Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-2013, 10:48 PM   #1
tinksgilrs251520
I want to be at WDW

Talking going to Disney with my BFF and my 2 girls and have a weird question!

Ok we are looking at our options for a girls only vacation and i am the Disney planner so my question is and this may sound weird but can i send a air mattress down for a additional bed my 2 daughters and myself and my best friend are going and just looking for alternative sleeping arrangement so my friend and I don't have to share a bed i know this may sound weird but i am asking anyways

tinksgilrs251520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 11:00 PM   #2
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

so you are sending down 2 more beds?

you can do it - but not with a value resort - too small.

think only the CBR has enough room for 2 air beds - unless you are including OKW.

don't know about regular wdw hotels - but with DVC (OKW) you would have to probably the sheets, pillows, etc for the bed

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-25-2013, 11:01 PM   #3
kkmauch
"Kindly do not attempt to cloud the issue with facts!"

I totally get this. I hate being in this spot when I go with my friend and her girls. Heres the deal. You can send an air mattress down. Depending on your resort you can request a roll-away cot, and if at POR in Alligator Bayou you can get a room with a murphy bed pull down. No joke, to avoid this my friend slept sideways on her bed with her two girls (age 4 and 5) for four nights. We didn't think to do the air mattress or the cot and we were booked in POFQ.

Upcoming trips: October 2014 SSR
Recent trips: Aug 2013 CBR - Sep 2013 POR - Nov 2013 Pop - Mar 2013 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean - May 2012 SSR-THV - Nov 2011 OKW GV and Disney Dream - Sep 2011 AS-Sports - Dec 2010 SSR - Oct 2009 POFQ
displansforyou.com - facebook.com/displansforyou
kkmauch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 11:07 PM   #4
tinksgilrs251520
I want to be at WDW

we would like to stay at the AoA , I work at a hotel up here in Michigan and our rooms are a little bit smaller and we can fit a rollaway in it its a tight squeeze but i think we can do it. it would only be one mattress and we can inflate and deflate and i would send down a sheet set with it just wondering if its sounds weird to anyone

tinksgilrs251520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 12:49 AM   #5
deakam
DIS Veteran

We take a twin size single height blow up mattress with us every time we go. We have stayed at POP and it fit but was tight. POFQ was plenty big enough. We have always just carried it on the plane with the pump. When we get up and moving we stand it up on the wall and it is out of the way. Toss a sheet in the suitcase. POFQ has an extra pillow and you can get an extra blanket from housekeeping. I have a 16 year old and a 23 year old and they will not sleep in the same bed. We take the blow up everywhere.
deakam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 01:19 AM   #6
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinksgilrs251520 View Post
we would like to stay at the AoA , I work at a hotel up here in Michigan and our rooms are a little bit smaller and we can fit a rollaway in it its a tight squeeze but i think we can do it. it would only be one mattress and we can inflate and deflate and i would send down a sheet set with it just wondering if its sounds weird to anyone
one twin yes you can do that - thinking full or even queen beds.

pop you can't move the beds - don't know about AOA.

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 06:10 PM   #7
Best Aunt
"That's the best-est present ever!"

just a suggestion

If it were me, I would change the title of the thread to:
Will a twin air mattress fit at AOA?

That way, people who know the answer to your specific question might chime in.

Can you ship something to yourself at a Disney hotel? Yes.

Do people use air mattresses in their rooms? Yes.

Will a twin size air mattress fit in the rooms at AOA? I have no idea.

Best Aunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 06:41 PM   #8
Tink415
DIS Veteran

Its not weird. Plenty of times beds can't be shared by the people staying in the room for whatever reason. I've done the 3 in a bed with my 2 DDs sleeping sideways and its not comfy!

We've take a aerobed on any trip where beds can't be shared, e.g. DDs boyfriend coming along. Bring it in its sack as a carry on along with a set of sheets. Only once (at LaGuardia airport) did it have to be removed from the sack and inspected! We ask for an extra blanket and pillow at the hotel.

I haven't used an air mattress at AoA or stayed there, but from looking at pictures a twin should definitely fit if you move the table and chairs around or put it at the foot of one of the beds and be careful walking around.
Tink415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 06:47 PM   #9
tmanaster
Mouseketeer

Not sure about AoA but we did use a full air mattress in a room at All Star Movies when cousins came to Disney with my kids and one was a bed wetter

I think the rooms are pretty much the same size at AoA?
Visit us at www.roadtriptheworld.com

Many DW visits as a child First Family Trip POR 2005 AS Movies 2006
ASMu/Fort Wilderness Cabins 2008 Pop Century 2010
Disney Princess Half Marathon~ Mom and Daughter trip! POR February 2011
Disney Princess Half Marathon Mom and Daughter trip! All Star Sports 2013
tmanaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:16 PM   #10
cruise cruise cruise
Either way we will have FUN!
All my info comes only from what I have learned on this board

Im sorry, have not stayed at AOA so cant specifically reply to your AOA questions.
but wanted to say we take a twin sized air mattress and pump to CBR and every other hotel we visit as a family as my kids wont share a bed. If you are willing to be flexible at night, you can get a mattress to fit in most all rooms, however in some rooms, if anyone needs to get up and move around during the night it might be an issue.
We pack the mattress in our suitcase and request extra sheet and blanket once we get there.
cruise cruise cruise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 12:52 AM   #11
iheartdisney
DIS Veteran

We fit two air mattresses on the floor at ASMovies in '08.
DS was still an occasional bed-wetter, as well as a ferocious kicker.
One went between the two double beds (we pushed the far bed all the way against the wall), and the other went on the wall, kind of between the TV cabinet and the bathroom. Then during the day we stood the air mattresses up against the wall.
Old 03-27-2013, 11:20 AM   #12
Sue M
DIS Veteran

I would consider a moderate, you'd have more room, for yourselves and an air mattress, so your not falling over each other, ESP in the middle of the night for bathroom. Another benefit is with 4 in a room, the POR resorts and CBR have double sinks.

As others mentioned, at POR in the AB section they have pull down Murphy beds, eliminating the need for a blow up mattress. One child can use that, and the other share your bed. They are queens.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 20-Sept 3 2014 GF & GF CL
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 12:44 PM   #13
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinksgilrs251520 View Post
If you stay at one of the Suites at AoA, there will be three beds. Also, it looks like there would be room for an inflatable bed. Here is a link to the floor plan for the Suites: http://www.wdwmagic.com/resorts/disn...lans/15613.htm

If you are intending to stay in the LM section, then it would be a regular value room, like Pop. Space is tight, but you could put a twin sized air mattress in the room.

Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: