Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2013, 05:21 PM   #196
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by FortForever View Post
WDW needs to lower their accepted capacity significantly. But, I guess they will keep raking in the bucks as long as people are willing to put up with it.
Yes, they will.
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:33 PM   #197
Sydnerella
enough is as good as a feast

Quote:
WDW needs to lower their accepted capacity significantly. But, I guess they will keep raking in the bucks as long as people are willing to put up with it.
or... gasp!... continue to add more capacity and rides instead of expensive intricate bug-infused "tools" and guest-routing infrastructure that reduces the amount of rides one can ride and helps them sell more merchandise to the lemmings who get FP+ for Swiss Family Treehouse.

October 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside, March 2012 - Port Orleans French Quarter, February 2011 -Carribean Beach, March 2010 - VRBO House, April 2008 - VRBO House, March 2006 - Celebration
Sydnerella is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-28-2013, 05:34 PM   #198
mrsp1030
DIS Veteran

It seems like today was the shortest closure of the days so far. This weekend will probably be Te worse as you cross between two spring break crowds those arriving and those finishing up
mrsp1030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:35 PM   #199
ManyMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:

They won't, until an emergency causes a stampede and people are injured or killed. There is no way they could get people out safely with that amount of people in the park.
ManyMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:40 PM   #200
rockawaybeachgirl
Mouseketeer

I admit, I have not read every post in this thread, so this may have been mentioned - but does anyone think these crowd levels in the parks have been exacerbated by the cool weather - i.e. less people spending the day by the pool or in the waterparks? we are going next week and plan on 2 solid days of pool time/hotel time - but if it were 50 degrees, we might revisit that plan!
rockawaybeachgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:42 PM   #201
mrsp1030
DIS Veteran

I agree with that. We went in December one year and it was unusually cool. I mean 30 and 40 degrees and people we met said they had every intention of swimming and doing a water park day but too cold even with heated pools! Next week looks to be 70s and 80s!!'
mrsp1030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:53 PM   #202
canoe86
Mouseketeer

I know this probably goes against some board rules, or Disney karma, but I just don't like Disney that much to stand in lines as long as I'm reading on here.

Just asked our 11 year old what would be the maximum time she would wait for barnstormer. 5 minutes was her answer. When we told her the wait was well over an hour she said...."Why would anyone wait an hour for a 15 second ride?"

Good luck to all who are there now.
canoe86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:39 PM   #203
puffkin
DVC Owner- SSR & AKV

You have to take the ride wait time apps with a grain of salt. The wait times posted all week have been horribly exaggerated in my opinion. DHS wasn't bad at all today. We got a ton accomplished and we even left for a few hours this afternoon.

Veteran of 25+ trips to the World
puffkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 12:22 AM   #204
kangaroodle
DVC Member

We were at DHS today too. Got there at RD and got a ton done...even TSM 3x. But the wait time apps were almost spot on to the posted times. We kept checking all day. We also left after lunch around 2pm, when I'm sure the crush of people were there.

Just visited March 25-29th.....CRAZY week!

Mark Kathy Kelly Jeff Boomer
kangaroodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 12:27 AM   #205
AR81
DIS Veteran

Just curious how were or how are the crowds typically the second week of March? We went this year the week after Presidents Day. I was scared about the crowd levels prior to going but went on all most recommended days and had a great time. Now next year we plan on Spring Break but we are from the south and our spring break is usually early in March and not later. For example this year it was March 10-15. I know they started the 7am openings that week but how bad was it or typically for early March? Is it probably comparable to Presidents day week? Now we werent there on President day, we arrived Tuesday the 19th and stayed 4 nights.....
AR81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 01:02 AM   #206
Suzanne74
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvjw View Post
We happened into the MK when it had closed for capacity during the 1st week of January. All I can say is that we could not get out of that park fast enough. We were trying to get to Splash Mountain, but were trapped by the parade. I can't accurately describe how crowded it was, and how many people were there - it was insane. When the parade passed, we looked down the path by Frontierland, and there literally was a person in every square inch of the path. It was scary - I felt like I couldn't keep up with my boys, there were just simply too many people. We decided that we would never vacation during a really busy time again - it just wasn't worth it.
This is how we felt at MNSSHP a few years ago. It was horrible for the parade and fireworks and people were tense, not magical. Wall to wall people. No way to get past the bridges to do anything. You were stuck We have avoided the high peaks like the plague. Why pay top dollar for top crowds?
09/11 - Kidani 1 bdrm villa savannah view!, 09/08 - Disney Cruise 4 night Wonder , 11/07 - Grand Floridian Christmas trip, 08/06 - POP Century (free dining), 10/05 - Coronado Springs Resort (free dining), 05/05 - Polynesian Lagoon Concierge, 09/04 - Old Key West 1 bdrm villa, 09/04 - Dolphin , 04/00 - Offsite, 06/98 - Contemporary, 08/96 - Contemporary Wing Room, 05/92 - Offsite, 08/90 - Disneyland, 4 other times with my family as a kid. All offsite.
Suzanne74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 01:11 AM   #207
LikeSeriously
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne74

This is how we felt at MNSSHP a few years ago. It was horrible for the parade and fireworks and people were tense, not magical. Wall to wall people. No way to get past the bridges to do anything. You were stuck We have avoided the high peaks like the plague. Why pay top dollar for top crowds?
That's interesting. We went for MNSSHP a few years ago and never waited in line more than a few minutes. The streets felt empty and my daughter just walked up to a lot of the characters and they would hug her and dance with her.
LikeSeriously is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 01:27 AM   #208
Suzanne74
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliceacc View Post

We go in August, when the parks are open pretty late.

I'm very much a morning person, so I'm in charge of mornings. I set my alarm, get up and into the shower, then take our mugs down and get everyone coffee/tea/juice. (We place an order from gardengrocer so we have breakfast food in the room.) Before I leave the room, my husband is getting up and into the shower.

I arrive back at the room with breakfast and get the kids up. The kids shower, dress, and eat while someone else is showering, so it really moves pretty quickly.

We hit rope drop, and tour until lunchtime. Then we head back to the resort and swim the afternoon away. (OK, in the interests of total honesty, my husband frequently naps. And sometimes I catch a few winks in the sum)

We had back to the parks for dinner, then do much lighter touring in the evening. After fireworks, we go back to the room and right to bed.

Somehow, everyone gets enough sleep.
We do this exactly. Go mid to late August. Start with RD. From RD to 1pm, we can knock out most of HS, Epcot future world, AK or half of MK depending on the day. Then we go back to resort from 1-4pm and do anything from lunch, pool, naps, showers. Then back for dinner and a more casual night at another park or sometimes DTD.
09/11 - Kidani 1 bdrm villa savannah view!, 09/08 - Disney Cruise 4 night Wonder , 11/07 - Grand Floridian Christmas trip, 08/06 - POP Century (free dining), 10/05 - Coronado Springs Resort (free dining), 05/05 - Polynesian Lagoon Concierge, 09/04 - Old Key West 1 bdrm villa, 09/04 - Dolphin , 04/00 - Offsite, 06/98 - Contemporary, 08/96 - Contemporary Wing Room, 05/92 - Offsite, 08/90 - Disneyland, 4 other times with my family as a kid. All offsite.
Old 03-29-2013, 01:33 AM   #209
Suzanne74
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeSeriously View Post

That's interesting. We went for MNSSHP a few years ago and never waited in line more than a few minutes. The streets felt empty and my daughter just walked up to a lot of the characters and they would hug her and dance with her.
It was that way for us the first MNSSHP we went to. The next time we went we made a fatal mistake of going on a weekend closer to Halloween and it was full of locals. The ride times weren't so bad but the bridges, main street, candy areas were CRAZY busy. It was night and day.
Old 03-29-2013, 07:03 AM   #210
Nicoleclaw
Mouseketeer

We have been here since last Saturday. We did ep, hs, ep, mk, mk, ak, and today our last day is Ep. The only line we have waited for was about 20 for pirates and 30 for haunted. We have done all the headliners except mission space, some more than once. We missed car show at hs due to torrential downpour and tornado warnings. And we've been freezing!!but we can't handle the heat of summer and we stay offsite so no emh! Lol we have to go now with 3 school employees in our group. We did Xmas 3 years ago and this feels the same or worse at some points. We managed lines fine due to my planning.... But walking anywhere is such a hassle!!! If our kids were alittle older and could stay up later, we would leave and come back at night which would help as well.
Nicoleclaw is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: