DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2013, 10:12 AM   #1
kkolbusz1
Mouseketeer

So when am I supposed to get this executed contract? (from fidelity)

I got an email friday that was somewhat 'formal' that stated the 4 steps and that the signed contracts were in, the contract went to disney for rofr, attached I would find the executed contract for my records & what the next steps were bla bla bla. I emailed Sharon back & told her there was nothing attached & she said it would be coming. Okay, well I didn't get it friday or yesterday so I just sent her a quick email & she said, "not yet." Okay? Can I get somewhat more of a response? It said the signed executed contract was for my records. Does this not mean that either way I get a copy? Does it mean that I don't get a copy unless disney waives rofr? Does it mean that someone in the contracts dept is behind & just hasn't sent it out yet? Sure would be a little more helpful than, "not yet." Anyone else working with fidelity help me out?
kkolbusz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:43 AM   #2
PCMama
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkolbusz1
I got an email friday that was somewhat 'formal' that stated the 4 steps and that the signed contracts were in, the contract went to disney for rofr, attached I would find the executed contract for my records & what the next steps were bla bla bla. I emailed Sharon back & told her there was nothing attached & she said it would be coming. Okay, well I didn't get it friday or yesterday so I just sent her a quick email & she said, "not yet." Okay? Can I get somewhat more of a response? It said the signed executed contract was for my records. Does this not mean that either way I get a copy? Does it mean that I don't get a copy unless disney waives rofr? Does it mean that someone in the contracts dept is behind & just hasn't sent it out yet? Sure would be a little more helpful than, "not yet." Anyone else working with fidelity help me out?
I got a copy of the signed executed contract when they sent it for rofr after the sellers signed. Do you know if they signed? I found calling fidelity results in a much better response vice email.
PCMama is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-26-2013, 02:04 PM   #3
kkolbusz1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCMama View Post
I got a copy of the signed executed contract when they sent it for rofr after the sellers signed. Do you know if they signed? I found calling fidelity results in a much better response vice email.
They said it was signed & sent to rofr on the 20th
Old 03-26-2013, 04:27 PM   #4
PCMama
Mouseketeer

Quote:

They said it was signed & sent to rofr on the 20th
You should have gotten a copy of the contract. I would call the contacts person and ask her or call Sharon on the phone. Mine went out that week and I got a copy of the contract.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:47 PM   #5
Illini Al
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Ditto for me about 3 weeks ago. I got that same e-mail the OP got, but my contract was attached. Just waiting for the ROFR decision. Should be soon.
Illini Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 10:35 PM   #6
kkolbusz1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illini Al View Post
Ditto for me about 3 weeks ago. I got that same e-mail the OP got, but my contract was attached. Just waiting for the ROFR decision. Should be soon.
Apparently 1 of the contract coordinators is out & theres no one else that can send it. Huh
Old 03-26-2013, 11:13 PM   #7
PCMama
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Apparently 1 of the contract coordinators is out & theres no one else that can send it. Huh
Oh how weird. I know the one that sent it to me just got back from sick leave. That's so strange that no one else can send it.
Old 03-26-2013, 11:25 PM   #8
kkolbusz1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Oh how weird. I know the one that sent it to me just got back from sick leave. That's so strange that no one else can send it.
I know. It all sounds a bit fishy to me...
Old 03-27-2013, 12:26 AM   #9
PCMama
Mouseketeer

Quote:

You.could threaten to rescind if you're still in the 10 day period for the contract.
Old 03-27-2013, 05:12 AM   #10
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkolbusz1 View Post

It's not fishy, they aren't trying to pull one over on you. Evy sends all of Fidelity's contracts and if she was out, she may just be try to catch up. Call Sharon and see what the status of your contract is.
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/11 -- CR, 3/12 -- Windsor Hills, 10/12 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/13 -- BWV, 5/13 -- BLT, 10/13 -- YC CL, 5/14 -- BWV, 08/14 -- VGF/BLT, 12/14 -- BWV, 4/15 -- BLT, 10/15 -- BWV

Missyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:18 AM   #11
kkolbusz1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post
It's not fishy, they aren't trying to pull one over on you. Evy sends all of Fidelity's contracts and if she was out, she may just be try to catch up. Call Sharon and see what the status of your contract is.
I just don't see why someone can't send it. I don't know why there's only ONE person that handles everything contracts. I'm not throwing a fit or anything I just don't get why it wasn't attached with that email like it was supposed to. I'm assuming whomever sent that email was supposed to attach it with that. Everything still went thru to disney & it's in process to ROFR now.
Old 03-27-2013, 10:38 AM   #12
Thumper4me
Planning my next trip

At least yours went to ROFR in a reasonable time frame. I made an offer on March 13th and it was accepted. I was told there were short staffed so I didn't get the contracts until March 19th. As of this morning, March 27th, I was still waiting to find out if I had been sent to Disney for ROFR.

I found out after e-mailing Sharon that the seller still hadn't signed their paperwork! I e-mailed that I was going to cancel the contract if the seller doesn't execute by today - as it was written in the contract - today was the last day for the contract to be executed. Miraculously, the seller's paperwork showed up.

So, finally two weeks later I have finally been submitted to Disney for ROFR. I hope the rest of this sale goes more smoothly.

I do realize it is not Sharon's fault but I wonder if I had not e-mailed if things would have gotten done.
Thumper4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:51 AM   #13
kkolbusz1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper4me View Post
At least yours went to ROFR in a reasonable time frame. I made an offer on March 13th and it was accepted. I was told there were short staffed so I didn't get the contracts until March 19th. As of this morning, March 27th, I was still waiting to find out if I had been sent to Disney for ROFR.

I found out after e-mailing Sharon that the seller still hadn't signed their paperwork! I e-mailed that I was going to cancel the contract if the seller doesn't execute by today - as it was written in the contract - today was the last day for the contract to be executed. Miraculously, the seller's paperwork showed up.

So, finally two weeks later I have finally been submitted to Disney for ROFR. I hope the rest of this sale goes more smoothly.

I do realize it is not Sharon's fault but I wonder if I had not e-mailed if things would have gotten done.
they can't send anything to rofr until the seller gets everything in, I was waiting on that too, wondering, hello! why aren't they sending it in, we sent ours back w/in hours. hopefully we'll both get good news & hopefully they'll be quick to get final documents in! crossing my fingers for both of us!
Old 03-27-2013, 11:01 AM   #14
Thumper4me
Planning my next trip

kkolbusz1,

I hope you are right and everything goes well from here on out. Good luck getting through ROFR.

Kelly
Thumper4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 05:08 PM   #15
fmer55
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper4me View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkolbusz1 View Post
they can't send anything to rofr until the seller gets everything in, I was waiting on that too, wondering, hello! why aren't they sending it in, we sent ours back w/in hours. hopefully we'll both get good news & hopefully they'll be quick to get final documents in! crossing my fingers for both of us!
Everybody relax, and I would say take back half of your Fidelity bashing, not all,just half. Sellers are a fickled bunch, some people are selling because of hardship and do not want to let go of their DVC. Some people are upside down on a contract and are going to have to pay money also just to get rid of something they do not want. There are many reasons for sellers to drag their feet. They are not looking forward to having points and planning vacations like buyers are.

My contract passed ROFR on Feb 26th, closing docs received by myself and seller on Friday March 8th. I needed 2 days to deal with banking so my contracts were in title company's hands on March 13th. When I perused the closing documents I noticed that seller is in arrears on dues and owes money to Disney finance. He has still not sent his contracts back in and is claiming to be out of town until April 4th and then contracts will be executed. Who knows if this will happen, but it certainly is not Fidelity's fault.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: