Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2013, 04:10 PM   #1
eeyoresmom
DIS Veteran

Renting bikes at WL/FW?

Are other long bike paths between or just at one of these resorts? DH was talking about renting bikes next trip but seeing we are staying at BW it would get pretty boring going around that circle. Thinking if there are bike trails we could spend a few hours at WL/FW and get lunch there.
eeyoresmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 06:11 PM   #2
Tink415
DIS Veteran

Yes, there is a bike trail between WL and FW.
Tink415 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-23-2013, 06:18 PM   #3
eeyoresmom
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know how long it is? Or is it a loop? Enough to keep 2 adults interested for a few hours?
Old 03-23-2013, 06:42 PM   #4
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Well, we walked the gravel nature trail between WL & FW, so it's not that far but there are lots of roads around FW to bike around. We did the Segway tour around FW, and didn't see half of it probably. And there's the barns where they keep the big horses, and the Ponies, a petting area, etc
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 7-Sept 3 2014 Ft Lauderdale, Universal, WDW GF & GF CL
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:31 PM   #5
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

if you are a dvc member you get a discount off bikes at wl/vwl - but not at fw (I think) - get a map!

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 11:30 PM   #6
Tink415
DIS Veteran

The bike trail from WL to FW I mentioned is different than the nature trail. I was referring to a paved walkway/road. Its not a loop. Its starts as a walkway at WL bike rental. The are signs, or at least there used to be signs. The path goes past the WL bus stop; if you look at WL with google maps, the bike trail parallels W Wilderness Road which connects WL and FW. Most of the roads in FW have a bike trail next to them. When we rent bikes from WL its usually for an hour and that isn't hardly enough time to fully explore FW and get back to WL. Look at google maps and you'll see all the trails. Definitely enough to keep 2 adults interested for a few hours!

DVC members can get a 10% discount on bike rentals at any resort that has rentals. I don't think there are any exclusions, same for most boat rentals.
Tink415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 07:02 AM   #7
sleepydog25
Girls of the Woo Hooty: Riddlers Gone Bad
I'm gettin' trippy about my race
Well, I was channeling YOU
Jack, the fairly good person to unwind to

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyoresmom View Post
Does anyone know how long it is? Or is it a loop? Enough to keep 2 adults interested for a few hours?
I've run that paved path dozens of times and can tell you it's right at a mile one way. That distance alone is not enough to keep you interested, but as another poster mentioned, once you get to FW, there are numerous roads, loops, and streets that you can cruise around. There are bike/walking paths scattered throughout FW, but the roads aren't so terribly busy that you couldn't use them, as well. You'll likely see numerous bikes in that area.

sleepydog25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:45 AM   #8
eeyoresmom
DIS Veteran

Sound great, thank you.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: