Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-2013, 03:19 PM   #16
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

By the way, I wasn't assuming that he would whine about it...just that it would be in his mind. Since my son is an only and we talk about things all the time, I've found that sometimes I think one thing is going on with him, and find out later that he was having very different thoughts. And he remembers things much differently than what I feel was reality sometimes.

Quote:
It will be our only morning in DL
I think that changes it more than it being MM. If that is the only morning AND since you have two younger children, then FL is probably good to do first.

Now...once of the longer (but not loud thank goodness) meltdowns of DS's Disneyland-ride life has been in the queue for Peter Pan. He had been on it before and liked the RIDE, but the queue, even though it's partially outside and even when under a roof is still open to the outside, can FEEL dark. It can FEEL scary to a child. Especially, in our case, when said child is hungry but not telling anyone about it and when the whole family is tired. (he was late 3 or 4ish, by the way)

Doing PP first is essential for line-purposes. But if any of the kids are skittish or worried or concerned or have a dislike of darker areas with skinny lines and lots of people, PP can also be difficult.

I'm a weirdo and often suggest hitting DCA's bug's land for the first rides for first-timers with little bitty kids. Everything is out in the open and almost totally visible, so kids can see *that's the line and THAT is the payoff for the line*. Not "and now we're entering this group of people and I don't know why".

Those are just my perspectives to give you a broader view of, well, my perspectives if you wished to know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicleigh84 View Post
He is actually a very patient child so I don't think he will be bothered to wait. He will understand about trying to plan with the least amount of waiting possible. I guess I just want to figure the best plan to make sure we get multiple rides on ST.
Now that I know he's the oldest, I'm sure he understands that every kid in the family gets to have fun experiences too. And I think that especially if you go over what the plan is with him, letting him know what's going on, it'll be great!

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 03:21 PM   #17
nicleigh84
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJamieCA View Post
I would go to FL first (starting with PP) during your MM. When the parks have officially opened, I would get FP for ST. If the standby line isn't too bad, get in line then, also asking for the rider swap pass. Then the other parent can take him back on. Or do the same with the FPs if you don't do standby. If you do the combo of FP, Rider Swap & standby, he could go 3 times.
Thank you, I didn't think about Rider Swap!

Ok, anyone care to tell me how this plan sounds? Is this realistic? I am up for any changes!

Peter Pan
Dumbo
Mr Toad
Alice
Tea Party
Small World
Carrousel

Star Tours (stand by and get FP)
Star Tours (with Rider Swap)
Pirates
Haunted Mansion
Pooh
Lunch at Hungry Bear Restaurant

Will we be able to complete all this in order to be able to have lunch around 11:30/12? It will be a Magic Morning in mid June. The park hours aren't posted yet but I guessing we will be able to get in the park by 8am?
nicleigh84 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-25-2013, 03:25 PM   #18
nicleigh84
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post

Now...once of the longer (but not loud thank goodness) meltdowns of DS's Disneyland-ride life has been in the queue for Peter Pan. He had been on it before and liked the RIDE, but the queue, even though it's partially outside and even when under a roof is still open to the outside, can FEEL dark. It can FEEL scary to a child. Especially, in our case, when said child is hungry but not telling anyone about it and when the whole family is tired. (he was late 3 or 4ish, by the way)

Doing PP first is essential for line-purposes. But if any of the kids are skittish or worried or concerned or have a dislike of darker areas with skinny lines and lots of people, PP can also be difficult.

I'm a weirdo and often suggest hitting DCA's bug's land for the first rides for first-timers with little bitty kids. Everything is out in the open and almost totally visible, so kids can see *that's the line and THAT is the payoff for the line*. Not "and now we're entering this group of people and I don't know why".

Thank you!! This is great advice! We are actually starting off our Disney vaca with DCA on that Monday so I will be sure to give the girls the Bug's Land experience early on!
Old 03-25-2013, 03:36 PM   #19
DisneyJamieCA
DIS Veteran

Deleted because I answered my own question. Sorry.

Upcoming: Oct 16-19 (DLH); Nov 19-25 (GCH)

DL Onsite - Aug. '06 (GCH), Dec. '06 (GCH), Dec. '07 (GCH), Feb. '12 (DLH) Nov. '12 (GCH), Nov. '13 (DLH), June '14 (PPH)

DL Offsite - Sept. '07, Aug. '08, Aug. '09, Nov. '10, July '11, June '12, Oct. '12

DisneyJamieCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 03:51 PM   #20
luulu1999
DIS Veteran

I def would do FL on MM we went over Christmas and there was NO wait on PP or any of the other ride for MM and Buzz Lightyear and ST had no wait either!!

TRIP REPORT STARTED:http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post52056072
DS(6) DD (5) DBF Me

Christmas 2012-1st Disneyland trip-hopefully many more to come
luulu1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 10:37 AM   #21
nicleigh84
Mouseketeer

Anyone have any advice on my plan? Or is there a better place for me to post this? Thanks!
Old 03-26-2013, 11:48 AM   #22
starshine514
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicleigh84

Ok, anyone care to tell me how this plan sounds? Is this realistic? I am up for any changes!

Peter Pan
Dumbo
Mr Toad
Alice
Tea Party
Small World
Carrousel

Pirates
Haunted Mansion
Pooh

Will we be able to complete all this in order to be able to have lunch around 11:30/12? It will be a Magic Morning in mid June. The park hours aren't posted yet but I guessing we will be able to get in the park by 8am?
I would think you could complete this by lunchtime. Remember that you won't be able to get a ST FP until park opening.
Disneyland Trips -1983, 1986, May 2011 - Desert Inn & Suites, August 2011 - Super 8 on Katella, November 2011 - Desert Inn & Suites, December 2011 - Quality Inn on Manchester, January 2012 - Desert Inn & Suites, March 2012 - Desert Inn & Suites, May 2012 - Del Sol Inn, September 2012 - Del Sol Inn, November 2012 - Del Sol Inn, January 2013 - Ramada Maingate, February 2013 - Quality Inn on Manchester, April 2013 - Del Sol Inn, May 2013 - Hojo, August 2013 - Del Sol Inn, September 2013 - Desert Inn & Suites, November 2013 (one day trip!) - Welk Resort San Diego
Disney World Trips - July 1988, January 2010 - Sheraton Vistana Resort, November 2010 (work trip - no family along) - Coronado Springs Resort
starshine514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 12:49 PM   #23
Tinker mommy
Disney Fan

I think your plan looks good. I wouldn't do a FP for ST first thing because your return time will be pretty quick, and they are enforcing return times. Thus, you would be stuck in TL and couldn't get to FL fast enough. Peter Pan gets a ridiculous line (has a FP option in WDW and should have one here too). Your plan should work well. Have fun!

Me DH DS DD
Tinker mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 01:42 PM   #24
sleepymouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Peter Pan
Dumbo
Mr Toad
Alice
Tea Party
Small World
Carrousel

Pirates
Haunted Mansion
Pooh

Always PP first then probably Dumbo and Alice. After that, Mr Toad and Teacups. I think Small World (and Storyland Boats if interested) are not open during MM/EE. Just good to know in case you have MM.
sleepymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:26 PM   #25
LesBesTes
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepymouse View Post
Always PP first then probably Dumbo and Alice. After that, Mr Toad and Teacups. I think Small World (and Storyland Boats if interested) are not open during MM/EE. Just good to know in case you have MM.
Agreed. Peter Pan, Dumbo, Alice are always the first three in that order. Mr. Toad and Tea Cups lines don't get long until later in the MM hour or even a bit after that. You may very well finish up with all the Fantasyland rides before the MM hour is up and Small World might not be open yet, so take a snack or bathroom break with all those little ones.
LesBesTes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:13 PM   #26
nicleigh84
Mouseketeer

Thank you thank you thank you! It's nice to hear the feedback and get some confidence in our plan. I appreciate the advice!
Old 03-28-2013, 10:01 PM   #27
coaches24
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you thank you thank you! It's nice to hear the feedback and get some confidence in our plan. I appreciate the advice!
Just remember that since you don't have a MM the lines for PP and Dumbo will both be long by the time you get there. I would save those two for a little later since their lines are fairly consistent throughout the day and waiting wont make them that much longer. You shouldn't have long lines for the other FL rides and can get a lot done before having to wait in line for those two rides.

Unless you stay on site and can use MM it might be counter productive to use the same order used on MM.

In May we got held up on one of our MMs and missed about 35-40 minutes of the MM but still made it in before rope drop and the line for PP was already backed up out of the que. We skipped it and dumbo but the rest of FL had short lines.
Old 03-29-2013, 10:19 AM   #28
nicleigh84
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by coaches24 View Post
Just remember that since you don't have a MM the lines for PP and Dumbo will both be long by the time you get there. I would save those two for a little later since their lines are fairly consistent throughout the day and waiting wont make them that much longer. You shouldn't have long lines for the other FL rides and can get a lot done before having to wait in line for those two rides.

Unless you stay on site and can use MM it might be counter productive to use the same order used on MM.

In May we got held up on one of our MMs and missed about 35-40 minutes of the MM but still made it in before rope drop and the line for PP was already backed up out of the que. We skipped it and dumbo but the rest of FL had short lines.
I'm sorry but I don't understand this. It will be a Tuesday so I believe we will have a Magic Morning to use. We aren't staying onsite but we do have 3 day park hopper passes which give us one MM day, correct? Sorry for not understanding!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: