DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2013, 03:34 PM   #46
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

Maybe the RFID Magic Bands will allow locked gates at all pools. Granted people will still sneak in but it might cut down on some of the visitors.

Bill

disneynutz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 03:35 PM   #47
Sur
Love the Dis

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
I wish they would do a sweep every hour or so on the weekends!!
And they could just ask the ones not checked the hour prior... couldn't be THAT hard.
Sur is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-27-2013, 04:32 PM   #48
dcfromva

Disney Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvjw View Post
I personally don't see the excitement in pool hopping. We can barely get everything together and find the time to spend quality time in our resort pool, much less haul all of our stuff to another pool.
When we first joined it was a big deal to us. We loved staying at the Polynesian and DS loved the Volcano Pool. It made me sad to think that we would never be able to use the Volcano Pool at the Polynesian again if we were DVC members. But, DVC had an answer for this-- pool hopping. I guess it was a way to overcome an objection to owning DVC.

We have been members for 11 years and we have not pool hopped once. We first joined at BCV and SAB was a pretty good pool. Now that DS is an adult, we just don't hang out at the pool like when he was younger. So, it isn't that big of a deal anymore.
dcfromva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:04 AM   #49
CarolAnnC
Caught Smuggling Jello Shot Syringes From PI
Likes to shoot off her glock in chat
Goin' to the Chapel

I have been asked at the BWV main pool for my KTTW card and ID, no problem since I was staying there. I suspect there were some who were not guests, however.

Personally, I do not put pool hopping as a priority. We typically stay at a particular resort if we want to try the pool that much.
Old 03-28-2013, 02:28 PM   #50
pharmlivin
Mouseketeer

once at Vero...

seemed like some neighborhood kids (pre or young teens) were enjoying the pool. The lifeguard seemed to know they were not guests and said to me-"see those kids over there? I'm going to let them take one more ride down the slide then they are gone" She then rounded them up as they completed their final slide ride and showed them the gate. They were good kids and left without a fuss...I think she handled it perfectly. They got in a little fun in the pool and she did her job.
pharmlivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:44 PM   #51
nickspace
DIS Veteran

It sounds like your sister is acting out as a result of jealousy.

I wouldn't put them back on your reservation but let them know that they could make their own reservation in their own name if they want to come. They probable won't do that but that would give you an amicable out. If they do come you will have some independence.

Everyone needs space especially in strained relationships.

nickspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 07:14 PM   #52
Shawn
Oregon DVC Member of VWL

This is a blessing. You figured out far in advance that this could have been a drama filled vacation. Tell your sister you lover her, but are doing your own thing for vacations.

• 2013 Paradise Pier Disneyland Dec 21-27 (6th trip DH, DW, DD1, DGD1, DSIL1)
  • 2011 VWL Dec 17-24 (5th trip DD2, DD3, DGD1)
  • 2009 Grand Californian Dec 5-12 (4th trip DD2, DD3)
  • 2007 VWL First DW Trip Dec 15-21 (3rd trip DD2, DD3, 1st trip DGD1)
  • 2006 Disney 50th Celebration DLH May 13 - 19 (2nd trip DD2, DD3)
  • 2004 Disney Christmas at DLH Dec 21 - 26 (1st trip DD2, DD3)
Shawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 04:14 PM   #53
lodgelady
DIS Veteran

Warning!!

Checking first with the front desk can backfire!
We did that when trying to hop to the BWV pool (we were staying on points at OKW). The mgr on duty had never heard of pool hopping for DVC! She was not very interested in learning about it either. I think we were the first ones to follow the rule about checking at the desk first. She told us we could not use the pool, so we had to get into a long discussion, phone calls, etc. etc..... just what ya wanna spend your vacation doing
My advice is to use your good sense. If the pool is crammed with guests- maybe it is not the day to pool-hop even if you have a right to do so.

lodgelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 04:20 PM   #54
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger2ntinkerbell View Post
SpicyCat,

I won't lose my DVC for anyone, family member or not.
If she wants to do something without me being around ,how would I lose my membership??.
I told her it's not allowed, if she goes ahead with her HD and does it, she is told to leave. I should not lose my membership because of her actions.

And were all at the same hotel. I have all ready told her to make her own plans ,because We already have thing plan. She was fine with this, but the pool hopping set her off.

tigger2ntinkerbell
disney would never take away your DVC - unless you did something. So don't even worry about it.

say your sister would blame you if she got kicked out of her planned pool hopping.

sorry did not make myself clear.

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 05:05 PM   #55
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Personally I just wish they would do away with it completely.

Nothing fair about it.

Not fair to DVC members staying at BWV that can't hop to BVC but they can.

Or VWL members who can't hop to BLT, but they can.

It should be open at all pools or not at all, and I definitely do not think it is fair to the paying resort guest.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 11:07 PM   #56
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lodgelady View Post
We did that when trying to hop to the BWV pool (we were staying on points at OKW). The mgr on duty had never heard of pool hopping for DVC! She was not very interested in learning about it either. I think we were the first ones to follow the rule about checking at the desk first. She told us we could not use the pool, so we had to get into a long discussion, phone calls, etc. etc..... just what ya wanna spend your vacation doing
Seems someone could have asked for a Portable Perks and opened it to the pool hopping page for her.

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently maintaining 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 12:15 AM   #57
DVCJones
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssawka
Good luck! We invited my parents to stay at BLT a couple years ago. They did come with us, but after that experience I will not be inviting any more family members. I don't know what it is about family, but as soon as you tell them that you have DVC and invite them on a trip with you, they begin to have a feeling of entitlement.
Isn't that the truth!!!

I took family with us a few times and each time it ruined my vacation. The last time was a horror show!! So much so, my DH and I have vowed to never do it again!!!
Old 04-28-2013, 02:44 AM   #58
brertoad
DIS Veteran

I think you handled everything better than most people would handle it because your sister was aggravating the issue (A NON-ISSUE in most rational minds). When you said that pool-hopping is permitted according to DVC guidelines based on if you are staying on DVC points and during such and such dates, she acted like it was you telling her that she can't do it just because you felt like bursting her bubble. You aren't the one who made the rules. This lack of comprehension and childish reaction shows a complete lack of maturity and logic. My brother often times will fly off the handle in a rage, and it's usually just because he doesn't listen or doesn't understand.

I for one, would be very happy to not have to deal with -- All That Mess -- on vacation. Your DH sounds like a great guy for sticking up for you and drawing a line there for the future. You don't want to be around that negativity.

I hate that people sneak into the pools, it's incredible trashy and dishonest. I cringed when I read about the person whose aunt stays off-site and then goes to WL to swim. Ugh. It's funny because Disney would prosecute theft in any other capacity, if you took something from a shop they would arrest you. But if you "steal" pool use nothing happens???? That just doesn't make sense. I think they don't enforce it because it would disturb people who legitimately have the right to there. Best possibly way to eliminate it, would be to add gates or security like at Yacht Club/Beach Club pool.

Me & DH
brertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 09:49 AM   #59
jerivera
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger2ntinkerbell View Post
To say the least, I was upset yesterday after talking to her, but my hubby reminded me that she has always takes things the wrong way. And said we are still going to have a great time.

With that said, my brother In-Law just called and talk to my DH(). When I asked him what that was all about, he said that we will never go on any more vacation with us, end of subject, And that my sister has been put on notice.

My brother in-law apologized again about her out burst. My DH told him thank you, but your still not going with us.
Sometimes I could just kiss that man.

So to all of you that helped me with this emotionally drama, THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart, you guys "ROCK"

tigger2ntinkerbell
Kudos to your hubby. I've had family "join" us several times when they find out we're going to Disney. I've found that it can be a headache. Just trying to decide the park to go to each day, hotel to stay, where we'll make dining reservations, what time to go to the parks, are we still following the plan, did they wake up, can we go to breakfast now or are we still waiting... it's added stress to what was supposed to be a fun relaxing vacation with your immediate family.

I'm with the "if you want to go, make your own plans" crowd. That way everyone has their own dining reservation, their own schedule, their own hotel room (hopefully not next to yours), their own plans, and we can just meet @ parks or for a meal here and there when we're all in same park so the kids can play/hang, even as we follow our own plans during the day. The few days we've managed this have been the best for us. We get to do more, and enjoy more time with our girls.

jerivera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 02:56 PM   #60
Dean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lodgelady View Post
My advice is to use your good sense. If the pool is crammed with guests- maybe it is not the day to pool-hop even if you have a right to do so.
That's the rule in place so honest people are stuck with it. Just show them the portable perks info.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: