Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-2013, 05:56 PM   #1
dizzyr
DIS Veteran

Disney Cruise Transfers

When I booked my cruise I didnít book any Disney transfers (Port Canaveral) because we were going to be spending a few days in Orlando before and after the cruise and were going to have a rental car. Now that Iíve booked my plane tickets we changed our plan and are only going to be staying in Orlando before the cruise and flying home right after.

I read good things about the Disney transfers in that you can put your luggage outside your room at 10pm and then not see it again until you arrive home which I though my husband would love! I just went online and added them to my reservation but somehow seeing the total as $140 instead of $35 per person seems expensive now LOL! I know I could get there cheaper but was thinking the luggage thing was worth it. I read on that you can only do the luggage if you qualify for online check in and can print your boarding passes online or something like that. What determines if you qualify? We are flying United from Seattle. If I canít take advantage of the luggage thing then I think Iíll book private transportation.

****** DL Feb/02, DL Feb/07, WDW Nov/13, DCL Nov/13 ******
Next trip WDW Jan 2016 Marathon weekend here I come!
dizzyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 05:59 PM   #2
su_A_ve
DIS Veteran

Transfers are $35 per person EACH WAY. Round trip is $70 per person, hence the $140 you see...
'13 (5n Wonder), '13 (POR Xmas), '13 (3n Magic Post Xmas), '14 (CSR SWW)

į(((=((===įįį(((===========================================
su_A_ve is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-25-2013, 06:01 PM   #3
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyr View Post
When I booked my cruise I didnít book any Disney transfers (Port Canaveral) because we were going to be spending a few days in Orlando before and after the cruise and were going to have a rental car. Now that Iíve booked my plane tickets we changed our plan and are only going to be staying in Orlando before the cruise and flying home right after.

I read good things about the Disney transfers in that you can put your luggage outside your room at 10pm and then not see it again until you arrive home which I though my husband would love! I just went online and added them to my reservation but somehow seeing the total as $140 instead of $35 per person seems expensive now LOL! I know I could get there cheaper but was thinking the luggage thing was worth it. I read on that you can only do the luggage if you qualify for online check in and can print your boarding passes online or something like that. What determines if you qualify? We are flying United from Seattle. If I canít take advantage of the luggage thing then I think Iíll book private transportation.
Available to Guests flying out of Orlando International Airport on domestic flights (including Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands) on AirTran Airways, Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, Continental Airlines, Delta Air Lines, JetBlue Airways, Northwest Airlines, United/Ted Airlines and US Airways it's the perfect ending to a magical cruise vacation! Pre-registration is required and scheduled flights must be after 11:25 a.m. on the day your cruise ends. Guests are limited to two bags per person and each piece must not exceed 50 lbs. Additionally, some Guests may be selected to check in at the airport and unable to use this service.

I got that from the FAQ sticky above. You must be using one of the participating airlines, and have booked EITHER your airline flights through DCL OR purchased DCL transfers.

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 06:06 PM   #4
dizzyr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by su_A_ve View Post
Transfers are $35 per person EACH WAY. Round trip is $70 per person, hence the $140 you see...
There's 4 of us so that's why it's $140. I just meant when I was thinking "it's only $35 per person - it seemed cheaper than its $140 for the four of us" Lol the same thing happened when I booked the tickets to Discovery Cove.

Since I know I could get there cheaper I just wanted to make sure we could take advantage of the luggage perk

Old 03-25-2013, 06:11 PM   #5
dizzyr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo View Post
Additionally, some Guests may be selected to check in at the airport and unable to use this service.

I got that from the FAQ sticky above. You must be using one of the participating airlines, and have booked EITHER your airline flights through DCL OR purchased DCL transfers.
It looks like I meet the domestic and airline requirement so it would just be that last part - anyone know why someone would be selected to check in at the airport? Is that just a "this rarely happens but in case it does this covers it" kind of deal. Meaning 99% of the time you would be able to use this service?

Old 03-26-2013, 10:07 AM   #6
lanejudy

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyr View Post
It looks like I meet the domestic and airline requirement so it would just be that last part - anyone know why someone would be selected to check in at the airport? Is that just a "this rarely happens but in case it does this covers it" kind of deal. Meaning 99% of the time you would be able to use this service?
Nobody is "selected" to check-in at the airport. If not using one of the participating airlines, then passengers can't use the luggage service. If taking an international flight, then passengers can't use the luggage service. If not using DCL transfers from PC to MCO post-cruise, than passengers can't use the luggage service. If your flight departs too early, DCL will not transfer your luggage either; I think the flight has to be after 11:30am. If you meet the criteria (domestic flight, participating airline, using DCL transfers) - which it sounds like you are - then you are welcome to use the luggage service.

link to DCL website info: http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/pl...ian-caribbean/

Enjoy your cruise!
lanejudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 10:21 AM   #7
dizzyr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanejudy View Post
Nobody is "selected" to check-in at the airport. If not using one of the participating airlines, then passengers can't use the luggage service. If taking an international flight, then passengers can't use the luggage service. If not using DCL transfers from PC to MCO post-cruise, than passengers can't use the luggage service. If your flight departs too early, DCL will not transfer your luggage either; I think the flight has to be after 11:30am. If you meet the criteria (domestic flight, participating airline, using DCL transfers) - which it sounds like you are - then you are welcome to use the luggage service.

link to DCL website info: http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/pl...ian-caribbean/

Enjoy your cruise!
Awesome! Thanks.

Old 03-26-2013, 12:25 PM   #8
MagicMe
DIS Veteran

Dizzyr - we did this on our cruise last September and loved it!!! So easy and once at MCO you just have to deal with the security line!!
Disney Dream/AKL - JUL14; Disney Fantasy - SEP12; Disney Dream/OKW - OCT11; Disney Wonder - Alaska AUG11; Disney Magic WBTA - Sep10; Disney Magic - Sep08; WL - Dec07-MVMCP; OKW - Oct/Nov06-MNSSHP; Disney Wonder - Aug06; OKW - Sept05; Disneyland - Jun04; Offsite - Dec03-MVMCP; Poly - Aug02; POR/Wonder - Aug00; POR - Jul99; And many more...

MagicMe is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: