Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2013, 12:52 PM   #16
SpectroMagic*o*
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas

I think everything you have planned sounds great for the age of your children! You'll have a great time, good choices!

SpectroMagic*o* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 01:06 PM   #17
smiths02
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by paskitti View Post
I COMPLETELY AGREE with all of your comments regarding MBYBBQ. I was hesitant. I just wanted a dinner close to somewhere OPEN where the kids can run around and not be overstimulated ... at least for just one night. So what do you all think about this change:

1-Whispering Canyon (Dinner)
2-Be Our Guest (Dinner)
3-Trail's End (Dinner - then campfire program - so they can run)
4-Crystal Palace (Breakfast)
5-Kona or Ohana (Dinner - then movie on beach, then fireworks on beach)
6-Tusker House (Breakfast)
7-Cinderella's Royal Table (Breakfast)
8-Chef Mickey's (Breakfast)

Thoughts?!?!? THANKS SO MUCH!
You may be well aware of this but since you are newer to the boards...I was going to point out that you are using 9 TS credits if you are on the regular Dining Plan (and I believe you would have 7TS-1 per night of your stay)

We really enjoyed CP breakfast, Ohana dinner, and Tusker House breakfast. If you were thinking Kona over Ohana because of the kids choices...we were offered kid choices at Ohana dinner both times we went (our son likes the food though, so DH ended up eating the french fries )

With the breakfasts, we either like to have them before rope drop OR as a brunch (CP we did pre-park opening-8am on a day when MK opened at 9) (Tusker House we did around 9:30/10 on a day where AK had am EMH...we were full until dinner...another bonus is that my son loves breakfast food but doesn't want to eat first thing in the morning so he actually ate...I hear all the stories of paying so much for a character meal and the kid eats 3 grapes and a half a waffle!)
2003 (AKL), 2009 (AKL), 2011 (CBR- room), 2015 (AoA-Cars Suite)
smiths02 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-26-2013, 01:27 PM   #18
Wendy31
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I COMPLETELY AGREE with all of your comments regarding MBYBBQ. I was hesitant. I just wanted a dinner close to somewhere OPEN where the kids can run around and not be overstimulated ... at least for just one night. So what do you all think about this change:

2-Be Our Guest (Dinner)

I love it! I think it looks great, & you've made some wonderful choices for your children!

I think you'll have lots of fun on the night you visit Fort Wilderness for dinner at Trail's End & the campfire singalong! Fort Wilderness also has a beach area, & there are playgrounds (one is very close to the Trail's End restaurant). One thing to note - the boat will take you from the Wilderness Lodge to Fort Wilderness, & Trail's End is within walking distance of the boat dock. However, from Trail's End, if I'm remembering correctly, you will need to ride one of Fort Widerness's internal buses to get to the campfire. But there will be plenty of castmembers around to direct you! If you want to roast marshmallows at the campfire, you can either purchase some there or bring your own.

Oh, &, when you call to make your ADRs, make Be our Guest FIRST - it's the hardest one to get right now. If you can't get an ADR, remember you can always stop by for lunch.

If you choose 'Ohana over Kona, I would make your ADRs in the following order: Be our Guest, CRT, 'Ohana, Crystal Palace, Tusker House, Chef Mickey's, Whispering Canyon Café, Trail's End.

If you go w/ Kona, I'd make the ADRs in the this order: Be Our Guest, CRT, Crystal Palace, Tusker House, Chef Mickey's, Whispering Canyon Café, Kona, Trail's End.

(DH) (me) (DD, 14years) (DS, 13 years) (DS, 5 years)

Last edited by Wendy31; 03-26-2013 at 01:32 PM.
Wendy31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 01:29 PM   #19
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:

2-Be Our Guest (Dinner)

We stayed at the WL last month with our daughter, DSIL, and two grandchildren and 3 and 5. On your list, we ate at Tusker House for breakfast and WCC for breakfast (on our departure day). The Tusker House breakfast was great food. And the food was great. Do not drop this one from your list.

I really want to try Trail's End for their dinner buffet. It is supposed to be pretty good. And there is a really nice playground at Ft Wilderness for the kids. The boat ride was nice, too.

Next up: WL - Jan 24 to 29, 2015; YC - April 15 - 21, 2015
WL - Oct 22-27, 2014, YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973

Last edited by Wood Nymph; 03-26-2013 at 01:35 PM.
Wood Nymph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:58 AM   #20
paskitti
Earning My Ears

These are GREAT feedback posts! Thanks so much! Also ... we are paying OOP with TIW discount card. So the dining plan isn't a concern for us. Thanks for reminding me though! :-)
'95: Carribbean Beach
'97: Coronado Springs
'99: Downtown Disney
'00: Off-Property
'02: Downtown Disney
'04: Off-Property
'07: Pop Century
'13: Bay Lake Tower
October '13: Wilderness Lodge
paskitti is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: