DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-24-2013, 10:08 PM   #16
NHTikiBeckie
DIS Veteran

You handled it well, not sure I would have been able to! She is out of line and sounds like you'll have a better trip without her anyway! Like previous posters, I don't get the appeal of pool hopping at all anyway. It's not worth you getting in trouble for certainly.

Disney World videos I made!

http://vimeo.com/7316001 (MGM & Animal Kingdom)

http://vimeo.com/7315073 (Epcot)

http://vimeo.com/7316111 (Magic Kingdom)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjHXWMp1uhI (Christmas and Fun outside the parks)
NHTikiBeckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 11:06 PM   #17
ssawka
DIS Veteran

Good luck! We invited my parents to stay at BLT a couple years ago. They did come with us, but after that experience I will not be inviting any more family members. I don't know what it is about family, but as soon as you tell them that you have DVC and invite them on a trip with you, they begin to have a feeling of entitlement.

Please show your support for GKTW!

"A man should never neglect his family for business." -W. Disney

"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." -W. Disney

"Adults are only kids grown up..." -W. Disney

(Me) (DW) (DD 12)

ssawka is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-25-2013, 06:41 AM   #18
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

She opted out of a trip to WDW because she couldn't pool hop??? Seriously? That's just nutty. Pool hopping is not something I want to do anyway....especially in Dec!!!! I might think about it in August when it's too dang hot to be in the parks all day, but Dec? Not a chance.
I think she was looking for an excuse.
Old 03-25-2013, 06:47 AM   #19
AmyB2006
I'd rather be in Disney!

I give you a lot of credit. People that react like this are like children, constantly testing you to see how you'll react and to see if they can control your actions with their ridiculous behavior. I have no patience for that nonsense.

You handled it well, sounds like, and I would stick to your guns when she calls back. Because she will. You know that.

AmyB2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:04 AM   #20
MinnieLee
DIS Veteran

If she is like this about pool hopping, what is going to happen if it is a restaurant or park that she doesn't want to go. I feel sorry for you that you had to be in the position of laying the "DVC law" down to her but it is what it is. You pay dues for your DVC upkeep. If would be YOUR fault if she was asked to leave the pool area and then fireworks would really start.

When she cools down and sees that she is cutting off her nose to spite her face for cancelling altogether, you have to think about do you want her bck on your reservation.

You handled it correctly and good luck.

MinnieLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:23 AM   #21
Ln42
Mouseketeer

Good boundries = great trip!

Good for you for quickly removing her from the reservation as she requested. I would not be taking anyone who called me a ***** whether it was my family or not. I cannot imagine trying to travel with someone who throws a temper tantrum over pool hopping....as a guest!

Have a great time when you go!

[ ]

'04 Polynesian'05 Poly...'06 Poly...'07 Poly...'07 Pop... '08 DCL Eastern Carribean... '09 AKV Jambo...'10 First Visit Home! AKV-K/BCV...'11 AKV-K..'12VWL/VERO/OKW..'13 AKV-K..'13 Aulani
Ln42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:30 AM   #22
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger2ntinkerbell View Post
Just got off the phone with my sister(wow that didn't go well). She said because I was being such a *****, that they are now not coming with us.
I held my temper and said I was not being a *****, it's just the rules of DVC. I have emailed her the section(My DH found it in the rules) to her,so the ball is in her court.
I have also called the Hotel and changed the # of people on the reservation(she told me in not so nice words, I was to MOVE her and her DH from the reservation).
If she calls me back (which she will) in the next week of so ,about added them back on the reservation, I'm simple going to tell her(very nicely) that she will have to make her own reservations.
Thanks to all for your advice.

tigger2ntinkerbell
Just because she is your sister, doesn't mean that she is your friend.

Just because you were brought up in the same house, doesn't mean that you both have the same set of values, people change.

Bill

disneynutz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:34 AM   #23
Ln42
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynutz View Post

Just because you were brought up in the same house, doesn't mean that you both have the same set of values, people change.

Bill

I could not agree more Bill.

[ ]

'04 Polynesian'05 Poly...'06 Poly...'07 Poly...'07 Pop... '08 DCL Eastern Carribean... '09 AKV Jambo...'10 First Visit Home! AKV-K/BCV...'11 AKV-K..'12VWL/VERO/OKW..'13 AKV-K..'13 Aulani
Ln42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:48 AM   #24
Chuck S
DVC Boards Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynutz View Post

True words of wisdom.

In this world there are rule followers and rule breakers. One traveling with the other would make for an unpleasant trip for both.

Some of the nastiest, longest lasting feuds are between family members. My Mom's younger sister wouldn't speak to Mom for the last 25 years of her life, even though Mom would call her occasionally. Her family didn't even let Mom know that her sister had died. This sisters child, my only first cousin and my closest living relative, has not spoken to me in 33 years.

This pool hopping thing may be the tip of the iceberg between these two sisters. If the sister feels entitled to pool hop because the other is a DVC Member, the solution would be for the owner to tell the non-owner to buy their own membership and they can then interpret the rules of use however they please.

DVC Member at OKW since 1992
Chuck S is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:54 AM   #25
Tigger2ntinkerbell
DIS Veteran

To say the least, I was upset yesterday after talking to her, but my hubby reminded me that she has always takes things the wrong way. And said we are still going to have a great time.

With that said, my brother In-Law just called and talk to my DH(). When I asked him what that was all about, he said that we will never go on any more vacation with us, end of subject, And that my sister has been put on notice.

My brother in-law apologized again about her out burst. My DH told him thank you, but your still not going with us.
Sometimes I could just kiss that man.

So to all of you that helped me with this emotionally drama, THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart, you guys "ROCK"

tigger2ntinkerbell
Tigger2ntinkerbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:30 AM   #26
Sur
Love the Dis

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolMN View Post
DVC members that are not staying on points at a DVC resort, are not entitled to pool hop. That is policy.

Posts that encouraged the violation of that policy have been deleted.
I'm not trying to be a smart guy by asking this, but if a violation of policy is deleted about pool hopping, why is gaining monetarily for (selling) point tranfers allowed? That's a violation of policy too.
Sur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 11:08 AM   #27
WebmasterDoc
Administrator

DISboards Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sur View Post
I'm not trying to be a smart guy by asking this, but if a violation of policy is deleted about pool hopping, why is gaining monetarily for (selling) point tranfers allowed? That's a violation of policy too.
If you see posts offering to transfer DVC points for money on this or any of the other DIS discussion forums, please use the "Report this post" function at the lower left. You are correct, they are not allowed.

Offers to transfer points are only allowed on the DVC Rent/Trade Board (which is not a discussion forum) and are transactions between private parties.

Great question, thanks for asking.
Old 03-25-2013, 01:38 PM   #28
dsneygirl
My little pirate is here
The mixed drinks always tasted yummy to me

My DH's aunt is in Orlando this week staying at a Days Inn or something in LBV. She called today to tell us she spent yesterday at the pool at WL and then had to leave because of a storm. DH and I are cringing inside (she does this all the time, stays somewhere else and 1 of her days is spent "hanging at the WL pool") but it is just not worth the fight.

I am secretly hoping one time a CM asks and then we won't have to deal with it.
FW 1980, 1984, 1988, DxL 1992, Canada Pavillon CM July 1997-July 1998, (Met DH at the BeaverTails shack) Off site Feb 1999 Engaged at Cindy's Sept 2000, DL GC Feb 2001, POFQ Sept 2001, Poly June 2002, Off site March 2003, FW Hallowe'en 2003, GF Xmas 2003, DisneyLand Oct 2004, FW May 2005 Joined DVC June 2005 SSR Oct 2005, OKW Dec 2005, DLH Mar 2006,DS's 1st Trip BCV & CBR Oct 2006, VWL & POR Dec 2006, BCV & POR May 2007, BWV & ASM Aug 2007, SSR Oct 2007 VWL Dec 2007, AKL/VWL Sept 2008, March 2009 Pop/BCV, Disney Wonder and AKV/BCV May 2009, AKL/VWL Sept 2009, OKW Dec 2009,Mar 2010 Disney Wonder and BLT, May 2010 AKL, Aug 2010 VWL/BCV,Dec 2010 AKL, Feb 2011 Disney Dream/VWL, May 2011 BLT, Sept 2011 VGC, Oct 2011 SSR, Aulani June 2012, BCV/VWL Sept 2012, AKV/BLT Sept 2013, Dec 2013 VWL/DisneyDream, Nov 2014 VGC
(me)(DH)(DS 7) (DS 2)

dsneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 01:46 PM   #29
DisneyElite4
Mouseketeer

What do you do when you know someone is pool hopping, notify a lifeguard, and then nothing happens? We have been at the pools in the past when we have overheard families talking about going back to their resort soon (a different one than the one they are currently swimming at). We have notified lifeguards who just kind of shrug or act like they are going to take care of it - and nothing. The family stays put. It can be very frustrating.

August 2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge ~ October 2006: Beach Club ~ November 2006: Walt Disney World Swan Hotel ~ February 2007: Boardwalk Resort ~ March 2007: Animal Kingdom Lodge ~ April 2007: Saratoga Springs Resort ~ August 2007: Old Key West Resort ~ September 2007: Saratoga Springs Resort ~ February 2008: All Star Movies ~ March 2008: Animal Kingdom Lodge ~ April 2008: Saratoga Springs Resort ~ July 2008: Saratoga Springs Resort ~ November 2008: Port Orleans French Quarter ~ April 2009: Port Orleans French Quarter ~ June 2009: Disney Wedding/Grand Floridian Resort ~ March 2010: Pop Century Resort ~ August 2010: Royal Pacific Resort ~ October 2010: Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village ~ June 2011: Grand Californian Resort ~ October 2011: Old Key West Resort ~ December 2013: Wilderness Lodge Villas
DisneyElite4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 02:14 PM   #30
LaurenT
DIS Veteran

Wow... I didn't even know I could do this!
I've always wondered what the pool at the Poly is like. I'm going to be at AKL...if I have a free day, is it worth checking out? Or is the pool at Jambo better anyway?

Anniversary May 2013 at the Swan
: Mommy & Me July 2013 offsite
The Whole Gang August 2013 AKL
1st Family trip to UO August 2013 RPH
LaurenT is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: