Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2013, 05:45 PM   #16
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Count me in for this one, it sounds like a really fun trip and a great way to reward yourself for all that hard work and study
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 06:11 PM   #17
Tinkerbell1989
DIS Veteran

The tour was AMAZING! We thought we knew a lot about Disney, but we learnt so much! And it was so cool to go backstage and see how it all works behind the scenes! I guess if you have worked there and seen the Utilidors, you might not be quite so overwhelmed as we were, but it was definately worth it! I woukd love to do it again to be honest!

Xx

2013's Big Celebration Christmas Trip 'Finally got my own way!'...October 2012 TR Playing 'I Spy' in Disney... December 2010 TR Our Youtube Channel

DLRP August 2004 DLRP June 2008

WDW October 2000 WDW April 2003 WDW December 2006 WDW December 2010 WDW CSR October 2012 WDW December 2013
Tinkerbell1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-30-2013, 01:44 PM   #18
Laurafoster
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell1989 View Post
The tour was AMAZING! We thought we knew a lot about Disney, but we learnt so much! And it was so cool to go backstage and see how it all works behind the scenes! I guess if you have worked there and seen the Utilidors, you might not be quite so overwhelmed as we were, but it was definately worth it! I woukd love to do it again to be honest!

Xx
I agree we loved it which was why we did it a second time. Second time was essentially the same tour but a different guide who told us completely different facts and stories so it was def worth it!

I love seeing behind the scenes stuff. We were lucky enough to have a bridal photoshoot at MK one morning before the park opened (5am) and saw some great stuff then too
Old 03-31-2013, 12:33 AM   #19
DISWolves
Dreams really can come true !!!!

I like the look of your itinery
Will you be taking any video clips as I reckon you will have some fun at 50's Prime Time.
Looking forward to the rest of the report
Good Luck !!! with the exam results and a very worthy career.
DISWolves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:03 AM   #20
BethEJo
I left the house at 5.45am - that's unheard of for a student
WDW CM 19/06/11 - 02/09/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsTigger View Post
I know I can't wait!!!!! soon I can say I'm going to wdw next month. We're staying at CSR, it looks like a nice resort so hopefully we'll like it. Our last trip we stayed at Akl and loved it there.
Have fun in Tenby, we had a few days in that around that area last year, it's lovely along the coast.
Yes, agreed - CSR does look lovely! Would love to hear your thoughts when you get back!
We had a great time in Tenby - lots of fresh, sea air, we were out for the count in the nights! Have been to Tenby and the West Wales coast area multiple times a year for as long as I can remember. It's just a two hour drive from my home, and is gorgeous Glad you also liked it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Count me in for this one, it sounds like a really fun trip and a great way to reward yourself for all that hard work and study
Hey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell1989 View Post
Xx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurafoster View Post
I agree we loved it which was why we did it a second time. Second time was essentially the same tour but a different guide who told us completely different facts and stories so it was def worth it!
I love seeing behind the scenes stuff. We were lucky enough to have a bridal photoshoot at MK one morning before the park opened (5am) and saw some great stuff then too
It's almost two years since I was wandering around the Utilidors lost as anything on my very last night of the college program - I'm worried I'll get all emotional when I see them again pahaha I'm so glad you guys loved it; it just makes me more excited! Have been reading a few reviews and haven't seen many bad words said against it at all!

I'm also itching to do the Future World tour thingy in Epcot, but think I might be alone for that one! I'm not going to book that one in advance though - will leave it until I'm there, and if it's meant to be, then it's meant to be

Your bridal shoot in MK sounds great Laura! What kind of stuff did you see?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISWolves View Post
I like the look of your itinery
Will you be taking any video clips as I reckon you will have some fun at 50's Prime Time.
Looking forward to the rest of the report
Good Luck !!! with the exam results and a very worthy career.
One of my friends was considering buying a video camera in time for Florida, as they are also heading to Bali in September and wanted it for then too. If that doesn't happen though then hopefully we'll be able to capture some with our phones/ordinary cameras! There were so many moments that I wish I had captured on video during the college program, as sometimes, a photo doesn't do a great memory justice! Hopefully we'll rectify that this trip though - I will be much more conscious about videoing things during the trip now that you've mentioned it

And thanks for the good luck wishes! Results are released in just a week and a half; my stomach flips faster the closer we get to that date!

Not much to update on re: the trip! Except that we're just over three weeks away now and there is still so much to do!! Not that I'm complaining that the trip is so close now

I had a little panic during these past few days. I always knew that I would be on my last ever placement right before heading to FL - however, what I didn't anticipate was being sent to the other end of Wales for it, a whole 5 hours from home, more or less! I'm supposed to be heading to Gatwick on the last day of this hospital placement - this now potentially meant a five hour journey from North Wales to South Wales (back home), followed by a four hour journey to Gatwick! And then I suddenly realised - WHEN AM I GOING TO PACK?!

So, as you do in these kind of situations, I had a little panic before I started thinking rationally Hopefully, I'll be able to hand in all my paperwork on the very last Thursday of placement, meaning that I can escape Thursday evening. This will then give me Friday morning to pack and get ready - nothing like last minute is there?! Hopefully it will work out. And if it doesn't... then I'm still going to do that anyway!!
BethEJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:40 AM   #21
Laurafoster
DIS Veteran

It was kinda surreal. We got to the park at around 5am so it was still dark. We had been picked up from the hotel by Disney Photography so we were driven into the park via the staff entrance. Our first stop was some photos around the castle - I was expecting Main Street to be empty but it was quite busy. There were people cleaning everything! Including the paths. They were testing some castle lighting effects too which was cool. On the fantasyland side of the castle there's a outside staircase and small platform on the castle - we got to climb up for some photos. Was a great view.

Most bridal shoots use the carousel but it was being used to film a commercial so instead we got toon town fair. We drove backstage between each set of photos so we got to see lots of cast areas, behind splash mountain etc. We also got shown the areas where they set off fireworks. On our way out of the park the photographer was great and took us past a bunch of stuff - The monorail service stations, Disneys power plant and recycling centre and close to the airstrip.

Almost worth the hefty fee just for that!
Old 04-05-2013, 11:36 AM   #22
irongirlof12
Am I the only one who loves Quorn Sausages?
I would love to be at Ghiradelli's ice cream parlour with a massive choc sundae

Well done on getting through your finals your plans sound amazing
Old 04-05-2013, 05:35 PM   #23
tinks_1989
need a like button

Thought I would make a start on your pre trip report and I managed to read it all yay.

How exciting 3 weeks :0

I hope you do a trip report I need a disney fix already.
tinks_1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 06:08 AM   #24
BethEJo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurafoster View Post
It was kinda surreal. We got to the park at around 5am so it was still dark. We had been picked up from the hotel by Disney Photography so we were driven into the park via the staff entrance. Our first stop was some photos around the castle - I was expecting Main Street to be empty but it was quite busy. There were people cleaning everything! Including the paths. They were testing some castle lighting effects too which was cool. On the fantasyland side of the castle there's a outside staircase and small platform on the castle - we got to climb up for some photos. Was a great view.

Most bridal shoots use the carousel but it was being used to film a commercial so instead we got toon town fair. We drove backstage between each set of photos so we got to see lots of cast areas, behind splash mountain etc. We also got shown the areas where they set off fireworks. On our way out of the park the photographer was great and took us past a bunch of stuff - The monorail service stations, Disneys power plant and recycling centre and close to the airstrip.

Almost worth the hefty fee just for that!
Wow!!! That definitely sounds worth it! We used to pass the monorail service stations and the recycling plants etc. on the Cast bus to the Utilidors. You were very close to the cast entrance there; it had this great sign above the entrance to the Utilidors, something like "here walk the greatest cast members on earth". A good way to set you up for the day lol

My friend used to work Custodial at MK, and used to have all the horrible hours working all the early hours in the morning - but still, if that meant you were working on Main St and around the castle, then that was some consolation

Your whole experience sounds amazing! Truly unforgettable, I bet! Do you have any pics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by irongirlof12 View Post
Well done on getting through your finals your plans sound amazing
Hi Andrea! Thank you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinks_1989 View Post
Thought I would make a start on your pre trip report and I managed to read it all yay.

How exciting 3 weeks :0

I hope you do a trip report I need a disney fix already.
Will definitely be doing a trip report I'm already excited to do it, just to relive the whole thing, and I haven't even gone yet Yes, three weeks today and we would have already been in the air for roughly an hour!

Going to do a couple of the boring things today! FairFX have $ at 1.50 today I think, so shall be sorting out currency... finally!
Old 04-08-2013, 12:08 PM   #25
Laurafoster
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethEJo View Post
Wow!!! That definitely sounds worth it! We used to pass the monorail service stations and the recycling plants etc. on the Cast bus to the Utilidors. You were very close to the cast entrance there; it had this great sign above the entrance to the Utilidors, something like "here walk the greatest cast members on earth". A good way to set you up for the day lol

My friend used to work Custodial at MK, and used to have all the horrible hours working all the early hours in the morning - but still, if that meant you were working on Main St and around the castle, then that was some consolation

Your whole experience sounds amazing! Truly unforgettable, I bet! Do you have any pics?
I wish - strictly no cameras allowed, they even checked we didn't have our phones with us. would have loved to have seen the cast entrance though.
Old 04-10-2013, 08:36 PM   #26
DISWolves
Dreams really can come true !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethEJo View Post
Will definitely be doing a trip report I'm already excited to do it, just to relive the whole thing, and I haven't even gone yet Yes, three weeks today and we would have already been in the air for roughly an hour!
Remember to make a few notes at the end of each day. it's amazing how just a few words can jog your memory when your are back in U.K.
A few years ago I purchased a Disney hardback note book (A5 size - black cover with a gold castle motif) from the Emporium. it is nice to look back on this and helps when writing up my trippies - since it takes me anything up to a year to complete them!
DISWolves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 05:34 AM   #27
BethEJo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISWolves View Post
Remember to make a few notes at the end of each day. it's amazing how just a few words can jog your memory when your are back in U.K.
A few years ago I purchased a Disney hardback note book (A5 size - black cover with a gold castle motif) from the Emporium. it is nice to look back on this and helps when writing up my trippies - since it takes me anything up to a year to complete them!
As per your recommendation, I purchased a cute little notebook yesterday for all my holiday notes Can't wait to start filling it up, and as you say, it will make a nice momento afterwards!

A year?! Eeesh They're fantastic though, so I forgive you

Just thought I'd drop by as.... WE'VE HIT SINGLE DIGITS!!!!!
Surely that deserves a post!

Also, this week, I found out that I passed medical school successfully, and that overnight, I became Dr Bethan John!! Somebody pinch me, please!! I always had this worry looming over me, but now that I've received the good news, I can properly get on with finishing placement and getting all excited for the end of next week!!

9 DAYS!! 9 DAYS!! 9 DAYS!! 9 DAYS!! 9 DAYS!! 9 DAYS!!

Ps... did I mention it's only 9 days?!!?
Old 04-18-2013, 05:46 AM   #28
tinks_1989
need a like button

9 days yay.

Congratulations as well

9 days will fly by just hope the holiday doesn't and you get to enjoy your self after all your hard work. X
tinks_1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 06:35 AM   #29
irenep
DIS Veteran

Congratulations on becoming a doctor
And SDD time too! - double celebration
Old 04-18-2013, 05:04 PM   #30
scoobydooby
Dreaming of next Disney trip

Glad I found this, I can't wait to read about your trip now. Have a great time before A and E! I sometimes train doctors in my field (I'm not a medic) and the A and E ones are always the maddest and most entertaining! Your plans sound fabulous. I wish I had known about the Disney College Programme when I was a student 24 years ago. Would have broken up 5 years at Uni very nicely! I'm going to encourage the kids though

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: