Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-2013, 10:00 PM   #1
Sunshinelover
Earning My Ears

How do I find out my port arrival time?

It seems like a lot of people on here know their port arrival time way in advance. This is our first cruise so I'm a total newbie. Sailing on the Dream May 5th. Online it lets me reserve excursions and we were recently assigned a stateroom. But the port arrival time says it's locked? When does that generally become available? Thanks!
Sunshinelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:06 PM   #2
Texas Disney Fan
DIS Veteran

You have to complete the online check in process. At the end of it, it will let you choose a port arrival time.
June 2004 * Wilderness Lodge (sons first visit) --- June 2005 * Wilderness Lodge --- June 2006 * Beach Club Resort --- November 2006 * Beach Club Resort --- May/June 2007 * Yacht Club --- June 2008 Land & Sea * Animal Kingdom Lodge, Polynesian and Disney Wonder 3 nights --- December 5, 2008 * Beach Club Resort --- ]une 13, 2009 * Disney Magic 7 nights --- June 4 to 18, 2010 * Bay Lake Towers --- June 12 to 17, 2011 * Disney Dream --- December 16-20, 2011 * Bay Lake Towers --- May 31 to June 11 2012 * Aulani --- February 1-5, 2013 * Disney Magic --- June 15, 2013 * Disney Fantasy 7 night Eastern Caribbean
Looking forward to many more with DH (dbenlee) and DS14!!
Texas Disney Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-25-2013, 10:08 PM   #3
neg58
DIS Veteran

If you are PIF, which you should be now, you can select a PAT. You need to have completed the registration, especially the part where you either say you will pay in cash or enter a credit card number. I skipped that when doing my first registration and therefore couldn't get a PAT. Once you do that, it should unlock the PAT window.

Nancy
neg58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:26 PM   #4
Sunshinelover
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by neg58 View Post
If you are PIF, which you should be now, you can select a PAT. You need to have completed the registration, especially the part where you either say you will pay in cash or enter a credit card number. I skipped that when doing my first registration and therefore couldn't get a PAT. Once you do that, it should unlock the PAT window.

Nancy
Yes, I skipped the credit card/cash question. Figured I'd deal with that later. Had no idea that was linked to my PAT. I filled out most of the other things quite awhile ago so now I feel like a dummy. Thanks so much! Since I've waited so long will we get a late PAT? I specifically chose a rental car over the DCL bus because I heard it got into port pretty late.
Sunshinelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:29 PM   #5
wilkeliza
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshinelover View Post
Yes, I skipped the credit card/cash question. Figured I'd deal with that later. Had no idea that was linked to my PAT. I filled out most of the other things quite awhile ago so now I feel like a dummy. Thanks so much!

Just realized you said you are not using Disney buses but will keep my response up for others who might be using it and stumble upon this thread.

Are you using Disney transfers? I just got off a Dream cruise and although our PAT was 1:30 we arrived so early on our Disney transfer that they just let us on. The CM we talked to said Disney transfer guests are allowed to check in and board when their number is called because you came on their transportation they don't want you to wait. It worked in our favor because we got on the ship 2 hours early and had lots of time to have lunch and hang out before the state rooms were released to guests.
wilkeliza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 11:20 PM   #6
neg58
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes, I skipped the credit card/cash question. Figured I'd deal with that later. Had no idea that was linked to my PAT. I filled out most of the other things quite awhile ago so now I feel like a dummy. Thanks so much! Since I've waited so long will we get a late PAT? I specifically chose a rental car over the DCL bus because I heard it got into port pretty late.
I think I got a PAT of 12:30, which was rather perfect. We did wait in the check in line for about 15 or 20 minutes, but by then it was open boarding so got right on. For our second cruise we had, I think, the third boarding window and our boarding group was 10. No big deal, I think we were on within 30 minutes of the 1st group being called.

Don't let it bother you. You'll get on in plenty of time for lunch, for all the afternoon tours, before they open your state room. Relax you are on vacation.

Nancy
neg58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:31 AM   #7
lanejudy

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
I specifically chose a rental car over the DCL bus because I heard it got into port pretty late.
That depends on whether you are coming from MCO or WDW. Buses run almost continuously every 20 minutes or so (maybe less) starting around 9:30am from MCO. From WDW, DCL transfers will pick up at the resorts generally between 11:30 - 12:30, with arrival at port around 12:30/1:00pm and it's usually open boarding by then so no wait once you check-in at the terminal. PAT won't matter if using DCL transfers (from either MCO or WDW) though your boarding number will be tied to your PAT so a late PAT and arriving early from MCO might mean a bit of a wait in the terminal before boarding.
lanejudy is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: