Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-01-2013, 07:36 AM   #1
oklamomof4boys
DIS Veteran

Booking Mixology class

Will they let me book the Mixology class for someone else if our reservations are linked?

Nathan's magical wish trip- Pre trip report [/U]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1866940
WDW twice including Nathan's MAW trip to WDW
8 cruises and counting- almost Platinum!
Disneyland- over 14 times and counting
oklamomof4boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 07:39 AM   #2
AdaraRae
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by oklamomof4boys View Post
Will they let me book the Mixology class for someone else if our reservations are linked?
You can't book it till you get on board from my understandings.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-01-2013, 07:43 AM   #3
Ready4NextCruise
Earning My Ears

This is true. Mixology is booked once you board. On my recent Fantasy cruise, we booked at Guest Services.

However, I have read on Disboards that if you have a large group and would like to book a private class, you can call DCL and ask.
Ready4NextCruise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 07:49 AM   #4
oklamomof4boys
DIS Veteran

We board today but I have an earlier PAT than they do so I was wanting to go ahead and get it booked while we wait for them to board.

We have a large disboards group and we had a private Mixology class all scheduled but then there jaws some kind of snafu and Disney never scheduled a date/time for it.

Nathan's magical wish trip- Pre trip report [/U]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1866940
WDW twice including Nathan's MAW trip to WDW
8 cruises and counting- almost Platinum!
Disneyland- over 14 times and counting
oklamomof4boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 11:22 AM   #5
Calimum
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by oklamomof4boys View Post
I am wondering the same thing...am hoping whichever of our group is on first can reserve for both of us.
Old 06-01-2013, 11:52 AM   #6
jjgarv
Gotta get away to where the boat leaves from...

If I remember correctly...

...I'm pretty certain that I booked this for a friend (our reservations were linked) when booking for myself and DH on our Fantasy cruise this past October. I needed to know her state room number, I believe.

I know that's no 'definite' answer, but I'm 99.4% sure that I booked this for her.
Honeymoon 4/00 4 Day Magic and Wilderness Lodge; 3/02 7 Day Eastern Magic; 11/02 Beach Club Villas; 11/04 7 day Western Magic; 10/05 4 Day Wonder and 3 Day at Saratoga Springs; 9/06 7 Day Twice the Magic--2x Castaway Cay; 11/07 7 Day Eastern Magic; 9/08 7 Western Double Dip--2x Castaway Cay; 5/09 Villas at AKL; 10/09 7 Day Eastern Magic to St Croix; 4/10 7 Day Caribbean Princess for 10th Anniversary; 10/10 7 Day Western Magic; 10/11 7 Days B2B on the Dream; 10/12 7 Day Eastern Fantasy; 3/12 DVC Villas at Aulani; 10/13 7 Day Western Fantasy; 10/14 7 Day Western Fantasy to Jamaica
jjgarv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 12:42 PM   #7
lovetotraveltx
DIS Veteran

You can book as soon as you board. If you go right away it's not at guest services it's listed in the navigator they give you when you board. It's in the same bar as dining changes.

And, yes you can book for anyone over 21 in all the cabins you have linked together.!
lovetotraveltx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 02:04 PM   #8
silence
Missin' Mickey

We had a travel party of 13 in 4 diff cabins. Since we were in boarding group 3, I went immediately to guest services and booked those that wanted into galley tour, art of theme show tour, mixology and beer tasting. I just needed their room numbers and the names of those wishing to participate.

Past Trips: Feb/Mar '14 - GCH Cheer Comp / Dec '13 - Candy Cane Inn / June '13 Candy Cane Inn / May 4 13 DCL FANTASY cruise and MK / Jan '13 GCH / July '12 DLH / April 1 '12 DISNEY CRUISE on the WONDER! / Feb 20 11 DISNEYCRUISE to MR and DISNEYLAND - Candy Cane Inn / Oct 10 - GCH / Nov 10 - HoJos / July 10 - HoJo's / July 09 - HoJo's & DLH / May 09 - HoJo's / April 09 - HoJo's & Candy Cane Inn / January 09 - HoJo's / November 08 - HoJo's / October 08 - HoJo's / Aug 08 - Desert Inn / May 08 - Desert Inn and Suites / Mar 08 - Desert Inn and Suites / Nov 07 - Ramada Inn Maingate / Sept 07 - Hawthorn Suites / May 07 - Paradise Pier / Aug 06 - HoJo / Dec 05 - DLH / May 03 - Hawthorn Suites / Sept 02 - Hilton Garden Inn / Nov 00 - Hilton Garden Inn / Sept 99 - Hawthorn Suites
silence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 01:16 PM   #9
Calimum
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by silence View Post
We had a travel party of 13 in 4 diff cabins. Since we were in boarding group 3, I went immediately to guest services and booked those that wanted into galley tour, art of theme show tour, mixology and beer tasting. I just needed their room numbers and the names of those wishing to participate.
Thank you all, glad we'll be able to do this!

Are all the tours and tastings for the week listed on the first navigator that you get? There is so much going on to know about!
Old 06-02-2013, 07:12 PM   #10
silence
Missin' Mickey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calimum View Post
Thank you all, glad we'll be able to do this!

Are all the tours and tastings for the week listed on the first navigator that you get? There is so much going on to know about!
The galley tour is not listed. I was really not impressed with this one at all. The other was listed in our first navigator.

Past Trips: Feb/Mar '14 - GCH Cheer Comp / Dec '13 - Candy Cane Inn / June '13 Candy Cane Inn / May 4 13 DCL FANTASY cruise and MK / Jan '13 GCH / July '12 DLH / April 1 '12 DISNEY CRUISE on the WONDER! / Feb 20 11 DISNEYCRUISE to MR and DISNEYLAND - Candy Cane Inn / Oct 10 - GCH / Nov 10 - HoJos / July 10 - HoJo's / July 09 - HoJo's & DLH / May 09 - HoJo's / April 09 - HoJo's & Candy Cane Inn / January 09 - HoJo's / November 08 - HoJo's / October 08 - HoJo's / Aug 08 - Desert Inn / May 08 - Desert Inn and Suites / Mar 08 - Desert Inn and Suites / Nov 07 - Ramada Inn Maingate / Sept 07 - Hawthorn Suites / May 07 - Paradise Pier / Aug 06 - HoJo / Dec 05 - DLH / May 03 - Hawthorn Suites / Sept 02 - Hilton Garden Inn / Nov 00 - Hilton Garden Inn / Sept 99 - Hawthorn Suites
silence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 07:21 PM   #11
Disney Dreams
Proudly afflicted with TDMA!
Major pin collector in denial

Quote:
Originally Posted by silence View Post
How did you book a Galley Tour? Are you Platinum? What ship?

I ask because we have tried over and over for a Galley tour and have been told over and over that they do not give them.

Can you share how you managed to get one? Thank you.

- Dreams

Disney Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 07:24 PM   #12
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Dreams View Post
How did you book a Galley Tour? Are you Platinum? What ship?

I ask because we have tried over and over for a Galley tour and have been told over and over that they do not give them.

Can you share how you managed to get one? Thank you.

- Dreams
I've been reading reports recently that the Galley Tour is being offered randomly.

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: