DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-24-2013, 04:58 PM   #1
Tigger2ntinkerbell
DIS Veteran

Unhappy VENT - about my sister and Pool Hopping

Last night I was out to dinner with family members and we were talking about our trip in Dec(their coming with us), My sister tells her DH that we get to pool hop while at Disney. they are not DVC members(we are).

I told her hubby that is not possible because we are not staying at any of the Resorts at WDW. And if we were staying on property than we can( if allowed and no black out dates).
My sister gets very upset with me, and tells me that her "friend" is a DVC member and they do it all the time. I told her as nice as I could, that we would not be pool hopping.
Was it wrong for me to tell her no??. As I understood it you can only pool hop "IF" you are staying on property. Was I out of line.
I still can't understand why she got sooo upset . If I'm wrong I'll let her know she was right and I was wrong.

Could someone let me know, as we are still new in DVC , and don't have ALL the rules down pat. TIA

tigger2ntinkerbell
Thanks for letting me blow off some steam

Last edited by Tigger2ntinkerbell; 03-24-2013 at 05:47 PM.
Tigger2ntinkerbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 05:08 PM   #2
cvjw
DIS Veteran

We have been asked for ID at the OKW pool - and a room ID is a must at BCV. I personally don't see the excitement in pool hopping. We can barely get everything together and find the time to spend quality time in our resort pool, much less haul all of our stuff to another pool.
cvjw is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-24-2013, 05:11 PM   #3
Tigger2ntinkerbell
DIS Veteran

If were not staying at WDW, it just doesn't seem right to pool hop if your not a guess . At my other timeshare, If you not a registered guess you are not allowed to use the pool(I know it's different for owners)or anything else.
Even though I still feel uncomfortable about it. I just simple tell her if her and her DH want to pool hop go ahead. This way every one can do what they want.

tigger2ntinkerbell
Old 03-24-2013, 05:15 PM   #4
DenLo
DIS Veteran

The OP is correct pool hopping is available only to DVC members staying on property.

And good for you for telling your sister the rules and sticking to your guns.

DenLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 05:18 PM   #5
CarolMN
DVC Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

DVC members that are not staying on points at a DVC resort, are not entitled to pool hop. That is policy.

Posts that encouraged the violation of that policy have been deleted.

BWV - Early Morning on May 2, 2008

Last edited by CarolMN; 03-24-2013 at 05:25 PM.
CarolMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 05:21 PM   #6
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger2ntinkerbell View Post
Even though I still feel uncomfortable about it. I just simple tell her if her and her DH want to pool hop go ahead. This way every one can do what they want.

tigger2ntinkerbell
no because when she gets kicked out - it will be your fault.

they can only pool hop if staying at DVC resort on points. sounds like you are staying in an offsite timeshare or hotel - then you or her can't go pool hopping at WDW.

now you can do what I do - get a studio for one night during your stay - that will allow pool hopping for 2 days. Not to mention EMH....

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 05:26 PM   #7
BWV Dreamin
DIS Veteran

My problem is with the Boardwalk pool (main). It is open to a main roadway and we personally witnessed people walking over to use the pool. Came right out and said they were not staying at ANY hotel. Just using the pool. Now what do you say to that? Why can't they enclose the pool at Boardwalk? One of the reasons we sold.

BWV Dreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 05:39 PM   #8
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWV Dreamin View Post
My problem is with the Boardwalk pool (main). It is open to a main roadway and we personally witnessed people walking over to use the pool. Came right out and said they were not staying at ANY hotel. Just using the pool. Now what do you say to that? Why can't they enclose the pool at Boardwalk? One of the reasons we sold.
in that case you either call security or a lifeguard and tell them.

you just are not as rude as me....

would expect this more often since SLB is cut off - BWV is the next pool - because S&D already require you to be guest to use their pools

would point out the sign that says that this pool is only for guests staying here.
have done that one too.

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 05:45 PM   #9
Tigger2ntinkerbell
DIS Veteran

SpicyCat,

I won't lose my DVC for anyone, family member or not.
If she wants to do something without me being around ,how would I lose my membership??.
I told her it's not allowed, if she goes ahead with her HD and does it, she is told to leave. I should not lose my membership because of her actions.

And were all at the same hotel. I have all ready told her to make her own plans ,because We already have thing plan. She was fine with this, but the pool hopping set her off.

tigger2ntinkerbell
Old 03-24-2013, 06:02 PM   #10
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Do you have the latest edition of Disney Files. It is on page 14, let her read it for herself.

Quote: Pool Hopping: Whenever you're using your Membership to stay at a Disney Vacation Club Resort at the Walt Disney World Resort or at Disney's Vero Beach Resort, ................

It is also on the Member Website under member perks for Disney World:

When staying on your Membership at any Disney Vacation Club Resort at the Walt Disney World Resort or Disney’s Vero Beach Resort, you and any Guests staying with you are permitted to use most of the other Disney Vacation Club and Walt Disney World Resort hotel pools (in addition to the pool at the resort hotel at which you are staying) if they are not at capacity. If the pool you are visiting reaches capacity, you may be asked to leave in order to accommodate Guests of that resort hotel.

Please check with a host or hostess at the front desk of the resort you wish to visit before you go to find out about pool-access availability. You must present your current Key to the World Card with your “DVC Member” designation on it to use the other resort hotel pools.

Pool hopping is not available at Bay Cove Pool at Bay Lake Tower at
Disney’s Contemporary Resort, Uzima Pool and Samawati Springs Pool at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge, Stormalong Bay at Disney’s Yacht &
Beach Club Resorts, the leisure pool at Disney’s Beach Club Villas, and the pools at Disney’s Art of Animation Resort. There are no exceptions to this policy.
Resort hotel pools may become unavailable from time to time due to capacity limitations. Due to the high occupancy that is expected, you and
any Guests staying with you may not pool hop during the dates listed on the next page.

Last edited by Sammie; 03-24-2013 at 06:08 PM.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 06:14 PM   #11
Tigger2ntinkerbell
DIS Veteran

Just got off the phone with my sister(wow that didn't go well). She said because I was being such a *****, that they are now not coming with us.
I held my temper and said I was not being a *****, it's just the rules of DVC. I have emailed her the section(My DH found it in the rules) to her,so the ball is in her court.
I have also called the Hotel and changed the # of people on the reservation(she told me in not so nice words, I was to MOVE her and her DH from the reservation).
If she calls me back (which she will) in the next week of so ,about added them back on the reservation, I'm simple going to tell her(very nicely) that she will have to make her own reservations.
Thanks to all for your advice.

tigger2ntinkerbell
Old 03-24-2013, 06:22 PM   #12
LoriKutchey
DIS Veteran

I personally think you will be better off with her out of the picture
At the very least she is being totally unreasonable. Hope your vacation will be magical
LoriKutchey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 06:25 PM   #13
dbs1228
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvjw View Post
I personally don't see the excitement in pool hopping. We can barely get everything together and find the time to spend quality time in our resort pool, much less haul all of our stuff to another pool.
I am so with you on this! I do not have the energy to leave my resort just to go to another pool - if I am having a pool day I want to be close to my room just in case I may need a nap or something like that!

dbs1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 07:14 PM   #14
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I still can't understand why she got sooo upset .
Because sisters have interesting relationships, and you are telling her that her friend is either a liar or a sneak. Or that your sister misunderstood, which, if my years of watching sisters interact (my own sister is 25 years younger than me and we rarely see each other, so even though I have one I don't really have a sisterly relationship) is the equivalent of you saying that she's stupid, ugly, and smells funny. Any way you cut it, she definitely heard it in a way other than how you meant it.

Quote:
Just got off the phone with my sister(wow that didn't go well). She said because I was being such a B****, that they are now not coming with us.
I held my temper and said I was not being a B****, it's just the rules of DVC.
Ah, sisters.... Of course, I once tried to stop an argument between a friend and her sister, they didn't appreciate it, and turned on ME.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 09:34 PM   #15
amypetecar
DIS Veteran

Sounds like you handled it well. Yes, you could pool hop and maybe get away with it..... But simply explain you are not comfortable breaking the rules. I mean seriousy, is it worth the risk of being thrown out?
amypetecar is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: