Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2013, 12:21 PM   #1
lgskds
Earning My Ears

Smile Chill Spa

Has anyone had any recent experience with taking a child under the age of 13 to the Chill Spa. We are sailing on the Fantasy in 5 weeks!! and my daughter is 11 1/2, very mature, and very into makeup, skin care, etc. I would love to treat her to a facial on the boat, but not sure how accomodating they are. Any input would be helpful. I don't want to take her down there to see about scheduling an appt, and they turn us away, she would be quite disappointed! thanks so much!!
lgskds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 12:33 PM   #2
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgskds View Post
Has anyone had any recent experience with taking a child under the age of 13 to the Chill Spa. We are sailing on the Fantasy in 5 weeks!! and my daughter is 11 1/2, very mature, and very into makeup, skin care, etc. I would love to treat her to a facial on the boat, but not sure how accomodating they are. Any input would be helpful. I don't want to take her down there to see about scheduling an appt, and they turn us away, she would be quite disappointed! thanks so much!!
Well, as you know the ages are 13-17:

Chill Youth Spa on the Disney Fantasy is a plush spa designed exclusively for teen Guests ages 13 through 17 located on Deck 11, Forward inside the Senses Spa & Salon. Boasting a vast array of unique beauty services and treatments, Chill Youth Spa is the perfect retreat for teens looking to relax and revitalize while out at sea.

All you can do is ask once onboard. You need to either prepare her for the answer to be no, or just say, "we can't do it this trip" from the beginning.

HAL Alaska 2009;2012;PC 2013Carnival Baja 2014
DCL Magic May 2008 Panama Canal WB, Sep 2010 Med/WB TransAtlantic,
DCL Wonder Oct & Dec 2011 Mexico, Oct 2012 Hawaii

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-15-2013, 03:12 PM   #3
linetbo
Mouseketeer

My daughter and me has a mother and daughter massage, so nice.

linetbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 07:36 PM   #4
flexsmom

DIS Veteran

But ... I'm a DVC member!

When I went to the spa to make my own appointment, they solicited ME to have DD sign up for an appointment. I explained that she was only 12 (and barely that) but they said no problem and that I just needed to sign a waiver. So I tend to think the answer will be yes. Again - I did not ask.

The downside is that my now-14-year-old is hooked on facials. Then again, she's also diligent about cleansing her face thanks to having early intervention by a cute perky spa attendant with a cool accent who had perfect skin herself! Amazing how that seemed to sink in with DD!
flexsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 07:54 PM   #5
TrustMeMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by flexsmom
When I went to the spa to make my own appointment, they solicited ME to have DD sign up for an appointment. I explained that she was only 12 (and barely that) but they said no problem and that I just needed to sign a waiver. So I tend to think the answer will be yes. Again - I did not ask.

The downside is that my now-14-year-old is hooked on facials. Then again, she's also diligent about cleansing her face thanks to having early intervention by a cute perky spa attendant with a cool accent who had perfect skin herself! Amazing how that seemed to sink in with DD!
This was my experience as well in August 2011 with my dd, who was 11 1/2 at the time. She was however very tall and grown up looking for her age. I kept telling the attendant she was not old enough - bit they kept insisting it was fine. She had a blast and was hooked!
TrustMeMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:40 PM   #6
love280mickey
Mouseketeer

We were just on The Fantasy 3/30 sailing. My dd was turning 13 on April 6, the return day of our cruise.

I actually wanted to treat her to a Chill Spa treatment for her upcoming bday, took her to the Spa to make an appt and explained about her age. They told me the Manager would have to speak with her to see if she was mature enough. We did that, the Manager asked her a couple of questions and said ok. In the end, my dd can be a bit of a miser with money, so even as a gift, she didn't want to spend the money on a facial and said it was too much.
Old 04-16-2013, 10:17 PM   #7
maryliz
The Whoosh Fairy RULEs, the Bloat Fairy DROOLs!
(the tag fairy rules, too!)

Is there anywhere I can get a price list for the Chill Spa ahead of time? DD16 and her 2 friends that are on the same cruise are already asking about it. We are sailing on the Fantasy.

TIA

Me DH DD DS
maryliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:52 PM   #8
jilljill
Collects Disney men!
I had to go and write a novel didn't I?!
Come on over and join our thread

Location: 13-14½ hours drive from WDW - depending on who is driving (lol) OR 5 minutes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryliz View Post
Is there anywhere I can get a price list for the Chill Spa ahead of time? DD16 and her 2 friends that are on the same cruise are already asking about it. We are sailing on the Fantasy.

TIA
The listing is on DCL's website. Just look under Senses Spa and then under Chill Spa.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: