Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-19-2013, 11:12 AM   #211
TLSnell1981

Sense isn't very common anymore
I can't wait for T shirts and cover ups
 
TLSnell1981's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 11,230

Well, I could've picked the "winner", during auditions. Don't know, if I will waste my time next season. I'm very disappointed.
TLSnell1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 11:15 AM   #212
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one
 
declansdad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: New Brunswick, Canada
Posts: 21,030

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLSnell1981 View Post
Well, I could've picked the "winner", during auditions. Don't know, if I will waste my time next season. I'm very disappointed.

While she wasn't my choice for the winner, I thought it was great season. Too bad Christina is back for the next season. I like Ce-lo but I really enjoyed Shakira and Usher.
__________________
Darcy
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr




declansdad is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-19-2013, 11:21 AM   #213
happygirl
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 18,180

I'm happy she won!!! I think she has a big future ahead of her. I bet there will be no living with Blake LOL LOL
happygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 11:34 AM   #214
Luv'sTink
DIS Veteran
 
Luv'sTink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: WA. & Vancouver, BC
Posts: 5,356

If you closed your eyes and listened to them sing, you know like on the radio or a MP3 player, Danielle's voice was the strongest voice. I did not care for Michelle, I have no idea what the hoopla was for her, yuck! The Swon brothers were good, like others have said I never expected them to get as far as they did.

I think Danielle will be amazing as she matures. As for stage present, don't ever go to a George Strait concert, the man just stands there and sings but I loved him anyway!
__________________
Me DH DS
POFQ Christmas 2006 & 2008!
I am not one of the DIS's "perfect" parents ..I'm just a Mom who loves her son
Luv'sTink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 11:40 AM   #215
Katy Belle
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 3,738

I loved Michelle. I'm happy she got 2nd place! If you just listened, she had a very pretty voice! And I think the way Usher worked with her was awesome!

I do think Danielle had the best voice and deserved the title.

Swon Brothers ... they are ok, but I'm shocked they made it to 3rd! Just not my favorites. BUT...I did think they did a great job last week.

I'm super sad that Shikira and Usher won't be there next season!!!!
__________________
Katy Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 11:42 AM   #216
happygirl
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 18,180

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katy Belle View Post
I loved Michelle. I'm happy she got 2nd place! If you just listened, she had a very pretty voice! And I think the way Usher worked with her was awesome!

I do think Danielle had the best voice and deserved the title.

Swon Brothers ... they are ok, but I'm shocked they made it to 3rd! Just not my favorites. BUT...I did think they did a great job last week.

I'm super sad that Shikira and Usher won't be there next season!!!!
I believe I have read they will be back the following season.
happygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 11:48 AM   #217
ceemys
DIS Veteran
 
ceemys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,415

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv'sTink View Post
If you closed your eyes and listened to them sing, you know like on the radio or a MP3 player, Danielle's voice was the strongest voice. I did not care for Michelle, I have no idea what the hoopla was for her, yuck! The Swon brothers were good, like others have said I never expected them to get as far as they did.

I think Danielle will be amazing as she matures. As for stage present, don't ever go to a George Strait concert, the man just stands there and sings but I loved him anyway!
That is exactly how I buy music. I don't watch the show, I listen. I would not buy music from Michelle nor Danielle, but I do like the sound of the Swon brothers. They have grown a lot during the season. Danielle did have a better voice over Michelle.

As for George Straight....I totally agree! Awesome singer, but the most boring concert I ever went to. lol
__________________
DF Joe cool Mama (me) Christine DD (15y/o) DD (6y/o)



ceemys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 11:53 AM   #218
happygirl
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 18,180

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceemys View Post
That is exactly how I buy music. I don't watch the show, I listen. I would not buy music from Michelle nor Danielle, but I do like the sound of the Swon brothers. They have grown a lot during the season. Danielle did have a better voice over Michelle.

As for George Straight....I totally agree! Awesome singer, but the most boring concert I ever went to. lol
I can;t image thinking George Straight could be boring
happygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 12:11 PM   #219
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas
 
RachelTori's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Georgia & SSR
Posts: 13,398

Quote:
Originally Posted by happygirl View Post
I believe I have read they will be back the following season.
That's the official word! Shakira wants to spend time with her baby; and both she & Usher have other projects they will be working on in the next several months -- then they will be back!

This was the first season I watched. I was disappointed The Swon Brothers got 3rd place, but I think the show gave their career a huge boost so that's something to celebrate!

Cher's plastic surgeons have done a great job! She doesn't have that "too many procedures" look that so many of the celebrities end up with! It was very obvious she was lip-synching, but I think after this many years she's earned that right!
__________________
LOR-uh



RachelTori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 12:45 PM   #220
SLP958
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,212

My only complaint with this season was that Michelle stayed so long. I was so tired of those strange glasses and squat/stomping dance moves.

Ready for next time!
SLP958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 12:46 PM   #221
FLCyndi
Mouseketeer
 
FLCyndi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Panhandle, FL
Posts: 368

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaucoup View Post
Cher -hmmmm - may be a bit too old for this. Wasn't feeling it like past come backs. She seemed stiff & out of breathe at end.
And what dear god was she wearing from the waist down?
FLCyndi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 01:39 PM   #222
Allison
- Join date March 2004 -
 
Allison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 12,079

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLCyndi View Post
And what dear god was she wearing from the waist down?
I couldn't figure that out either.
__________________
LIFE IS GOOD
Allison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 12:05 AM   #223
beaucoup
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,429

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLCyndi View Post
And what dear god was she wearing from the waist down?
I wasn't sure either, but apparently, the fashion people know what it was.

Picture I found.
http://thefashion-court.com/2013/06/...ason-4-finale/

During the performance, Cher rocked a multicolored wind-blown, two-tone mohawk wig in blonde and jet-black, which left many entranced and others shocked in only a way that she can. As for the outfit, she donned a netted and patent leather harness bustier tucked into a trendy pair of leather harem skinny pants with double suspenders dropped to the sides. Take that Bieber!

While staying comfortable in military boots, Cher topped it all off with studded panels her ankles and a gorgeous crystal embroidered Lanvin crop jacket, from the Spring/Summer 2013 collection. Loree Rodkin jewels provided the finishing touches.

Last edited by beaucoup; 06-20-2013 at 12:14 AM.
beaucoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 07:57 PM   #224
Robinrs
DIS Veteran
 
Robinrs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Atlanta, GA originally from Bklyn, New York
Posts: 41,567

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaucoup View Post
I wasn't sure either, but apparently, the fashion people know what it was.

Picture I found.
http://thefashion-court.com/2013/06/...ason-4-finale/

During the performance, Cher rocked a multicolored wind-blown, two-tone mohawk wig in blonde and jet-black, which left many entranced and others shocked in only a way that she can. As for the outfit, she donned a netted and patent leather harness bustier tucked into a trendy pair of leather harem skinny pants with double suspenders dropped to the sides. Take that Bieber!

While staying comfortable in military boots, Cher topped it all off with studded panels her ankles and a gorgeous crystal embroidered Lanvin crop jacket, from the Spring/Summer 2013 collection. Loree Rodkin jewels provided the finishing touches.
Looks like Hammer Time!!!!!
__________________

Robinrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:58 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.