Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2013, 07:56 AM   #1
PolyAddict
Our City Our Home...Finish Strong

Flying Fish

Any recent reviews? I would like to do one dinner at BW since we are staying there.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks
Old 03-26-2013, 07:58 AM   #2
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

We eat there every trip. Never had a problem. Great food and service. Last time we ate there was feb 23rd, it was my husband's pre race meal before the Princess Half. It was awesome. I had the cheese plate and the mussels for dinner, and he had the steak special. We shared the banana napoleon like dessert.

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
princessallegra is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-26-2013, 08:38 AM   #3
Masonmj84
DIS Veteran

We've eaten there twice within the past year or so (the most recent visit being last December).

Both times the food and service were excellent.

On the first visit, I had the snapper and on the second I had the snapper & NY strip combo. Both were really, really good (if paying OOP, I'd go with the snapper and if on a dining plan, I'd go with the combo).

We've eaten at most of the dining plan signatures and believe this is one of the best 3 or 4. For us, it's a must do.
Old 03-26-2013, 10:46 AM   #4
WDWFANCBIIIME
DIS Veteran

I just dined there 2 weeks ago Fantastic here is a link to my Flying Fish Review http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post47872165
WDWFANCBIIIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 12:09 PM   #5
Pakey

I'm not a rookie
I got 2 dogs. I joined the Dis.

I have dined there frequently, twice in 2012 with the most recent being Dec 26th. I think it's a nice family dining restaurant but not a place I would book for a special adult meal. For adults only staying at the Boardwalk, bluezoo is a much better place to have a fish/seafood dinner. It's only a 5 minute walk so not out of the question.

Flying Fish is fun and whimsical but it can be very noisy there. The tables along the windows are much better than the ones in the middle. The food is basic and most dishes are good. I don't care for the desserts at all but the cheese plate is the best on property outside of the one offered at V&A. Some of the entrees are good. I think the combo offered that is the steak and their signature snapper is very nice. The mussels and tuna tartare are both good appetizers.

We've had attentive service and we've had slow service. It has not been consistent. Even when very busy, we have not had to wait very much past our ADR time.

I think it's a great restaurant with children. It's already pretty noisy and the fun decor plus the open kitchen provide visual entertainment. Of the restaurants offered on Disney's dining plan, this ranks as one of my favorites.
Pakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 12:38 PM   #6
patclairesmom
Mouseketeer

Flying Fish is consistently very good with both the food and the service. I don't think you can miss.

patclairesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 01:22 PM   #7
frannn
please stop the madnesssss already & tag me
From the TF...someone pls call 911 for Frann, she held her breath until I tagged her and she apparently turned blue and fell down. :)

We love it

We found FF to have the best service we've experienced in WDW. Food is delicious as well. We tried this place for the first time after feeling like we needed a break from Narcooses and Brown Derby, and were not disappointed at all. I had the snapper both times we dined here. I had read about the combo on here and saw it on the Allears menu, but it was taken off the menu in Sept. The waitress said they offer it seasonally.
Old 03-26-2013, 06:08 PM   #8
PolyAddict
Our City Our Home...Finish Strong

thanks so much! It's booked
Old 03-26-2013, 06:17 PM   #9
Dano1182
DIS Veteran

We eat at flying fish every trip and i tis always very good.

There was a waiter there. I may be wrong but his name I think was Bob originaly from California. We wnet there when kids were about 3 and 5.
He was amazing he was able to engage out kids in such a way that we almost felt like we were out on our own.

He even went somew where and got french fies for my pickey son.
We went back for a few years and asked for him.

Last year he was not there. the food was still excellent and we had a
nice dinner.

The only proble was we had great difficulty understanding anything our waiter said. He was very nice and attentive but we had no idea what he was saying we laughe dwhen he did .But did not know why.

Going back next week.
Dano1182 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: