Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2013, 08:26 AM   #1
Pixel Dust
It's a trap!

New Ride Idea for AK??

http://...angry-giraffe-frightens-vacationers-on-safari-in-jurassic-park-s/

Maybe Animal Kingdom could use more rides that liven things up a bit. Or just make Kilimanjaro Safaris more exciting.

Past: Food, friendship, flowers and a touch of the Force 05/2013 ; Happily Ever After Begins Here 10/2012 ; Peekaboo, I see Pluto! A 1st Birthday TR 3/2012 ; Boo to Two 10/2011 ; A Failure to Launch 10/2010

02/09-Mariott Imperial Palms, 10/10-Mystic Dunes, 10/11-CR, 03/12-Windsor Hills, 10/12-BCV/AKV, 01/13-BWV, 05/13-BLT, 10/13-YC, 05/14-BWV, 08/14-VGF, 12/14-BWV, 04/15-BLT

Nikon D600
Nikkor 24-120mm f/4 ED VR ; Nikkor 50mm f/1.4 G ; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 ; Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 ; Nikon SB-800 ; Manfrotto 055CXPRO4 Tripod

Last edited by Pixel Dust; 03-27-2013 at 07:32 AM.
Pixel Dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:21 AM   #2
Taramcc73
Earning My Ears

I agree...though some of their attractions/show like Flights of Wonder never get much attention and are really well done. But they were thinking of doing an Avatarland in AK and sounds like it may have gone away. I for one hope so...Avatarland is not exciting to me.
Taramcc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-26-2013, 09:32 AM   #3
DRDISNEYMD
*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+* *+*~The Snow Queen~*+* ~A girl should be two things: *+*~Classy & Fabulous~*+* +*+*~Coco Chanel~*+*+*+ *+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixel Dust View Post
Maybe Animal Kingdom could use more rides that liven things up a bit. Or just make Kilimanjaro Safaris more exciting.

http://...angry-giraffe-frightens-vacationers-on-safari-in-jurassic-park-s/
~Cool video, thanks for the link. It's funny, because the first time I rode the Kilimanjaro Safari there was a giraffe that was so close to our jeep, I could reach out & touch him or her, lol.

~Hopefully, Avatarland will offer some amazing attractions & breathe some new life into AK -- I'm looking forward to it!!!
Old 03-26-2013, 10:54 AM   #4
disneyworld1977
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRDISNEYMD View Post
~Hopefully, Avatarland will offer some amazing attractions & breathe some new life into AK -- I'm looking forward to it!!!
Quote:
But they were thinking of doing an Avatarland in AK and sounds like it may have gone away. I for one hope so...Avatarland is not exciting to me.
Well, I keep hearing its on again, so I dunno. I am so up and down about this. I know there could be some great attractions that could come from this, but AVATARLAND just doesn't jive with me for AK. If they use some things from the movie with the real focus on PANDORA, conservation, and the creatures/animals within and call maybe the Land of Pandora, I think it gives it more a of an animal/mythical creature (or whatever you want to call it) feel and I think I am better understanding of it. If they just call it "AVATARLAND", you get the feel of a "MOVIE" based land. And I don't like that part, not for AK, sounds like it would be over at HS if its a movie thing. Get my drift?
*DL* Offsite - 2000, 2003, 2005, 2011, SEPT 2013!! *WDW* Offsite - 80's , 90's ** POP CENTURY - 2004, 2009 ** CORONADO SPRINGS - 2008 ** PORT ORLEANS (Riverside) - 2011 ** ALL STAR MOVIES - 2012 ** FT. WILDERNESS CABINS DEC 2013
ME DW
disneyworld1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 12:25 PM   #5
Disco
Hail Eris!

I'll take a IJ land if Avatar doesn't make it. I guess it would be a little redundant to have a copy of the IJ ride from DL and Dinosuar in one park though. I'd still take it...
Disco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:55 PM   #6
DRDISNEYMD
*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+* *+*~The Snow Queen~*+* ~A girl should be two things: *+*~Classy & Fabulous~*+* +*+*~Coco Chanel~*+*+*+ *+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyworld1977 View Post
Well, I keep hearing its on again, so I dunno. I am so up and down about this. I know there could be some great attractions that could come from this, but AVATARLAND just doesn't jive with me for AK. If they use some things from the movie with the real focus on PANDORA, conservation, and the creatures/animals within and call maybe the Land of Pandora, I think it gives it more a of an animal/mythical creature (or whatever you want to call it) feel and I think I am better understanding of it. If they just call it "AVATARLAND", you get the feel of a "MOVIE" based land. And I don't like that part, not for AK, sounds like it would be over at HS if its a movie thing. Get my drift?
~Yes, I get your drift. Honestly, I'm not attached to the IP, I don't care what the IP is, something has to go there. Animal Kingdom needs something, more. What has me most excited is the powerful collaboration between James Cameron team & Disney's Imagineers, plus a half billion dollar budget to work with -- this could be epic. I'm really hoping for big things. I believe it will be the world of Pandora, I just like calling it Avatarland, lol. The Navi creatures are ugly, there I said it. Some people may struggle to identify with them -- for that reason alone. I think this is the main source of gripe as it pertains to Avatar in some circles. I'm positive Disney will adapt and interpret elements from the World of Pandora and incorporate it seamlessly to compliment the overall feel of AK -- they're not just going to paste blue aliens all over the place!

Also, it is my belief that the real Avatar fan base is grossly misrepresented on this board, for obvious reasons. The "Avatar blues" affected a lot of viewers, who desired to visit "Pandora" after the film.

~Audiences experience 'Avatar' blues
Quote:
(CNN) -- James Cameron's completely immersive spectacle "Avatar" may have been a little too real for some fans who say they have experienced depression and suicidal thoughts after seeing the film because they long to enjoy the beauty of the alien world Pandora.

On the fan forum site "Avatar Forums," a topic thread entitled "Ways to cope with the depression of the dream of Pandora being intangible," has received more than 1,000 posts from people experiencing depression and fans trying to help them cope. The topic became so popular last month that forum administrator Philippe Baghdassarian had to create a second thread so people could continue to post their confused feelings about the movie.
~I just want Disney to be bold with this venture and do the impossible, instead of playing it safe with spinners and clam-mobiles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco View Post
I'll take a IJ land if Avatar doesn't make it. I guess it would be a little redundant to have a copy of the IJ ride from DL and Dinosuar in one park though. I'd still take it...
~LOL. This is too funny! I'll take a Muppet Babies Safari Land!

Last edited by DRDISNEYMD; 03-27-2013 at 10:24 PM.
DRDISNEYMD is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: