DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-18-2013, 01:42 PM   #1
flash7266
Earning My Ears

Question AKV Value Studio?

Hi everyone! We are renting points for a stay in an AKV Value Studio booked for April 2014. I know that you cannot request a view (savanna, pool, parking lot) but has anyone recently requested something else, like "near elevator" or "dedicated studio". Did you get what you requested? I am a light sleeper so especially wondering about the dedicated studio one maybe being a little quieter. Do you request at booking or online check in or regular check in? Thanks so much! We are very excited to stay at AKV for the first time!
flash7266 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 03:44 PM   #2
Simba's Mom
everything went to "H*** in a handbasket
Keep me off the high horses!
Suffers from theme park dyslexia

I tried to make a request at AKV, in value studios, once. MS told me that they wouldn't take view requests, but I remembered having a particular value studio with a savannah view, that I loved. So I requested a specific room #, which MS told me was OK for me to do. But no luck-when I got to AKV, they gave me a value studio that was located as far away from my requested studio as possible. Oh, well-I tried! As far as dedicated being quieter, I heard a tip once to make lock-off studios quieter-roll a towel and put it along the floor at the base of the connecting door, you know just like you'd do to keep the cold air out at the bottom of a door. I think I got that tip here-who wants to take credit? Best tip!
Register to remove

Old 05-18-2013, 03:45 PM   #3
BillPA
DIS Veteran

Here is a link to the layout at Jambo House. The value rooms are on the bottom of the map, just left and right of the entrance..

See this link http://www.parkinfo2go.com/dvc-akv/floor5.php

BillPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 03:51 PM   #4
miprender
Michelle Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by flash7266 View Post
Hi everyone! We are renting points for a stay in an AKV Value Studio booked for April 2014. I know that you cannot request a view (savanna, pool, parking lot) but has anyone recently requested something else, like "near elevator" or "dedicated studio". Did you get what you requested? I am a light sleeper so especially wondering about the dedicated studio one maybe being a little quieter. Do you request at booking or online check in or regular check in? Thanks so much! We are very excited to stay at AKV for the first time!
The value studios are pretty close to elevators. We have never had a "bad" location which ever one we have received.
Old 05-18-2013, 07:51 PM   #5
flash7266
Earning My Ears

Thanks I think I'll probably just see what I get then if the lock offs won't be too loud and all are close to the elevators. Savanna or pool will be fine as well and only a few parking lot views. The points are so few, any of them is a bargain.
flash7266 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: