants and it is cheaper. Which would you choose and why?
Old 03-26-2013, 01:35 PM   #2
Jessica_of_FL
Mouseketeer

Remy Champagne Brunch.

Palo Brunch was nice, the Remy Champagne Brunch was an experience. (We ate there back in June 2012 when it was not bookable online and the $50 included the champagne)

A True Disney Girl! This is the year of the Premier Annual Pass!
DLR lover starting in utero. DLR AP from 3 (I remember the big deal it was for me to finally be old enough to get my picture taken for that!) to 9. WDW AP off and on since age 15 (currently a Premier passholder!)
Disney Resorts I've stayed at over the years: Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Music, All Star Movies, Port Orleans Riverside, Port Orleans French Quarter, Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Old Key West, Boardwalk Villas, Beach Club Villas, Hilton Head Island,The Beach Club, Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village The Villas at the Grand Californian

Disney Fantasy Eastern 6/2012, Disney Wonder WBPC 5/2013
Jessica_of_FL is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-26-2013, 01:44 PM   #3
texasgirl73
Obsessive Trip Planner

Palo

I've done both and enjoyed both. I am only able to do one during my upcoming 4 nighter on the Dream and I chose Palo. I preferred the Remy dinner over the brunch so for me a Remy dinner and a Palo brunch would be a great combination if you are only doing 2 special meals.

Last edited by texasgirl73; 03-26-2013 at 01:44 PM. Reason: Spellin error
texasgirl73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:04 PM   #4
darkwing818
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasgirl73 View Post
I've done both and enjoyed both. I am only able to do one during my upcoming 4 nighter on the Dream and I chose Palo. I preferred the Remy dinner over the brunch so for me a Remy dinner and a Palo brunch would be a great combination if you are only doing 2 special meals.
Really can't go wrong either way, but push come to shove, I'd also go with the Palo Brunch.
darkwing818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 05:14 PM   #5
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country
It was a popular place after partying on Saturday nights

2 different experiences. Palo is a buffet with a hot entree option and I feel is more casual. Remy is a fixed menu plated lunch.

Where's the option to choose both.

Jill in CO
Old 03-26-2013, 05:51 PM   #6
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club

I prefer Remy brunch over Palo brunch hands down. PPs are right; Remy is an experience. The food at Palo brunch is good, but pales in comparison to Remy. I've only done Palo dinner & not Remy yet, so I can't comment on that (but I prefer Palo brunch over Palo dinner).

Having your choice, I'd probably do the Remy dinner & Palo brunch so you can try both, then do the reverse on your next cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

2016 Wonder Jan Southern ~ 2015 Magic June 11n Norway/Iceland; Dream Oct 4n ~ 2014 Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic Oct Southern/B2B repo ~ 2013 Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Silverfox97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 06:26 PM   #7
robhawk
DIS Veteran

Love the choices at Palo brunch!
Old 03-26-2013, 06:50 PM   #8
disneynme
Mouseketeer

I haven't done either, but we have a reservation for Palo brunch in May. There seemed to be several ingredients that I don't like at the Remy brunch (eggs, mushrooms, beef, etc.) so that swayed my decision. I also figure I can still have champagne or some other adult beverage at Palo brunch.
Old 03-26-2013, 07:20 PM   #9
TFrye
Earning My Ears

Have done both on Fantasy, and I like Palo.
DVC Stays : SSR, OKW, BLT, Vero Beach.

TFrye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:00 PM   #10
FJS961
DIS Veteran

Have done both and love both for different reasons. If on a longer cruise, I'm doing both no question. When DW and I do our 4 night Dream without kids and we have 1 sea day, she already said she wants Remy dinner and Palo brunch. She loves the variety at Palo brunch and the DESSERT TABLE!!!

In your case, you have the Remy dinner and wine parings planned. I would try the Palo brunch. You can always look forward to trying Remy lunch another cruise
FJS961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:45 PM   #11
SeptBride
DIS Veteran

Is Remy brunch not a great idea if you aren't a seafood eater (or vegetarian, etc)? Are alternatives courses offered?
Just booked a 4-night next month, and shoreside concierge is asking for our dining reservation requests
Any feedback from those who've had a special request for the fixed menu would be appreciated!
SeptBride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 10:01 PM   #12
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeptBride View Post
Is Remy brunch not a great idea if you aren't a seafood eater (or vegetarian, etc)? Are alternatives courses offered?
Just booked a 4-night next month, and shoreside concierge is asking for our dining reservation requests
Any feedback from those who've had a special request for the fixed menu would be appreciated!
DH did fine (shellfish allergy) & there was a vegan couple that had been there previously and looked like they were enjoying themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

2016 Wonder Jan Southern ~ 2015 Magic June 11n Norway/Iceland; Dream Oct 4n ~ 2014 Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic Oct Southern/B2B repo ~ 2013 Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Silverfox97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 10:12 PM   #13
TempusFugit
Are you a fan of delicious flavor?

I've never done Remy, but it'll be hard to top Palo's brunch.

Want to split a pineapple?

Last edited by TempusFugit; 03-27-2013 at 07:11 PM.
TempusFugit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:09 PM   #14
BriarRosie
Creator of Tag Fairy Haiku:
Clap your hands loudly
Bounce until your rear is sore
Tags shall be granted
Official DIS TF Haiku author!

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasgirl73 View Post
I have very similar opinions to texasgirl's. I've also done both brunches, as well, and I prefer Palo for the variety. I find the Remy dinner to be more of the dining experience than brunch. I'd rather book both brunch and dinner at Palo (different days!) and a Remy dinner.
Old 03-27-2013, 01:14 AM   #15
GatorMomInNC
DIS Veteran

I agree - love the Remy dinner, love the Palo brunch. Wasn't quite as happy with the Remy brunch - not UNhappy, just preferred the Palo brunch better. The REmy brunch was like the dinner but with less food. Palo brunch there is lots of food and the layout is so gorgeous. Remy dinner is quite an experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriarRosie View Post
I have very similar opinions to texasgirl's. I've also done both brunches, as well, and I prefer Palo for the variety. I find the Remy dinner to be more of the dining experience than brunch. I'd rather book both brunch and dinner at Palo (different days!) and a Remy dinner.
GatorMomInNC is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: