Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2013, 10:00 AM   #1
jjjbennett
Mouseketeer

Do room only ressies still get free Magical Express

Had to break up my family into one ASMU suite with tix using a discount package and 2 adults in a separate room without tix on a room only discount due to one of those adults not intending to stay the whole trip thus only needing a few days tix. I told the disney CSR to link and she said she would link the two ressies, however this morning I got my email ressie link and it only shows the package part of my ressie.

Will the 2 listed on the the room only part be able to use the Magical Express.??? This is important to my plans
jjjbennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 10:09 AM   #2
lthiesfeld07
Mouseketeer

You will be able to use ME! This has happened to me before. If you don't receive tags and booklets for everyone, save your luggage receipt from the airline and give it to ME at Orlando International. It might take extra time, but you won't be denied ME.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
1997- Dixie Landings * 2002- ASMo * Aug 2011- Off-site Jan 2012- CBR * April 2012- OKW *June 2012- ASMu *September 2012- Pop/Kidani *March 2013- ASMu/Kidani *July 2013 AEP- CSR/Contemporary *October 2013- ASMu/Contemporary *December 2013- POR

lthiesfeld07 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-26-2013, 10:13 AM   #3
jordanri
i am disgruntled in every childhood photo from disney

did you register the me for the room only? you should be able to put the flight in! when i worked at disney i obviously only did room-only for my friends/family who came to visit and they never had an issue using it

2012 Disney College Program Children's Activities Hostess • 2012 Disney's Contemporary Resort & Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort • 2012 Disney's Port Orleans French Quarter Resort • 2012 Disney's Pop Century Resort • 2011 Disney College Program Attractions Hostess • 2011 Disney's Pop Century Resort • 2008 Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort • 2004 Off-Site Band Trip • 2001 Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort • 1999 Disney's Port Orleans Resort • 1997 Disney's Dixie Landings Resort • 1995 Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort • 1994 Disney's Port Orleans Resort
jordanri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 10:15 AM   #4
Lorien728
Mouseketeer

Yes you can call and add it to the room if you want!

Lorien728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 10:50 AM   #5
tjmw2727
Enjoys "mom and me" trips
May just have to dance!

Yes - you don't have to book a package to use DME nor do you have to arrive or depart on the same dates, etc.

FWIW - if you don't exceed room capacity you can book everyone on the same package with a minimum number of tickets - say 2 days each. Then once you check in and everyone receives their tickets each guest can upgrade them as they wish and the cost is the same is it would be if they purchased in advance.

We have a few family members staying together in a condo next week so we did just this. Booked the package with 2 days of base tickets for everyone, some of us are going to add additional days others days and hopper option etc.

TJ
tjmw2727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 12:44 PM   #6
jjjbennett
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjmw2727 View Post
Yes - you don't have to book a package to use DME nor do you have to arrive or depart on the same dates, etc.

FWIW - if you don't exceed room capacity you can book everyone on the same package with a minimum number of tickets - say 2 days each. Then once you check in and everyone receives their tickets each guest can upgrade them as they wish and the cost is the same is it would be if they purchased in advance.

We have a few family members staying together in a condo next week so we did just this. Booked the package with 2 days of base tickets for everyone, some of us are going to add additional days others days and hopper option etc.
Thank you for this great idea. Obviously the DISers are more knowledgeable than the Disney CSRs... thanks everyone for the assurance about ME. and good news that not everyone has to arrive at the same time as we have some coming via separate flights and I was beating myself up trying to have us all land about the same time. Gives me some flexibility I did not realize I had.
jjjbennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 01:15 PM   #7
tjmw2727
Enjoys "mom and me" trips
May just have to dance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjjbennett View Post
Thank you for this great idea. Obviously the DISers are more knowledgeable than the Disney CSRs... thanks everyone for the assurance about ME. and good news that not everyone has to arrive at the same time as we have some coming via separate flights and I was beating myself up trying to have us all land about the same time. Gives me some flexibility I did not realize I had.
Glad to help!

My party isn't even arriving and departing on the same days! Most of us arrive at some point Friday ranging from 11 am to 10 pm and don't even ask me about the departures

As long as all the guests are listed on the reservation they can use DME you don't all have to travel together.

I just distributed the DME vouchers and luggage tags to everyone after I got them since I am the "lead" on the reservation. For the return we will confirm all the times and then each party will receive a confirmation letter and vouchers the day before departure.

TJ
tjmw2727 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: