Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2013, 11:24 AM   #16
bookgirl
I don't eat onions-they squelch when you bite into them
I don't eat raisins-they look like dried up bugs
Can we say food issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxccah View Post
I'm staying at Sports for 21 days. I originally thought 'its only me- I just need a shower, a sink, a bed and a TV. I don't need a fancy place to stay' so I booked at the cheapest disney hotel.

However... I've been reading reviews and some people have mentioned: bed bugs, vomit in corridors, bad mousekeeping, 60min+ walk from hotel room to bus stop, broken shower knobs etc.

Are they really that bad?! I thought they looked perfect for a solo teenager. I mean, I hate sports LOL, but it's cheaper than movies/music. And I'm literally gonna be sleeping and showering in there...

I'm now really scared about bed bugs!!! Also, how far away roughly are the rooms from laundry services/check in/food court/bus stop? If its really an hour walk, I'll have to be up VERY early for my 8am breakfast in the magic kingdom!

Not that bad.

I've done a few value stays and it's exactily what you're looking for. Basic bed/bath with a/c and a tv.

I am picky about hotels and I had no problem staying at a value if that is what worked into my plan.

I'm not athletic or even very fast but it's never taken me more than 3-4 minutes to get from the back to the front of a resort.

I've never found a bed bug, a pile of vomit or had bad housekepping.

UPCOMING: 1/15 AllStar Movies WDW

bookgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:48 PM   #17
fortheloveofminnie
Earning My Ears

I still can't get over the 21 days -- every Disney fan's dream. Anyway, I've stayed at ASMusic twice and had a great experience both times. Very clean, comfortable, and convenient. No 60 minute walks, unless you are actually trying to walk to a theme park from the hotel!
fortheloveofminnie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-26-2013, 04:02 PM   #18
bxccah
Ch-Ch-Ch-ChipnDale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortheloveofminnie
I still can't get over the 21 days -- every Disney fan's dream. Anyway, I've stayed at ASMusic twice and had a great experience both times. Very clean, comfortable, and convenient. No 60 minute walks, unless you are actually trying to walk to a theme park from the hotel!
I know, I actually cried when I booked it. I still have like 160 days to go but each day I can't stop obsessing over disney! Probably won't be back to WDW until around 2016-17 unless we somehow get a windfall of money. My sister wants to go for DD's birthday when she's around 6 or 7.

Perfect! I should have stated those reviews weren't on a disney site, they were on a travel site thing so there were literally thousands to go through and I only read about 10. Most of them said it was okay but I tend to obsess on the bad stuff!

Does anyone know if they have bell service for your luggage at All Star? Not bothered if I have to wait 2-3 hours for it and obviously I'll tip. I am using the magical express but I'm not flying domestic so i have to get our luggage from baggage claim and take it to the magical express bit myself (that's what it said in the email). At Saratoga, the luggage was all sort of dumped on the floor and everyone was rummaging to find it- not very organised! But then a lovely man names Rico came and took us to a golf buggy type thing and transported it for us after we checked in. Obviously I'm not expecting that at a Value- Im just wondering if staff would be able to assist me with getting my suitcase to my room whilst I carry my carry on bag and my backpack!

I'll definitely be doing a trip report, and as I'm going solo I'll have a lot of spare time, so I'll probably post on here when I arrive and let you all know how (hopefully) I'm happy with it!

Currently at Disney World! All Star Sports, 9/4 - 9/25
bxccah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 04:42 PM   #19
AuroraRora
Princess

They have bell services, and they've been very helpful and prompt every time I've used them at the values. When you check in, they'll ask if you need help with your luggage, and call someone over. It should be in your room really quickly after you. The 2-3hr thing is only if your luggage is being picked up from the airport, because they transport it separately from the ME buses. If your instructions say to pick it up and take it to ME yourself, it'll be on the same bus as you and then you'll get it immediately when the bus gets to your hotel.
July '12 - POFQ 10 days
March 2013 ASMu 5 days ......May 2013 POP 8 days...... October 2013 POP 10 days *
AuroraRora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 05:56 PM   #20
Random Ninja
DIS Veteran

As a single female in my 20s, I've never felt uncomfortable at any of the disney resorts, even walking back to my room at 3am wasn't bad. There are always people around and the paths are well lit.

You can always go to DTD or another resort for evening/rest day entertainment. There are some really cool amenities available to every wdw guest regardless of their resort choice. Check out the EWP from the poly beach, enjoy Yee Haw Bob at POR, campfire at the fort, walking trails: the possibilities are numerous.
Old 03-26-2013, 06:10 PM   #21
fozziepitysthefool
Mouseketeer

We have always stayed at All-Star Music and never had an issue... We are now doing split stays between ASMu and mods/deluxes as our budget allows. We are very comfortable at ASMu and find it hard to justify the added expense of staying elsewhere when as you say we are basically just ''sleeping and showering''.

Lucky you to be spending 21 days there!!!
Jul 1985 Off-Disney Dec 1999 Off Disney Apr 2007 ASMu Mar 2011 Off-Disney Oct 2011 ASMu Dec 2011 AKL/ASMu Aug 2012 ASMu Oct 2013 ASMu/CBR Dec 2014 ASSp LA/DL BWPPI Sept 2015 BCR Nov 2015 DL Paris 2016

fozziepitysthefool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 07:52 PM   #22
tmanaster
Mouseketeer

Just stayed at All Star Sports for the week to do the Princess Half Marathon with my daughter. We LOVED it! I hadn't really expected to, but I was pleasantly surprised. Would definitely stay there again!

Wrote a review of it on my travel blog
http://roadtriptheworld.com/2013/03/...rathon-part-1/

Have fun! Such a long trip will be amazing!
Visit us at www.roadtriptheworld.com

Many DW visits as a child First Family Trip POR 2005 AS Movies 2006
ASMu/Fort Wilderness Cabins 2008 Pop Century 2010
Disney Princess Half Marathon~ Mom and Daughter trip! POR February 2011
Disney Princess Half Marathon Mom and Daughter trip! All Star Sports 2013
tmanaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 07:57 PM   #23
SA mom
DIS Veteran

We stayed in All Star Music several years ago. It was basic, but extremely clean. We refer to that resort as the Hotel of Misfit Furnishings. The interior, at the time, was mismatched. The border, drapes, carpet, bed spread, nothing coordinated, but it was all musical. They've probably redone those rooms.
SA mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:16 PM   #24
davids68girl
Mouseketeer

All Star Sports is my family's favorite Value. We love it. It's always been clean, staffed by nice CM's, and it's the first bus stop. Love that when it's busy and at the end of a long day. I think Music is our second favorite-we love the All Stars. Don't be scared off by the reviews, everyone has a different idea of what is ok. For us, we need a clean, safe place to lay our head, oh and a pool for my son to swim in. The All Stars check every box for us. I know so many people who won't stay in them because they are labeled "Value" but it's Disney! Disney Value is heads and shoulders above anyone else's Value. Have a great trip!

Trips-Almost every year growing up-day trips only or stayed off site, 2003-AS Sports, 2008-ASMu, 2009-CSR, 2009-POR & Pop, 2010- AKL & WL, 2011-All Star Sports & Pop , 2011-Cruise-Dream, 2012-POFQ, 2013-AoA & WL, 2013-AoA, 2015- Universal-Royal Pacific
davids68girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 10:44 PM   #25
disneycrazi
watch your head and step as you disembark

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxccah

I know, I actually cried when I booked it. I still have like 160 days to go but each day I can't stop obsessing over disney! Probably won't be back to WDW until around 2016-17 unless we somehow get a windfall of money. My sister wants to go for DD's birthday when she's around 6 or 7.

Perfect! I should have stated those reviews weren't on a disney site, they were on a travel site thing so there were literally thousands to go through and I only read about 10. Most of them said it was okay but I tend to obsess on the bad stuff!

Does anyone know if they have bell service for your luggage at All Star? Not bothered if I have to wait 2-3 hours for it and obviously I'll tip. I am using the magical express but I'm not flying domestic so i have to get our luggage from baggage claim and take it to the magical express bit myself (that's what it said in the email). At Saratoga, the luggage was all sort of dumped on the floor and everyone was rummaging to find it- not very organised! But then a lovely man names Rico came and took us to a golf buggy type thing and transported it for us after we checked in. Obviously I'm not expecting that at a Value- Im just wondering if staff would be able to assist me with getting my suitcase to my room whilst I carry my carry on bag and my backpack!

I'll definitely be doing a trip report, and as I'm going solo I'll have a lot of spare time, so I'll probably post on here when I arrive and let you all know how (hopefully) I'm happy with it!
Oh please please yes with a trip report....I am so excited for you and would love to subscribe to your trip report!
(2003 Day Trip) (2009 April All Star Movies) (2009 September Port Orleans Riverside) (2010 April Caribbean Beach) (2010 Sept Grand Gathering POFQ) (2011 Jan Contemporary) (2011 April All Star Music) (2011 July POP Century) (2012 January All Star Sports)
(2012 Feb One More Disney Day Coronado Springs)
(2012 Sept Animal Kingdom Jambo) (2013 March Old Key West) (2013 October Art Of Animation, Polynesian)
(2014 April off site Fountains Resort)
disneycrazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:34 PM   #26
ironpig70
DIS Veteran

My first and only trip to the World was at the All Stars and I would stay there again. It is what it is a value resort but like all Disney property it is taking care of. The walk to the buses is not a huge deal. I loved having the laundry near the pool. Great to wash a load and swim, switch the load and keep swimmming.

Extremely jelous you get to stay so long.
ironpig70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:06 AM   #27
Beth521
Earning My Ears

I've only ever stayed at the AllStar's and have loved each and every stay. Last summer I stayed at Sports by myself and as a woman I never ever felt unsafe, the housekeeping was fantastic, etc. The walk to buses from my room was not long, the wait for the buses themselves wasn't long and the food was great. I love it! Although some day I'd like to stay at a more expensive resort just for the experience I personally love the value resorts so I can spend my saved money elsewhere. But I'm visiting again in May and again staying at Sports!

PS 21 days?! YOU LUCKY DUCK!

Beth521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:17 PM   #28
LisaBi
DIS Veteran

DS and I always stay at ASMo. It started because he wanted to stay at the "Toy Story" hotel, but now we always stay because its perfectly fine.

I did go solo once and stayed at CSR. While it was nicer and roomier, I ended up kicking myself for it....what good were all the extra ammenities if I was at the parks all the time? Since it was just me, the extra space didn't really matter. Now, if the mods had a little more furniture, like a comfy chair for watching TV, that may have made a difference.

That said, if you are going for 21 days (lucky!!) you may want more ammenities. But if really just plan to be there to sleep and shower, I'd go for the values.
LisaBi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 11:03 PM   #29
2Pirates2Princesses
DIS Veteran

We stayed in a family suite at AS Music in 2011 and loved it! We thought the resort was very clean, nicely themed, had a fun atmosphere, and our location in the Jazz building #2 was very quiet (I don't recall seeing any large groups during our stay though). What's nice about the All Stars is that Sports has been going through recent room refurbishments and you can enjoy the pools and food courts of all three resorts because they are officially "sister resorts". Have a magical trip
2Pirates2Princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:47 AM   #30
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnhaze View Post
Anyone who has a 60min walk to a bus stop at any Disney resort is doing something wrong, or they walk REALLY slow. The longest one I've had was the 7-8min walk to the Little Mermaid section at AoA.

I've stayed at Sports and Music and they were both fine. If you have problems, tell the front desk and they'll be resolved immediately.
I agree, that's crazy!

We have stayed at all levels of resorts at WDW and, believe it or not, we really prefer the values now. When the kids were little we used to get 2 connecting rooms at The Poly. As the years have gone by and the kids have gotten bigger and turned into Disney adults and Disney has jacked their prices up, we tried out POR and CBR and then the values. Out kids loved the values! The Poly will probably always be my favorite, but I really like the values too - we only sleep and shower there to, maybe a swim or two.. All Star Movies is our favorite and then Pop. Liked the Little Mermaid rooms, but they were too far from the bus stop after a 12 hour park day. We have always had clean rooms and good customer service at the values.
TheDisney411 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: