Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2013, 12:08 AM   #46
jewjubean
You can call me Bean
My vote "the TG" is a Mutant ninja fairy ranger. Fighting for crazy people everywhere!!:D

Ross, Target and Old Navy are my go to stores. Although I noticed that WalMart had a great pair of dress pants....gotta love the Disney look!
Old 03-26-2013, 08:10 AM   #47
Cindy B
Have taken some furniture polish and sprayed it in the air, so it smells like I was cleaning
I have been known to eat cookies for dinner
Grew up on Stove Top Stuffing

I'm a little older but I shop at a few place

(I usually hate clothes shopping and only do it when I have to!)

Target
Kohl's
Nordstrom Rack
Burlington Coat Factory
Old Navy
Cindy B is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-26-2013, 09:16 AM   #48
kydisneyfans
It may be because they are too embarassed to show it in public

Myself-male=Kohls.
My wife=Dress Barn and Macys, with Dress Barn being #1.
kydisneyfans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:52 AM   #49
hsmamato2
Tink in Training-Good Girl,Bad temper
Little house on the prairie was the HEIGHT of t.v

Goodwill and Savers .... except for undergarments...LOL I haven't had to buy much of anything new with these choices...... Svaers is an especially nice thrift store we have ,it's a chain and it's unbelievable.Oh,and shoes, while I sometimes find what I'm looking for 2nd hand, I have to go outlet shopping for those (sierra trading post, nike outlet,etc) I have gotten Keens,Dansko,Birkenstock, Teva,etc etc at the thrift store.....
hsmamato2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 05:50 PM   #50
lisaross
DIS Veteran

i buy lots of my cloths at Macy's - they have GREAT sales!!

Other places i buy are Marshalls, Ann Taylor Loft, TJMaxx - sometimes i'll go to the outlet stores...

2006 - First Family Trip to Disney
2009 - Disney/Universal
2015 - PLANNING (on hold)

Our cast is me : my husband and the kids :and
lisaross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:44 PM   #51
Jenny3
DIS Veteran

Mostly Ann Taylor Loft. They fit me best and have petites.

Also Gap, Old Navy, Lands End and Marshall's

Nov 2012 - IA & US Orlando, SW, DC
Dec 2011 - WDW, Boardwalk Villas
Feb 2004 - WDW, IOA, Fort Wilderness Cabins
April 2000 - DL & US Hollywood
Jenny3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:49 PM   #52
deeluvsdisney
Earning My Ears

I love to shop and love a deal. I usually buy my clothes at TJ Maxx, Marshalls and Kohls (on the weekend w/coupons) of course !!
Old 03-26-2013, 10:48 PM   #53
crisi
DIS Veteran

Lots of places - from second hand stores to Target to Kohl's and Penny's to TJ Maxx and Marshalls to Nordstrom (and Nordstrom Rack is wonderful).

I have a personal shopper at Nordstrom. It is NOT budget. It IS wonderful. Best part, she helps my husband pick gifts for me.
crisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:14 PM   #54
momto2inKC
DIS Veteran

I buy most of my clothes at Maurice's. I also shop at TJ Maxx, Target and Goodwill.
Old 03-26-2013, 11:42 PM   #55
anelson81993
Mouseketeer

I've been struggling with this question myself quite a bit lately, as my pre-student-teaching experience required me to buy some dressy clothes to wear to teaching. I'm a few years younger than you, but since for a major part of my day I'm teaching upper high school students, I tend to try to dress a couple years older than my actual age.

Jeans: I pretty much only buy a.n.a. jeans at JCPenney. They go on sale every once in a while, so I tend to stock up when they're on sale. If I'm buying jeans somewhere else, it's because Old Navy or Vanity had a really good sale and I really needed jeans and couldn't wait for the next a.n.a. sale at JCPenney's.
Dress Pants: JCPenney again. I like Worthington brand: classic and of good quality, and often on sale. Maurice's has nice dress pants, but they cost so much I can't usually afford them, even with the 20% off codes Maurice's likes to give out.
Shirts: Depends on whether they're dressy or casual. I buy most of my casual tops at Old Navy when they have a good sale. I got a bunch last year during a late spring/early summer sale that are still in great condition. I like Vanity for tops, too, but I tend not to buy much from them because they don't have as good sales. If they send me a good promo code or ad for a good sale, I might buy a couple things. Dressy tops I pretty much exclusively buy at Maurice's. They can be expensive, but they're also high-quality, and Maurice's isn't stingy with 20% off promo codes.
Skirts and Dresses: Skirts I don't wear a whole lot of, but I like Old Navy for low prices and good quality. Dresses I love in theory, but struggle with in practice. Problem is, I'm 5'10", and a lot of cute and current dresses are way too short for me. I pretty much only buy dresses that either are in stores in my size so I can try it on, or have an okay length listed online. I love the dresses online at JCPenney, but they rarely have dresses in stock in my size, and a lot of the dresses sold online don't have lengths listed (I'm returning two cute dresses I got on sale because they were way too short in person). I buy dresses at Maurice's when they have a really good sale; otherwise, they're too expensive for me. I like the dresses at Old Navy, too, and I love Old Navy's dress prices.
Shoes: Shoes, much like dresses, I struggle with. I wear a size 11 dress shoes/heels and a size 10.5-11 in flats/sneakers, so I often struggle to find shoes I really like in my size at a decent price. I buy my heels at DSW, which seems expensive but often has good sales and is very good to their rewards members. But if I find a cute heel or pump at another store in my size at a decent price, I'll probably buy it just since they're so hard to come by for me. I buy non-heel dress shoes as well as sneakers at Payless or Famous Footwear depending on who has the better sale and the cuter shoe. Flats I only buy at Payless, since in my own experience they're about the same quality anywhere I go and Payless tends to have great sales.

One of the best things I've done for saving money on clothes is signing up for email lists for any retailer I shop at. Almost all of them will send you some kind of discount as a reward for signing up, and will email you with discounts as they release. Yes, it means a few extra emails in your inbox, but I get my best deals that way. I also look online for coupons that I missed before I buy anything, and I shop through the bonus cashback rewards center on my credit card as much as possible.

Hope this helps!
anelson81993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 12:24 AM   #56
Lisa71
Adoption Rocks!

Loft , Lands End, Macy's, Kohls, Buckle...mostly ...undies Victorias Secret. I am 42 and petite but have a longer inseam than most petite brands. Outlet and sales as much as I can . Nordstroms or rack when I find a good deal. Gap for some jeans.
Old 03-31-2013, 08:25 PM   #57
nycdisneygal
Mouseketeer

Casual clothes-Gap and Kohls
Most of my clothes are Ann Taylor (not loft). Always buy on sale-usually marked down a couple times and then will buy when they have an additional 30-40% off.
Also, TJ MAXX and Bloomingdales. Sometimes I get the same thing at bloomingdales on sale for cheaper than at tJ Maxx.
nycdisneygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 08:39 PM   #58
mom2val
Can't wait to go back

I buy my clothes at Kohls, Target and Marshalls. I got a Kohls card - just for the savings. I use it and then go straight hime and pay the balnace off online. They send coupons all the time!!
Old 03-31-2013, 09:46 PM   #59
fr spodo komodo
Earning My Ears

Ralph Lauren
Tommy hillfiger
Lacoste
Calvin Klein
Abercrombie
Adidas
Nike

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
fr spodo komodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:14 AM   #60
crisi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by anelson81993 View Post
I've been struggling with this question myself quite a bit lately, as my pre-student-teaching experience required me to buy some dressy clothes to wear to teaching. I'm a few years younger than you, but since for a major part of my day I'm teaching upper high school students, I tend to try to dress a couple years older than my actual age.

Hope this helps!
Christopher Banks has a lot of clothes that are really appropriate for "school teacher type dressing" - that line between office dress that is too dressy for school and casual. Their sale racks are usually chock full of bargains - and I've walked out with two jackets and four shirts for under $100 off the sale racks.
crisi is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: