Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-25-2013, 09:31 PM   #1
Sunshinelover
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 11

Newbie question regarding check in\out at CBR

Hi,

We plan to spend a few days at WDW before we leave on our cruise on The Dream in May. Never stayed at any of the Disney resorts before. We were originally planning to fly in on a Thurs night with the plan to do the parks on Fri and Sat. Now it looks like we'll be flying in late Wed night (11 pm!). Not wanting to spend the extra $ to add another night at CBR when we'll be getting in so late anyway. We will have a car rental so not concerned with the magical express or luggage service.

If we just stay at a cheap hotel near MCO, are we able to drive over CBR on Thurs morning, check in and then spend the day at the pools, beach area etc even though our room won't be ready until that afternoon? Not too worried about our luggage since we'll have a car but is there somewhere to change into swimsuits? I just want to make sure we'll have access to the resorts amenities before the official check in time.

Also we plan to drive to the port late Sat night and stay there before our cruise leaves on Sun. We do still plan to do the parks on Sat but since we'll be considered resort guests just Thurs and Fri nights at CBR are we able to take advantage of free parking at the parks on Sat still and /or shuttle service that day? Or does that stop right after the 11 am checkout time.

Sorry, if this was confusing. I'm going crazy trying to plan all this out along with a FL road trip right after our cruise. Thanks in advance. Oh also my daughter has a BBB appt at DTD on Fri afternoon. Feasible to do a park that morning then leave for the appt and come back to the park? Would getting to our car be a huge process? Easier to take the shuttles?
Sunshinelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:32 PM   #2
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples
 
DebbieB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: PA
Posts: 46,967

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshinelover View Post
Hi,

We plan to spend a few days at WDW before we leave on our cruise on The Dream in May. Never stayed at any of the Disney resorts before. We were originally planning to fly in on a Thurs night with the plan to do the parks on Fri and Sat. Now it looks like we'll be flying in late Wed night (11 pm!). Not wanting to spend the extra $ to add another night at CBR when we'll be getting in so late anyway. We will have a car rental so not concerned with the magical express or luggage service.

If we just stay at a cheap hotel near MCO, are we able to drive over CBR on Thurs morning, check in and then spend the day at the pools, beach area etc even though our room won't be ready until that afternoon? Not too worried about our luggage since we'll have a car but is there somewhere to change into swimsuits? I just want to make sure we'll have access to the resorts amenities before the official check in time.

Also we plan to drive to the port late Sat night and stay there before our cruise leaves on Sun. We do still plan to do the parks on Sat but since we'll be considered resort guests just Thurs and Fri nights at CBR are we able to take advantage of free parking at the parks on Sat still and /or shuttle service that day? Or does that stop right after the 11 am checkout time.

Sorry, if this was confusing. I'm going crazy trying to plan all this out along with a FL road trip right after our cruise. Thanks in advance. Oh also my daughter has a BBB appt at DTD on Fri afternoon. Feasible to do a park that morning then leave for the appt and come back to the park? Would getting to our car be a huge process? Easier to take the shuttles?
Your WDW resort priviledges are good until midnight of checkout day.
__________________
DebbieB is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-26-2013, 01:30 AM   #3
samacita
Mouseketeer
 
samacita's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 356

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieB View Post

Your WDW resort priviledges are good until midnight of checkout day.
Which technically means the very start of the day. They should say 11:59 pm to avoid confusion. Some of us are very attentive to detail, and 12 am on checkout date is really not what they mean... (I hope.)
samacita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 06:29 AM   #4
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples
 
DebbieB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: PA
Posts: 46,967

Quote:
Originally Posted by samacita View Post
Which technically means the very start of the day. They should say 11:59 pm to avoid confusion. Some of us are very attentive to detail, and 12 am on checkout date is really not what they mean... (I hope.)
I don't think they even give a time, it's just end of day. My mistake.
__________________
DebbieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:12 AM   #5
cruise cruise cruise
Either way we will have FUN!
All my info comes only from what I have learned on this board
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,310

When you arrive at CBR on Thursday morning you will be able to check in, but may not be able to have a room assigned to you at that time. You will then be able to utilize all amenities of being an onsite guest--pools, buses, etc. If you are not given a room in the morning, the resort will phone or text you with your room number when it is available.
There are changing/shower rooms at the pool.
Bell service will hold your luggage if you do not want to leave it in your car.
cruise cruise cruise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:28 AM   #6
lanejudy
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 4,799
DISboards Moderator

You can check-in at your WDW resort as early at 6:30am (possibly 6am, not sure). Once you are checked-in, you may use the amenties at your resort and that does include changing rooms for the pool. Bell services will hold your luggage if you'd prefer.

Check-out time is 11am but you are considered a resort guest through the end of the day. So yes you can still park for free at the parks.

As for the BBB appt at DTD...I haven't done that, but yes depending on what time the appt is you can do a park, leave for DTD, and return to the same park (different park if you have hopper tickets). You might want to drive as there is no direct bus service between DTD and the parks, but you could go via a close resort (i.e., if at MK walk to Contemporary and take bus to DTD).

Enjoy your land/sea vacation!
lanejudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:18 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.