Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2013, 09:13 AM   #1
Jessica_of_FL
Mouseketeer

Beverage Tastings and Seminars - Prices & Reviews

DH and I are trying to estimate our expenses for our upcoming cruise

Below are the tasting that have been offered by DCL in the past. Could you help by filling in the info on any tasting you know the price of? Here on the DIS, I've read some are $15, some are $20. But I'd really like to know the actual price of each (with the knowledge that the price could change whenever DCL decides it needs to )

Also, if you've done a particular tasting, could you add your review of it? What tastings should I make a point of trying to get into? Or make sure to avoid?

Amari Tasting - $20.00
Beer Tasting -
Beer Tasting - Domestic -
Beer Tasting - International - $15.00
Bloody Mary Tasting - $15.00
Bourbon Tasting - $20.00
Champagne & Sparkling Wine Tasting - $30.00
Cognac Tasting - $20.00
International Whiskey Tasting
Malt Whiskey Tasting - $20.00
Martini Tasting - $15.00
Mixology/Mixology Class - $15.00
Mojito Tasting - $15.00
Rum Tasting - $15.00
Tequila and Margarita Tasting - $15.00
Wine Tasting - Around the World - $15.00
Wine Tasting - Blind Tasting
Wine Tasting - New World Red
Wine Tasting - New World - $15.00
Wine Tasting - Old World Red
Wine Tasting - Old World White
Wine Tasting - Old World - $15.00
Wine Tasting - Texas Wines - $15.00
Wine Tasting - Wine and Chocolate - $30.00
Wine Pairing
Wine Tasting -
Wine Tasting (Food & Wine Pairing)

Click on the to be taken to a post with a review in it!

Thank you!

Jessica

A True Disney Girl! This is the year of the Premier Annual Pass!
DLR lover starting in utero. DLR AP from 3 (I remember the big deal it was for me to finally be old enough to get my picture taken for that!) to 9. WDW AP off and on since age 15 (currently a Premier passholder!)
Disney Resorts I've stayed at over the years: Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Music, All Star Movies, Port Orleans Riverside, Port Orleans French Quarter, Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Old Key West, Boardwalk Villas, Beach Club Villas, Hilton Head Island,The Beach Club, Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village The Villas at the Grand Californian

Disney Fantasy Eastern 6/2012, Disney Wonder WBPC 5/2013

Last edited by Jessica_of_FL; 04-17-2013 at 07:09 AM. Reason: added tastings and prices
Jessica_of_FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:38 AM   #2
Gilland18
DIS Veteran

The chocolate tasting was $30. I wasn't willing to pay that so can't review it. I heard people really enjoyed it. I seem to remember it was later in the evening, too.

Kim

WDW 1984, Polynesian/Wonder 2003, Pop Century 2006,
Wonder Alaska 2011, Wonder EBPC 2012, Magic WBTA 2014
Gilland18 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-26-2013, 09:44 AM   #3
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica_of_FL View Post
DH and I will be going on the WBPC in May and I am trying to estimate our expenses
We would like to partake in some of the tastings offered onboard
Looking at the December WBPC Navigators, I'm guessing we will have ALOT of options

Below are the tasting that were offered in December. Could you help by filling in the info on any tasting you know the price of? Here on the DIS, I've read some are $15, some are $20. But I'd really like to know the actual price of each (with the knowledge that the price could change whenever DCL decides it needs to )

Champagne & Sparkling Wine Tasting
International Beer Tasting
Tequila and Margarita Tasting
Cognac Tasting
Wine Pairing
International Whiskey Tasting
Martini Tasting
Mixology Class
Mixology (as listed on the Navigator. Is this different form the "Mixology Class" above?)
Chocolate Tasting
Old World White Wine Tasting
New World Red Wine Tasting
Domestic Beer Tasting
Malt Whiskey Tasting
Old World Red Wine Tasting
International Beer Tasting
Bourbon Tasting
Blind Wine Tasting
Wine Tasting (Food & Wine Pairing)

The "Wine Tasting (Food & Wine Pairing)" sounds awesome, and I'm guessing it costs alot more. Has anyone ever done it and have a review?

For that matter, any tastings that I should make a point of trying to get into? Or make sure to avoid?

Thank you!

Jessica
Sent you a PM

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

2015 - Wonder Mar 4n; Magic June 11n Norway/Iceland; Dream Oct 4n ~ 2014 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic - Oct SOUTHERN/B2B repo ~ 2013 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 - June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 - Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Silverfox97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:46 AM   #4
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club

I highly recommend Mixology And no, there isn't a difference between Mixology & Mixology class.

2015 - Wonder Mar 4n; Magic June 11n Norway/Iceland; Dream Oct 4n ~ 2014 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic - Oct SOUTHERN/B2B repo ~ 2013 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 - June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 - Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Old 03-26-2013, 09:58 AM   #5
GoHabsGo
Mouseketeer

I enjoyed the mixology class. At $15 it's a great deal.

I didn't like the way some of the 'guest bartenders' mixed the drinks - they were trying to be funny but they were just ruining the drinks. I picked drinks where the person tried to do it 'right' and wasn't disappointed in any of them. I'd encourage everyone to try to mix a proper drink.

PS schedule a nap after the class!
GoHabsGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 10:02 AM   #6
Jessica_of_FL
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilland18 View Post
The chocolate tasting was $30. I wasn't willing to pay that so can't review it. I heard people really enjoyed it. I seem to remember it was later in the evening, too.
Oh my! $30 per person? That makes my budget go and my logic say "No chocolate tasting for you!"

DLR lover starting in utero. DLR AP from 3 (I remember the big deal it was for me to finally be old enough to get my picture taken for that!) to 9. WDW AP off and on since age 15 (currently a Premier passholder!)
Disney Resorts I've stayed at over the years: Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Music, All Star Movies, Port Orleans Riverside, Port Orleans French Quarter, Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Old Key West, Boardwalk Villas, Beach Club Villas, Hilton Head Island,The Beach Club, Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village The Villas at the Grand Californian

Old 03-26-2013, 10:05 AM   #7
Jessica_of_FL
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfox97 View Post
I highly recommend Mixology And no, there isn't a difference between Mixology & Mixology class.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHabsGo View Post
I enjoyed the mixology class. At $15 it's a great deal.

I didn't like the way some of the 'guest bartenders' mixed the drinks - they were trying to be funny but they were just ruining the drinks. I picked drinks where the person tried to do it 'right' and wasn't disappointed in any of them. I'd encourage everyone to try to mix a proper drink.

PS schedule a nap after the class!
Mixology/Mixology class (glad that they are the same) sounds like a $15 winner to me! Thanks you two!

Old 03-26-2013, 10:10 AM   #8
WDW Princess 71
DIS Veteran

Mixology was an awesome value at $15 on my Fantasy cruise in January, met great people, got to go behind the bar to make drinks as strong as we liked, and it lasted an hour and a half! Great time.

I also did the cognac tasting on that cruise which was $20/pp. It was much more low-key than mixology but I also enjoyed it. It was at 10:00 PM so a nice way to unwind after dinner in the Cove Cafe and I really learned a lot about the differences in cognac tastes, age and pricing.

September 2014: 14 Night WB Transatlantic on the Magic! November 2013: WDW & 3 Night Dream Mother/Daughter TripJuly 2013: 12-Night Eastern Med Cruise w/Greece & Turkey, then Disneyland Paris! January 2013: 7 Night Western Carib on the Fantasy May 2012: 5-Night Double Dip Dream Cruise for Mom & Dad's 30th Anniversary! February 2012: Solo Valentine Cruise Treat to Get Me to Gold! January 2011: 3 Week Ultimate Disney Vacation- WDW then 15 Night Disney Cruise Through Panama Canal then DL in California!May 2010: celebrating at WDW for graduating my MBA program! January 2010: 3rd Disney Cruise, 1st on the Magic, prefaced by New Years Eve in WDW! November 2009: Return to DL at Disney's Grand Californian Resort, May 2009: WDW Summer Kickoff, January 2009: 2nd Disney Cruise- Sisters Cruise 4 Night Wonder, March 2008: WDW Spring Break, February 2008: WDW ESPN Weekend with relatives, April 2007: WDW Spring Break, March 2006: WDW Spring Break, March 2004: Land & Sea Graduation Present 4 Night Wonder (1st Cruise!) and 3 Night WDW, April 2003: WDW Spring Break, November 2002: Florida College Road Trip, Stopover in WDW, June 2002: California College Road Trip, Stopover in Disneyland, November 2001: WDW Mom’s Birthday Celebration, April 2001: WDW Spring Break, October 2000: Millennium Celebration WDW, November 1996: 1st Trip WDW Hooked For Life, 2004-2007: MANY trips up to Disneyland, CA (including 50th Anniversary Happiest Celebration on Earth!) while in college at University of San Diego
WDW Princess 71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 10:15 AM   #9
sparklechicks
It's all about the Mouse!

My DH and I did the Champagne tasting on the Fantasy and I believe it was $25 each. Loved loved loved it! Then on the Dream we did the wine tasting and it cost $15. That was alot of fun too!
MNSSHP/Beach Club Sept 2011
Boardwalk/Disney Fantasy Western June 23, 2012
Disney Dream NYE Dec 28, 2012
Aulani Resort July 12, 2013
MNSSHP/Disney Fantasy Eastern October 19, 2013
proud DVC Member at BWV ....Everything is better with a Disney trip planned b/c It's Just Magical

sparklechicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 10:21 AM   #10
Msmit002
Family Concierge

Man, I wish they had a rum tasting...
Msmit002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 10:26 AM   #11
Jessica_of_FL
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW Princess 71 View Post
Mixology was an awesome value at $15 on my Fantasy cruise in January, met great people, got to go behind the bar to make drinks as strong as we liked, and it lasted an hour and a half! Great time.

I also did the cognac tasting on that cruise which was $20/pp. It was much more low-key than mixology but I also enjoyed it. It was at 10:00 PM so a nice way to unwind after dinner in the Cove Cafe and I really learned a lot about the differences in cognac tastes, age and pricing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklechicks View Post
My DH and I did the Champagne tasting on the Fantasy and I believe it was $25 each. Loved loved loved it! Then on the Dream we did the wine tasting and it cost $15. That was alot of fun too!
Thank you both for the info and reviews!

Cognac does sound like a nice wind down

The $15 wine tasting - was it listed as old world or new world? red or white?

SO. MANY. OPTIONS. goodness

Old 03-26-2013, 10:28 AM   #12
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklechicks View Post
The champagne tasting is $30 on the Fantasy (as of March 9th) & I really want to do it next time!!!

Old 03-26-2013, 10:28 AM   #13
Jessica_of_FL
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msmit002 View Post
I just read on a different site that the March 9th Fantasy sailing has Rum Tastings!! So your cruise might too!

Old 03-26-2013, 10:29 AM   #14
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club

Quote:
They do!

Old 03-26-2013, 10:32 AM   #15
jm106
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I totally agree with you

jm106 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: