Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-2013, 06:42 AM   #31
mrsbornkuntry
I'm worried about raccoons
I carry a diaper

I got my "nerds" different Rubik's cube versions from Amazon. They also like the metal brainteasers from Cracker Barrel. I got them very inexpensive armbands for their ipod touches to use when they walk the dogs, but I had actually ordered them for Christmas and they came late since they were coming from China.

Beret...$15.00
Boots..$135.00
Having them HOME
on the floor....
PRICELESS
mrsbornkuntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 01:05 PM   #32
la79al
DIS Veteran

My 11 year old stepdaughter is getting a week of summer camp. She would get it regardless but it's easier to put the pamphlet in her basket and not worry about what else to get her. For OPs DD, what about some healthier snacks for while your DD is reading (flavored sunflower seeds, apple chips, etc).
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-25-2013, 03:39 PM   #33
pocomom
Brr.....

Such GREAT ideas guys! I'm actually writing them down for next year's stocking, too!
I went ahead and got Smencils, Rainbow Colored Gel pens, and the Wreck this Journal, some trail mix she likes that has a little chocolate, but heart healthy nuts too, and I'll do an Itunes gift card. I also ordered the Fablehaven series as a just because gift. Thanks, now her basket will have some heft to it without breaking the bank!
Can I just say I love Amazon too. I just looked up everybodies sugggestions, ordered what worked and they will be here tomorrow, and now I'm done!
pocomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:20 AM   #34
lukenick1
DIS Veteran

What about boys? Mine are 9 & 12
2009 Mariott Cypress Harbor
2012 AKL Villas
All thanks to my BFF!!!!!

lukenick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:50 AM   #35
monorailsilver
DIS Veteran

I have an 11 yo dd (she will be 12 in may).

I have to say this is the hardest Easter basket yet. I don't want to give her toys because she is in that in between stage.

What I did get her besides the usual candy is nail polish, this thing that dyes a strip of your hair (I think I got her pink)! Nail polish. Mueller bracelets-think 89s Madonna-ok I got them for me! A few baretts/hair clips.

A range of activity books-drawing, math, brainy puzzles since we are driving to Florida the 2nd week of April.

I did get her one toy-it has a ball attached to a string and you have to get it in the cup.

Lips smackers since she is always losing her current supply of it.

Some scrap booking stickers and stamps

I think that is it but I do thinking need to get her one or two more things to even out what she got to her brother and sister.

Oh yeah, I need to get her silly string. I got some for my ds but I think my girls will be po'd if they don't get one too.
June 1975 Golf Resort & Polynesian August 1977 DL off site April 1990 WDW off site May 1981 Polynesian July-August 1985 Polynesian July-August 1987 Polynesian/Floridian July-August 1990 Beach Club May 1994 All Star Sports/Polynesian June 1995 Wilderness Lodge/Dixie Landings February 1997 off site/Wilderness Lodge March-April 1999 Engagement Trip February 2000 Polynesian August 2002 Polynesian July 2005 Polynesian August 2008 Polynesian August 2013 Polynesian and I think there were a few more trips here & there but I have lost track.
monorailsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 10:44 AM   #36
dislovr
Mouseketeer

This year is my first time making an easter basket! I made one for my 4 month old "nephew." I think im going to make it an annual tradition to put a bathing suit in his basket. It is perfect for the upcoming spring/summer. Besides that i put a stuffed animal, swim shirt, hawaiian shirt with shorts, sun glasses, a teether and a football. It looks so cute in the basket together!
I also did one for my huband. Includes just his 2 favorite candy...cadburry eggs and jelly beans, gum, mints, 2 shirts from Eddie Bauer and gift cards for some of his favorite restaruants in Lake Buena Vista and Orlando for our up coming trip!

dislovr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 12:55 PM   #37
LisaInNc
Succulent Wild Woman

I went to Claires when they had a 10 for 10.00 sale and I plan on putting a lot of the little goodies in eggs for my 12 year old.

Lisa
LisaInNc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 01:27 PM   #38
FLLDYTRKR
Earning My Ears

Movie tickets would be fun to add. Low dollar amount GC to Mickey D's Burger King ect...

Do you have an arcade near by???Get some tokens to play the games.

Funky keychains..kids love to hang them off backpacks.
FLLDYTRKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 02:22 PM   #39
Pesky
"Who's the monkey?!"

Lots of great ideas that I'm going to stash for when mine are older! Some other things to think about:

* DVDs -- think fun and even old school. Old musical or Anne of Green Gables PBS series
* Pocket disc -- knit frisbee that is fantastic, easily portable and she can play with her friends and the younger kids without anyone getting hurt
* art stuff -- good pencils and sketch pad; polymer clay that you can bake in the oven (we made mini fruits and vegetables for the fairy garden out of it)
* books -- Kingdom Keepers, Magician series, Black Cauldron series; you could also think more classic and see if she likes them.
* other foodstuffs are always a great idea. Favorite tea, wasabi peas, etc.
* gardening stuff -- the kids have a small fairy garden going that we are expanding and we got some stuff for that.
* summer stuff -- pool toy, sunglasses, flip flops (Gap has some super fun ones), beach towel
* nail polish, lotion, shower gel, orange sticks, emery boards/nail buffer (you can usually find some fun ones for cheap)
* hair stuff -- brush, clips, hair bands, etc.
* summer PJs
* mug
* picture frame
* game(s) -- Skip Bo, character Uno (they have a Harry Potter version, just check your local big box or TRU), Bananagrams, Sumoku, etc.

DH, the Disney doubter Me DD6 DS4
DLR Plan #2!: Coming soon to a DLR near you
WDW Plan: October 2016 (so very, very far away )
Pesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 02:47 PM   #40
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

I usually get list of little stuff...this year a few Angry bird things and a video game each.
Old 03-26-2013, 07:21 PM   #41
java
I am embracing the Turkey Butt
We have the mentally insane lab and the incredibly flatulent Bulldog
I'm the mean wife

I just sent a box to my son(college) full of candy to share and a card. In it I puta Steam gift card. Found at Target. They also had Google play gift cards. I also sent those single serve Nutella things with the breadsticks.

My little guys are each getting a 3ds game Toysrus had buyone get one40 off. Then for little stuff, Lego guys, smelly stickers, mine craft swords if they come in time. Pinky balls because there can never be enough balls.

My daughter teen wanted monsters Inc. And some hair stuff. We have been on a nail kick and overdid it. I am also going to use myViggle points to get her a Sephora gift card. Oh and Nutella.
java is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:46 PM   #42
lukenick1
DIS Veteran

Ok I just went to Walmart and this is what I got for each boy.

Goldfish crackers, underwear, flip flops, bandaids, toothbrushes, candy, plastic eggs that I will fill with jelly beans, a can of chef boyardee ravioli (I never let them eat that), gushers, gum, and thats it! Since when do Easter baskets contain high price items? When I was a kid we only got candy. No offense but Easter has gotten way out of hand
2009 Mariott Cypress Harbor
2012 AKL Villas
All thanks to my BFF!!!!!

lukenick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:00 PM   #43
squirrel
DIS Veteran

Here's a fun thing the kids can make:

Rice Krispie Eggs. Make a batch of Rice Krispies and put them inside the plastic eggs. You can add in some M&M's, Reeces Pieces or Smarties (Canadians only-those hard sour candies wouldn't taste very good) in the middle if you wish.

They make a nice treat without being more chocolate.

I always give my nieces and my nephew 1 candy item and then something like bubbles, chalk, etc. This year they are getting some summer clothes. I got a great deal on some swim shorts for my nephew that came with a tank top and I made dresses for the nieces. They get plenty of candy from the grandparents and parents.
WDW (Pop) Sept. 5-19 2008 Free Dining
WDW (Pop) Oct. 1-15 2009 Free Dining
WDW (Pop) Sept. 30-Oct. 14 2010 Free Dining
WDW (Pop-BC) Sept. 29-Oct. 13 2011 Free Dining
Wonder and DLR (BWPPI) Sept. 10-20 2012
Wonder and DLR (DI&S) Sept. 9-21 2013
squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 02:33 PM   #44
kkandaj
No longer a lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukenick1 View Post
Ok I just went to Walmart and this is what I got for each boy.

Goldfish crackers, underwear, flip flops, bandaids, toothbrushes, candy, plastic eggs that I will fill with jelly beans, a can of chef boyardee ravioli (I never let them eat that), gushers, gum, and thats it! Since when do Easter baskets contain high price items? When I was a kid we only got candy. No offense but Easter has gotten way out of hand
Same here--my budget is $20 total for both kids combined. They will get a few eggs with candy in them, a small spring toy from the dollar store and a few eggs with quarters in them. My kids have WAY too much crap anyway. Our Easter Bunny isn't huge and can't carry big baskets full of big gifts. Just like our Santa Claus can't bring live pets because they would get loose in his sleigh.

My kids will also get easter baskets from grandparents, 2 sets of great-grandparents, and aunts. Seriously--its complete overload and most of it ends up being thrown away within a couple of months.
Old 03-27-2013, 03:38 PM   #45
lucyem
DIS Veteran

I have two boys (7 & 10) and Easter for us is always very small. We have purposefully kept it that way. Fun toothbrush, mini chocolate bunny, peeps, jelly beans in plastic eggs for a mini easter egg hunt, and a small outside toy. This year we are even skipping the basket. Last year at Michaels I found these really big plastic eggs on sale after Easter. They came in a set of three and the largest is 12" tall. Everything will be in plastic eggs and part of the egg hunt.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: