DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2013, 09:46 AM   #1
dwight16
Mouseketeer

banking, buying one time points, borrow

OK here is my questions i currently have 240 points for 2013 50 banked points from 2012 and 190 for 2013. here is my question

in this example a 1 week stay at a 2 bedroom at wilderness is 318 points in may

can i use my 240 buy 24 one time use points then borrow the rest from 2014?
dwight16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 10:11 AM   #2
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwight16 View Post
OK here is my questions i currently have 240 points for 2013 50 banked points from 2012 and 190 for 2013. here is my question

From the Member Website:
Quote:
As a Disney Vacation Club Member, occasionally you may find yourself in need of just few extra vacation points in order to book that perfect dream vacation. Previously, this required borrowing vacation points from a future use year, but very recently a new alternative was introduced. They're called "one-time-use" vacation points and are available for a fee of $15 ($13.33 plus $1.67 tax) per vacation point. Availability of one-time-use vacation points may be limited or suspended from time to time, and the fee is subject to change.

Details:
•One-time-use vacation points are vacation points available for Disney Vacation Club Members to use as an alternative to borrowing vacation points from the following use year's allotment.

•You can obtain a maximum of 24 one-time-use vacation points once per use year per membership.

•A maximum of 24 one-time-use vacation points are processed in a single transaction, not multiple transactions.

•The fee for one-time-use vacation points is $15 (including tax) per vacation point, and is subject to change.

•One-time-use vacation points expire according to the use year of the reservation booked and are non-refundable, non-transferable and cannot be banked or borrowed.

•One-time-use vacation points are not available for waitlist reservations.

•One-time-use vacation points cannot be applied retroactively to existing reservations.

•One-time-use vacation points are only available for Members whose contract is closed and in good standing.

•One-time-use vacation points are available only for Disney Vacation Club Resorts, Disney Collection*, Adventurer Collection* and World Passport Collection reservations.

* Available when you purchase directly from Disney.

•One-time-use vacation points used for Disney Vacation Club resort reservations can only be used up to 7 months prior to arrival.

•One-time-use vacation points for Disney Collection, Adventurer Collection and World Passport reservations can be used according to the booking guidelines for each individual collection.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-26-2013, 10:16 AM   #3
chalee94
I thought all sand was ground up rocks
He's used to walking n00bies

Quote:

i assume your UY is Feb, March or April?

sounds like as long as there is a villa still available (i.e. you don't have to waitlist), then that will work out.

chalee94 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 12:17 PM   #4
dwight16
Mouseketeer

my use year is sept this is a long term plan for next year. i dont want to borrow most of my points for 2014 also want the people i am bringing to contribute some cash i will call up and ask i know i had a choice to buy before and not borrow but i need more then the 24 points....i am unsure bc i want to borrow and buy.

Last edited by dwight16; 03-26-2013 at 12:41 PM.
Old 03-26-2013, 01:24 PM   #5
circhead
Mouseketeer

Yes this can be done. On line even. Just have to wait for your use year to begin so that the following years' points are available for borrowing.
Old 03-26-2013, 01:45 PM   #6
chalee94
I thought all sand was ground up rocks
He's used to walking n00bies

Quote:
Originally Posted by circhead View Post
Yes this can be done. On line even. Just have to wait for your use year to begin so that the following years' points are available for borrowing.
this is not accurate. your 2014 and 2015 pts are already showing in your member account and you can use borrowed pts at 11 months out. UY has nothing at all - zero - to do with when you can call to book.

but purchased one-time pts can only be used at 7 months out - which can make certain bookings more iffy...

chalee94 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:18 AM   #7
dwight16
Mouseketeer

can you buy points online? i just tried to see i was 44 points short and only asked me to borrow and not buy. can you only buy when you call in?
Old 03-27-2013, 09:46 AM   #8
Deb & Bill

Quote:
can you buy points online? i just tried to see i was 44 points short and only asked me to borrow and not buy. can you only buy when you call in?
You cannot buy on line. You must call MS to buy the one time points. Or to use transferred points (but you didn't ask that one).

Old 03-27-2013, 02:49 PM   #9
dwight16
Mouseketeer

oh crap so that means if your scared about the 8-9 window of all the rooms getting booked you have a problem........can you call up and redo it?
Old 03-29-2013, 08:28 AM   #10
Sandisw

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
oh crap so that means if your scared about the 8-9 window of all the rooms getting booked you have a problem........can you call up and redo it?
You can only buy points at the 7 month mark. If you borrow points, they can not be returned. You can not book a room now and then at 7 months call and ask to buy one time use points and swap them for your current UY points.

If you want to be able to buy points to limit what you are borrowing, it is going to have to happen at the 7 month mark with a call to ms.

What you could do ahead of time is book all but the one night that you will need the one time use points for and then only have to worry about that when the 7 month window opens. If it not available, you'd have to book something in its place to buy the points and then waitlist it.

Sandisw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:07 AM   #11
dwight16
Mouseketeer

That seems like like a good idea. So if I have enough points for say 5 days. I can call up and add to it with buy points and borrow only?
Old 03-29-2013, 11:18 AM   #12
Deb & Bill

Quote:
That seems like like a good idea. So if I have enough points for say 5 days. I can call up and add to it with buy points and borrow only?
You are limited to 24 one time use points at seven months out. They don't have any home resort advantage, so they can't be used to make a reservation at a hard to get resort/location. You can purchase them once a UY.

Old 03-29-2013, 01:03 PM   #13
dwight16
Mouseketeer

I am just trying to make my guests contribute some cash and buying points helps me show them this is not free

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: