Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-2013, 08:53 PM   #1
jm106
DIS Veteran

On board Activity details in Navigators/

Looking at Navigators for our upcoming trip, do you get details as to what each activity is(manily kids) and cost, sign up details? I see activities listed as a time table but thought there was more specific info for kids activities(ages, description?) Maybe its just the navigator copy I saw(was missing some days.) We are on Wonder Cozumel/CC 5 night.
Thanks for any help

7 days Hilton May 2009, 6 days CBR May 2011, 9 days ASMusic/AKL August 2012, Disney Wonder 5 nt Cozumel/Castaway Cay April 2013, 7 day Wyndahm Property October 2014
jm106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:49 PM   #2
lovedmy1stcuise
Earning My Ears

there are not cost for any kids activity in kids club or sign up required. You just choose an activity your child wants to participate and take them to the club the activity is in at that time. Most of the activity just listed as a name and time, only a few have a description separate from the time table under Youth Activity column.
lovedmy1stcuise is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-25-2013, 11:09 PM   #3
su_A_ve
DIS Veteran

All activities are detailed in the navigator by age group:

Young Adults
Adults
Family
Oceaneers Club
Oceaneers Lab
Edge
Vibe
Outdoors Club (I believe that's what's called - for 8-14)
'13 (POR), '13 (3n Magic)

°(((=((===°°°(((===========================================
su_A_ve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 05:56 AM   #4
jm106
DIS Veteran

Thanks, I hoped to find out what each kids activities is but I guess that isnt avalable. (Things like I have no idea what friendship rocks prep is or marshmallow olympics, 4 square and so on?)
I know kids activities are free but not sure about adults, I understand the drink tasting is a charge but there is an acupuncture seminnar for example or yoga on the beach. Are thrse things I need to show up for or sign up for?

The copy I was for our trip does not have the first page that lists ages by group. I wasnt sure what outdoors club was, thanks for that info.

7 days Hilton May 2009, 6 days CBR May 2011, 9 days ASMusic/AKL August 2012, Disney Wonder 5 nt Cozumel/Castaway Cay April 2013, 7 day Wyndahm Property October 2014
Old 03-26-2013, 06:00 AM   #5
hkriw
Mouseketeer

They will usually highlight a few activities but correct- not all of them. Many of them are obvious- Do Si Do with Snow White, Storytime with Belle, Slide time etc.
If it does not interest your child- there are other activities going on-just not as organized/formal within the same club.
Old 03-26-2013, 07:34 AM   #6
lanejudy

DISboards Moderator

As mentioned, the kids activities in the clubs are free. Generally, if it's listed under the Oceaneers Club it is an activity geared toward 3-7 yr olds, Oceaneer Lab is 8-12. But those ages are just suggestions and not enforced as all kids 3-12 can participate at both the Club and Lab. If you want to know more about an activity you see on a Navigator, feel free to ask the Club/Lab CMs. But as a PP said, kids do not have to participate in the activity being offered, there are other things to do at the same time if they so choose.

For adult activities, most are also free. For the few (like tastings, etc.) they will have the notation "Pre Book/Nom Fee" included with the activity name on the Navigator.
lanejudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:40 AM   #7
jm106
DIS Veteran

Yes, thanks, I know they dont have to participate, just wanted to look over navigator, check out what they might really want to do and what they might want to pass for family activity instead. NBD, just wondered if the missing pages from the navigators I saw had that info as well.

Old 03-26-2013, 09:11 AM   #8
lovedmy1stcuise
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm106 View Post
Thanks, I hoped to find out what each kids activities is but I guess that isnt avalable. (Things like I have no idea what friendship rocks prep is or marshmallow olympics, 4 square and so on?)
I know kids activities are free but not sure about adults, I understand the drink tasting is a charge but there is an acupuncture seminnar for example or yoga on the beach. Are thrse things I need to show up for or sign up for?

The copy I was for our trip does not have the first page that lists ages by group. I wasnt sure what outdoors club was, thanks for that info.
Friendship Rocks prep is when kids get together to learn a song and a few dance moves and get their T-shirts, they separate kids to club and lab themselves by age group 3-7 and 7+ and give them different color t-shirts. Then they walk over to the Theater as a group wearing their t-shirts for a performance on stage for everyone to see with Mickey & Minnie as well. After the show is over they go back to the club/lab as a group and you can pick them up from there, or give them some time as that's the time when they sign each other t-shirts.

Marshmallow Olympics when they play games with marshmallow. Throwing them through the hoop, trying to make into the bucket, etc. Don't think my son went to 4 squares so have no clue what it is.

Also the last night is Pluto PJ party, that's when they get Disney Cruise Line pillow case.

We just went on the Wonder at the end of February, but Grand Cayman/ Cozumel. Let me know if you have specific questions, I had one child in the lab, he didn't like club as it is more for younger kids and one at edge.
lovedmy1stcuise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:26 AM   #9
jm106
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovedmy1stcuise View Post
Friendship Rocks prep is when kids get together to learn a song and a few dance moves and get their T-shirts, they separate kids to club and lab themselves by age group 3-7 and 7+ and give them different color t-shirts. Then they walk over to the Theater as a group wearing their t-shirts for a performance on stage for everyone to see with Mickey & Minnie as well. After the show is over they go back to the club/lab as a group and you can pick them up from there, or give them some time as that's the time when they sign each other t-shirts.

Marshmallow Olympics when they play games with marshmallow. Throwing them through the hoop, trying to make into the bucket, etc. Don't think my son went to 4 squares so have no clue what it is.

Also the last night is Pluto PJ party, that's when they get Disney Cruise Line pillow case.

We just went on the Wonder at the end of February, but Grand Cayman/ Cozumel. Let me know if you have specific questions, I had one child in the lab, he didn't like club as it is more for younger kids and one at edge.
Thank you! Helpful info. I have a 7 1/2 year old and almost 5 so I guess some activities they will seperate more.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: