Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2013, 03:56 PM   #1
Earth Mama
Mouseketeer

Prices

The resort we were looking at for end of october just went up fifty bucks a night. Should I expect that trend to continue?

Last edited by Earth Mama; 03-27-2013 at 12:50 PM.
Earth Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:59 PM   #2
msjprincess
DIS Veteran

Which resort? Onsite hotels have a set price. Maybe it's a different category?
msjprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-26-2013, 05:25 PM   #3
Marionnette
Wishing On A Star
I stop in the middle and make others step over me while pretending not to understand English

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earth Mama View Post
The resort we were looking at for end of october just went up fifty bucks a night. Should I expect that rend to continue?
I'm guessing it is because the less expensive locations within the resort, such as standard views or non-preferred location, are no longer available. The actual rack rates for onsite rooms has not changed.

Marionnette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 05:29 PM   #4
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The resort we were looking at for end of october just went up fifty bucks a night. Should I expect that rend to continue?
As the others have said, once the rates come out, they don't change. It could be that the room type you were originally looking at is no longer available so you are seeing more expensive room categories that have availability for your dates.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 10:09 PM   #5
sndral
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Disney typically raises room prices 1 time a year usually effective Jan. 1. When pricing rooms it's easy to accidentally change something maybe changing your dates will add a more expensive weekend night. Maybe going a week later will put you into a more popular and thus more expensive season, maybe one time you priced it w/ fewer park days on your tickets. But I agree w/ others it sounds like you jumped a view category.
BTW, I assume what you are seeing is for rack rate because it's a bit early for fall discounts, but follow the discount threads here on DIS and when discounts come out grab what you want. Depending on where you stay discounts can range from 20-35% off the room's rack rate, which @ Disney's prices can really help the vacation budget. I would expect fall discounts to be out sometime this summer.
Old 03-27-2013, 12:50 PM   #6
Earth Mama
Mouseketeer

We were booking a Suite and 2 non-suites at Art of Animation.

If we book now and a discount comes out can we still get it?
Earth Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 01:00 PM   #7
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We were booking a Suite and 2 non-suites at Art of Animation.

If we book now and a discount comes out can we still get it?
You can add the discount if they have it available for your resort, but the LM rooms have been blacked out of nearly every discount since they opened. You will likely be paying rack rate for those 2 rooms.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: