Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2013, 01:50 PM   #91
iheartdisney
DIS Veteran

i was watching last night and the thought occured to me that i hadn't seen this season's thread on the DIS yet! Then i realized that since I'm currently in trip-planning mode I haven't been down to the Community board in awhile! You guys are on top of it!
Add me to the list of LOVING Shakira!!! She just has such a positive energy about here. There is no comparison to Xtina.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lillygator View Post
I don't really care for Shakira...she does look like a fish out of water, and very unsure of what to say.
I see that more as a language thing. Many of my friends for whom English is not their first language take a minute to come up with the right words.
Old 04-09-2013, 03:51 PM   #92
CaliBear
DIS Veteran

I think Shakira's doing a great job AND I'm a Xtina fan.

I had no opinion of Usher going in, but I'm really enjoying him too. What a charmer!
Resort stays: DLR Grand Californian Jan 2011, HKDL Hollywood Hotel July 2011, WDW Wilderness Lodge Jan 2012, DLR Paradise Pier and MNSSHP Oct 2012, AKL Jan 2013, HKDL Hotel and Halloween party Oct 2013

2014 Book Challenge 1/30 read
1. David and Goliath 2. The Eye of the World 3. A Firing Offense 4. Fire from Heaven 5. The Gordonston Ladies Dog Walking Club 6. Orphan Train 7. A Most Peculiar Malaysian Murder 8. The Rosie Project 9. The New Centurions 10. The Black Echo 11. The Hall of Elders Crossing 12. Secrets of the Tudor Court

Currently reading: Al Capp: A Life to the Contrary by Denis Kitchen and Michael Schumacher
CaliBear is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-09-2013, 08:06 PM   #93
Cogswel_Cogs
DIS Veteran

Kids wtch both this and idol, but they like this so much more.
Old 04-09-2013, 08:10 PM   #94
bananasplitkids
Mouseketeer

Usher seems like he will be a tough couch but I also see this as great potential for the members on his team. Since he is getting older and performing winding down I can definitely see him moving into the arena of producing the next stars ie. "Justin beiber"
bananasplitkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:23 PM   #95
happygirl
DIS Veteran

I thought the black lady who sang the Dixie Chick is amazing, the best snger so far
happygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:31 PM   #96
Rhody Red
Counting Down To September!

I've been a fan of The Voice since the beginning, and I never have cared for Christina. Scratch that---I loved her when she first debuted with "Genie In A Bottle", but after that she went downhill.

So, when I heard that she was taking some time off from the Show and that Shakira would be coming in to keep her seat warm, I was thrilled. I adore Shakira, and I love just hearing her talk! I honestly hope that the Producers just decide to keep her around permanently.

As for Usher---meh. We'll see. I still remember him as that Kid on "Star Search" ages ago. Maybe he'll grow on me, but I miss Cee-Lo. He's such a Teddy Bear.

Lots of great Contestants this Season. It's going to be so hard for me to pick a favorite!
Old 04-09-2013, 09:25 PM   #97
TLSnell1981

Sense isn't very common anymore
I can't wait for T shirts and cover ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by happygirl View Post
I thought the black lady who sang the Dixie Chick is amazing, the best snger so far
That would be...
Quote:
Sasha Allen, who has sung backup for Alicia Keys, John Legend and Christina Aguilera..
Old 04-09-2013, 09:46 PM   #98
fairestoneofall
DIS Veteran

i really love the new, IMPROVED judging panel. they seem to get along really well. none of them are snarky and nasty like X-tina was. as far as i'm concerned, they can replace her permanently with Shakira.

i don't mind Cee-lo, but he could be inappropriate and creepy. Usher flirting seems much less slimy.

*DL Dumbo Double Dare-August 2014*POR January 2014*POP-October 2013*CR-December 2011--DD's 10th birthday trip!*POP-June 2010*Ft. Wilderness Cabin-September 2009*CSR/GF-Thanksgiving 2008*Caribbean Beach-August 2007: 10th Anniversary Trip*Shades of Green-November 2006*Port Orleans/All Star Movies-February 2005*yearly growing up, but never on site (generally the Knights Inn)
fairestoneofall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:54 PM   #99
TLSnell1981

Sense isn't very common anymore
I can't wait for T shirts and cover ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairestoneofall View Post
i really love the new, IMPROVED judging panel. they seem to get along really well. none of them are snarky and nasty like X-tina was. as far as i'm concerned, they can replace her permanently with Shakira.

i don't mind Cee-lo, but he could be inappropriate and creepy. Usher flirting seems much less slimy.
I agree, I really like Shakira and Usher. Of course, I liked them, before The Voice too.
Old 04-10-2013, 06:54 AM   #100
NaLisa
DIS Veteran

I thought Sasha Allen was awesome. What a great song choice and she really pulled it off. I love it when an artist comes out and does a song that's not their normal genre and pulls it off. I loved the guy who did "I'm Sexy and I Know It" too.

Jessica Childress was my favorite from last night. I think she gave an electric performance and all four judges would've turned their chairs if they could. Loved the song choice too (I'd never heard it before but now want to listen to more Bruno Mars.)

Looking forward to the battle rounds!
Old 04-10-2013, 06:59 AM   #101
castleview
I'm on my 103rd attempt to grown my bangs out
I'm too impatient with the skillet

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliBear View Post
I think Shakira's doing a great job AND I'm a Xtina fan.

I had no opinion of Usher going in, but I'm really enjoying him too. What a charmer!
Agreed! Shakira is turning out to be quite a sweetheart. As much as I like Christina, she got pretty nasty toward the end. And Usher is sooo cool!

I thought the show ended perfectly last night.
castleview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 08:03 AM   #102
happygirl
DIS Veteran

IT seems like Adam got more country singers then Blake did
happygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 12:49 PM   #103
Robinrs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLSnell1981 View Post
That would be...
Oh COME ON, she should only be known as the "black lady who sang the Dixie Chick"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairestoneofall View Post

Funny I had to explain Cee Lo to my son last night since this is the first year he's watched it (DROOLING over Shakira ). I told him the same thing, he always gave me the impression he was getting little extras from the female members of his team , MOSTLY because we all know he would get NO PLAY if he wasn't a star... Sorry Cee Lo, but you do look like a turtle without a shell.

Loooove the new team, and really love how they showed that the newbies can be TOUGH. Look forward to the battle rounds, I already think I know who will be massacred!

Robinrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 01:02 PM   #104
luvmy3
When I drink I find its easier to watch my children because I see all 3 of them double, so all 6 of them of them take all my attention

Sasha was definitely my favorite of the night. Unfortunately Adam has a really strong team so now that means there will be a lot of really good singers going home. I hope whoever Sasha is up against has a bad night (I'm kidding, I just would like to see her stay).

How does the steal work, I forget.
luvmy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 01:15 PM   #105
StephMK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaLisa View Post

Jessica Childress was my favorite from last night. I think she gave an electric performance and all four judges would've turned their chairs if they could. Loved the song choice too (I'd never heard it before but now want to listen to more Bruno Mars.)

Looking forward to the battle rounds!
LOVED her, so darn cute! I felt bad for the last few singers since they only had a few judges left who could pick. It would stink to be one of the last auditions! I feel like they were much less picky at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinrs View Post
:, MOSTLY because we all know he would get NO PLAY if he wasn't a star... Sorry Cee Lo, but you do look like a turtle without a shell.

Loooove the new team, and really love how they showed that the newbies can be TOUGH. Look forward to the battle rounds, I already think I know who will be massacred!
He's funny but you are so right!! I love how the new judges seem really tough, yikes!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: