Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-2013, 01:43 PM   #16
secretpantssam
DIS Veteran

I also do a lot of my clothes shopping at thrift stores or Kohls.

What would Mickey do?
secretpantssam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 01:47 PM   #17
chicagodisneyfan
Peace
He looked ridiculous - but it gave me the giggles for a month

Talbots - get great deals
J.Jill
Nordstrom
Lafayette 148 - for work clothes
chicagodisneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-25-2013, 01:55 PM   #18
eliza61

We're Americans, we're survivors

Talbots
Lands end
Nordstroms
Bloomingdales.

My family and I must be pretty rough on clothes because every thing I buy at lower end stores, I've never been satisfied with the quality. Generally I shop end of season like early this month these stores had killer sales on winter fashions easy 70% off, everyone got new columbia snow jackets for $27 bucks.
Old 03-25-2013, 01:58 PM   #19
Jill in Chicago
DIS Veteran

I like the Chico's brand Traveler's Knits. The tops might be too old looking for you, but the bottoms might work. They are a drapey non clingy knit that wear like iron, and look so flattering. Keep in mind I am not a fan of the current style of close fit pants with the lower waist lines. So if you like that, then Chico's will not be for you. I wear these with dressy shoes with a heel, not flats. I have the solid colors.

I buy my tops mostly at T.J. Maxx. I wear a lot of long cardigans with the longer drape in the front than the back. I also find lots of traditional button front sweaters at T.J. Maxx. Again, these looks might be too old for you.

I think jewelry is a huge part of outfits. I like Charming Charlie's and Nordstrom clearance. Fun jewelry and scarves really add to the outfit.

I am plus sized so I have also found cute stuff at Nordstrom. I have a couple of shorter sweater dresses from there that i got off the clearance rack. So I would suggest Nordstroms. And a second to JCP. Cute stuff there!
Jill in Chicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 02:03 PM   #20
karice2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliza61 View Post
Talbots
Lands end
Nordstroms
Bloomingdales.

My family and I must be pretty rough on clothes because every thing I buy at lower end stores, I've never been satisfied with the quality. Generally I shop end of season like early this month these stores had killer sales on winter fashions easy 70% off, everyone got new columbia snow jackets for $27 bucks.
This must be me. I don't do well with clothes from lower end stores. I do Talbots, Nordstrom's and Macy's.

May 2010 -POFQ September 2010 AKL-December 2010 Off-Site
May 2011 BWV- December 2011 Christmas Magic December 2012 Annual Christmas Trip April 2014 Friends and Family May 2014 Star Wars Weekend July 2014 Harambe Nights

I've eaten at 47 out of 240 restaurants at Walt Disney World (20%)
I've eaten at 15 out of 85 quick service/counter service restaurants at Walt Disney World (18%)
I've eaten at 15 out of 70 table-service restaurants at Walt Disney World (21%)
I've eaten at 7 out of 18 signature restaurants at Walt Disney World (39%)
I've eaten at 0 out of 3 dinner show restaurants at Walt Disney World (0%)
karice2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 02:21 PM   #21
rlduvall
I just sit there and think "Oh, pretty colors."
Now maybe some-one will pick me first for dodgeball

I love to shop at Cato's. Reasonable prices and they get new inventory in every Wednesday. I also like the Chaps brand at Kohl's, but only when on sale.

rlduvall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 02:28 PM   #22
smitch425
DIS Veteran

The only place I buy jeans is Aeropostale. For dresses, I go to Macy's. Shirts usually come from Target, the Disney Store and Old Navy. I also buy skirts, sweaters and pants at Old Navy. Álmost all of my clothes come from the juniors dept. I can rarely find things in the misses dept. that fit right.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 02:30 PM   #23
DisneyFansInLINY
DIS Veteran

I buy my clothes at Macy's and Tanger outlet stores. I buy dresses at White House Black Market.
DisneyFansInLINY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 03:03 PM   #24
gorkt
Mouseketeer

Mid 20's can be a tough age. Let's see, I liked Old Navy and H&M and some target for budget stuff. If you want a bit more high end, Land's End/Canvas (conservative) and Eddie Bauer. I am more than 10 years older and like Eddie Bauer even now. They have good clearance sales. Loft is pretty good too. Now that I am getting older, I really like some of the stuff at J.Jill.
DS Orion 9

Many trips as a child and young adult
Dec 2006 - First Family Trip - BWV / All Star Music Suites
Nov 2009 - 10 day Wilderness extravaganza - 5 nights Cabins/5 Nights WLV
Nov 2013 - AoA Finding Nemo - Nov 2-11th

Hopefully returning in 2016!
gorkt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 03:39 PM   #25
Handbag Lady
Disneyland Bride 2000
If you can't say somethng nice, come sit next to me
Has the wherewithall to save bakery goods from earthquakes

I'm not in your age bracket but I pretty much just shop at Macy's. Their sales racks have amazing deals on well-made clothes.
WDW: October 2010: DCL, Poly, and the Grand for the 10th Anniversary Extravaganza!, Oct/Nov. 2008 CBR / Sept. 2007 CBR / Oct. 2006 AKL / August 2005 POR (hello Katrina!) / 1998 Off Campus at the Grosvenor (ENGAGED AT EPCOT )
DL: Twice a month for years / Multiple visits since birth / 1989 CM on Main Street / 2000 Disneyland Fairy Tale Wedding
DCL: Oct 2010 4-Day Caribbean / Nov 2011 Mexican Riviera / Oct 2012 Mexican Riviera
Handbag Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 03:41 PM   #26
Goofy'slady
Life is short so I save for Disney trips and Coach purses!

I shop like I breath...so in other words A LOT!!!
I work in a professional office so I buy a lot from both Ann Taylor and her sister store The Loft for work clothes.
I just attended a VIP sale at White House Black Market where for around one grand I bought several pieces from their spring collection, not to mention a few pairs of heels and accessories. Got a semi formal strapless dress to wear to my cousin's August wedding, a few pieces for work and date nights out with my boyfriend.

I also like American Eagle, Gap, and Target for cute weekend wear.

Me, BF, DD14, DD7
Goofy'slady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 03:55 PM   #27
pocomom
Brr.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorkt View Post
Mid 20's can be a tough age. Let's see, I liked Old Navy and H&M and some target for budget stuff. If you want a bit more high end, Land's End/Canvas (conservative) and Eddie Bauer. I am more than 10 years older and like Eddie Bauer even now. They have good clearance sales. Loft is pretty good too. Now that I am getting older, I really like some of the stuff at J.Jill.
Agree with this! Trying to look nice and professional, with clothes that actually fit! Junior's too immature, or sexy(using the nice word here) especially for the workplace, misses too frumpy (lucky for me my body type fits these better now ) . Best advice at this age is find a couple good quality basics, black pants, black skirt couple of good pairs of jeans etc. and then follow the trends with some nice accessories or cheaper pieces, and then STAY OUT OF THE STORE unless you NEED something! Try organizing your closet too. I find it much easier to find something to wear now that I'm down to one side of the closet with plenty of room to spare. You may even be able to organize a swap with some friends, we used to do a lot of borrowing back then, especially for dates!
pocomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 04:21 PM   #28
SpartanMommy
Mouseketeer

I am a couple years older than you but I buy most of my clothes at TJMaxx, Marshalls, Old Navy and Target. Sometimes Nordstroms Rack.
1999 - Disneyland
2006 - Mom's Birthday at ASM
2008 - Quick Family Trip

Planning:
Winter 2015- DD's First WDW Princess Trip! FW Cabins
Winter 2016- Mom's Birthday Bash?
SpartanMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 04:45 PM   #29
DisneyMomma81
DIS Veteran

I'm 31 and a mom of two - I like NY&Co and Maurice's
Earlier today I purchased a bunch of tops from Boscov's ~ mostly juniors *career tops and fashion tops*
I struggle with shopping ~ for years now most things *for me* are too young or too old.
DisneyMomma81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 04:57 PM   #30
Sam81
Mouseketeer

I'll have to ask my style team.
Sam81 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: