Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-2013, 06:50 PM   #16
Princess Olivia
DIS Veteran

I really want to eat at the castle with my teen daughter and mom, so I am in April . I realize paying $160 for three adults to eat breakfast is insane but sort of one of those "priceless" things for people who love Disney.

However, at that price if I want some fruit and granola with my French toast I won't be shy about asking!
Old 03-25-2013, 07:08 PM   #17
fowler619
Earning My Ears

Eating at CRT

It is priceless. I have a reservation to take my 3 year old granddaughter in September with my 8 year old granddaughter who has been to CRT 4 years ago.There is nothing like eating at Cinderella's Castle. It is a dream come true. You will not go away hungry.Two years ago when we went we did not visit CRT. Our then 6 year old granddaughter was into the CARS movie. This is a girls reservation. I do not think you will regret CRT. No other princess meal compares.
fowler619 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-25-2013, 09:50 PM   #18
juliebug1997
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Olivia View Post
I really want to eat at the castle with my teen daughter and mom, so I am in April . I realize paying $160 for three adults to eat breakfast is insane but sort of one of those "priceless" things for people who love Disney.

However, at that price if I want some fruit and granola with my French toast I won't be shy about asking!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowler619 View Post
It is priceless. I have a reservation to take my 3 year old granddaughter in September with my 8 year old granddaughter who has been to CRT 4 years ago.There is nothing like eating at Cinderella's Castle. It is a dream come true. You will not go away hungry.Two years ago when we went we did not visit CRT. Our then 6 year old granddaughter was into the CARS movie. This is a girls reservation. I do not think you will regret CRT. No other princess meal compares.
It is expensive, but so worth it. I didn't get to take my mother there before she died and I just know she would have loved it. IMHO, I think it's something that every girl should experience once in her life. Have fun!!!!

Commando #137 at your service!
juliebug1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 11:13 PM   #19
mjtm610
Mouseketeer

Good Luck!
We were with a party of 5 adults and 2 kids last November. We didn't even get what we ordered the first go round. My breakfast never came. However, a server came by and said he had an "extra" eggs with sausage, did I want it?
I took it because everyone at my table was almost finished.....and I didn't see anyone coming out with more plates. We asked for ketchup.......we got that after we were finished with breakfast. I don't know if it was because we were a larger group.......One server took our order....someone else brought drinks, several other servers brought out the plates of breakfast. We tried to "grab" whoever came by......no luck. I left hungry, so did my husband.
On the plus side.....the interaction was wonderful. The kids LOVED it!!!
Good Luck!
mjtm610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:28 AM   #20
sabcook
Mouseketeer

We ate there as a party of 5 in December and had no problem with this. All my DS wanted to eat were the cinnamon rolls and when we asked for more the server immediately brought him a plate piled high with them (he was thrilled). I had the french toast and was too full to ask for more but my husband had two different dishes (the steak and the crepes, I think) and the server was completely gracious about it. I think that the best thing you can do is be forthright in your expectations - once the server knows that you know how it works they seem fine with it.
As with any dining experience, if I wasn't getting the service I expected (requests for more being ignored, etc.) I wouldn't have any hesitation about politely inquiring of the manager the best way to resolve the problem. We all know what CRT costs -no one should leave there unhappy.
Old 03-26-2013, 09:50 AM   #21
sahm1000
DIS Veteran

We eat at CRT every trip for our first breakfast meal of the trip on our first full park day, it's our tradition, and with three girls it's an easy choice for us.

The first time we ate there was in 2006. They had the older menu where you had the option of the traditional breakfast with scrambled eggs, sausage and potatoes, a french toast option, and a healthier breakfast with yogurt, fruit and granola. Each breakfast started with bowls of fruit and a plate of pastries. The servers always offered to bring you out a second plate of whatever you desired, even if you just wanted more scrambled eggs. They were always very gracious about it. This was our experience for several trips until they changed the menu for breakfast (I think we ate there probably 3 or 4 times with this menu).

Fast forward to the menu change with more options. The last 2 or 3 times we have visited have been with the new/current menu. While the servers didn't offer to bring seconds, we never had a problem or rude service when we have asked. In fact, our oldest daughter (currently 9) has made a point of asking the server at the time of ordering that she and her sisters would like extra bacon as that is her favorite part of the meal. And each time the server brought out our initial meal along with an extra plate of just bacon. While they weren't as gracious or as upfront about offering a second serving, when asked we have always received it. Hopefully the people who have had bad experiences just had servers who were having a bad or off day. For the price of this meal it really shouldn't be a problem to get an extra plate of scrambled eggs when paying $60!
sahm1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 10:31 AM   #22
AmyB2006
I'd rather be in Disney!

We did dinner at CRT in December, but I have to say now that I've read these comments, I'm surprised. I thought maybe we were an isolated experience, but now I see that it might not be so isolated.

We had a horrible server for our dinner. I almost complained, but then was like... meh, what difference is it going to make, and why am I going to let myself get upset when everything else was nice?

We loved the princesses, and the food was good, but the dinner service was awful. We had a middle aged male server who just looked miserable to be there and seemed like he hated his job.

Hopefully your experience will be better.

AmyB2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:17 AM   #23
NuJoy
But you won't get your new sled if she's dead

We had a completely magical experience for breakfast in October. Our waiter was very attentive. He asked my youngest daughter if she wanted more food. I don't know the name of the cast member; but if you see this gentleman

NuJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:22 AM   #24
GaudenziGirls
Earning My Ears

My daughter and I ate at CRT for breakfast on march 05 and the castle is just fabulous! We ordered the her royal highness package and when we arrived it wasn't set up so we had to wait a few mins! The food was good! The experience was def. unforgettable but everything did seem abit rushed even though it is a "all you care to eat" it didn't feel that way! But we had a great time
GaudenziGirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 01:46 PM   #25
buzzrelly
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masonmj84 View Post

From the perspective of the price we pay for this, you have a right to be surprised (we've eaten at a lot of "true" signatures, and the service difference we've experienced between these and CRT is night and day).

But look at it from the servers' perspective:

At CRT, they get the same tip regardless of how long your meal takes. So the have great incentive to get you in and out with the least amount of effort possible and turn your table ASAP.

At a true signature, their tip could differ dramatically based on your impression of their performance. Plus, I believe they generally put much more talented servers at these restaruants than at CRT because the patrons have much higher service expectations and the restaurants depend on their service reputation a lot more than CRT (Disney knows people will keep coming to CRT even if the service totally sucks).

I personally believe Disney likes the fact that the servers at CRT are motivated to get you in and out ASAP. Turns more tables and means more $$$. In fact, I believe this is the main reason the tip is included.

I personally wish the tip wasn't included. It would force the servers to be a lot more accountable and make the whole experience better.
I was just going to ask if tip was included, since we have a breakfast ADR in April. Do you know the percentage tip included? Does anyone ever leave extra if service is fantastic?
1989 Off Site-2003 Contemporary Resort-2006 Old Key West-2008 Caribbean Beach Resort-2010 Contemporary Resort-2012 Disney Cruise Line Magic-2013 Contemporary Resort-2013 Beach Club -2014 POP Century with Dance the World

buzzrelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 03:04 AM   #26
disneywalkers
Mouseketeer

We have a ressie for Breakfast for the first time in September and this thread is making me a little nervous. We were there for lunch last year but it wasn't an all you care to eat, so it wasn't an issue.
We are a party of 10, so this will cost us over $400. The tip, will be awesome. If I have to ask more than once, I will take the server out of range of my children and definitely have a talk LOL No I'm kidding, I'll be nice about it, but I certainly expect better service for this kind of money.
disneywalkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 03:18 AM   #27
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

We ate in the Castle years ago and I am glad I did since it just is too overpriced to consider now.

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:27 AM   #28
MoukyMouse
Mouseketeer

Well, I've read this whole thread & am surprised that no one has said anything about the quality of the food.

We, too, had a server who said we could order our choice of A breakfast and it was clear by his inattentive service their would be no way to get more. We were a family of 2 adults & 2 kids (10 & 8) & my youngest didn't get his food until the rest of us were finished.

Come this April (after our 1st time at CPB), my family will have eaten at every TS in all 4 parks (except BOG) + many resort/DTD & this was BY FAR the worst food we've ever been served. We are normally big eaters & not one of us could finish our meal. Even when my DS8 did finally get his food, he took 1 bite of everything & asked to leave. We were rushing out to get some edible food.

Even so, I do agree it's a priceless experience. All my life, I've wanted to see inside the castle & in Dec 2011 my DH & DSs suffered through princesses & bad food/service to let me have that experience - I am forever grateful. But...now that I've done it, I don't need to return. I will say this Snow White was THE highlight of the experience. It was like meeting the real cartoon princess. She not only looked exactly like the drawing, but her VOICE! WOW!

By the look of this thread, I'm guessing our gross food was a fluke & the experience must be completely different for those with little girls. I just wanted to add my experience & say that I'm glad there are those out there who do enjoy going.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:12 AM   #29
Chabby
Mouseketeer

Thanks to the OP for asking this question. I logged in to ask the exact same thing!

I went for lunch with DD6 last year and the service was fine, nothing worth mentioning for good or bad. The food was delicious and the experience was magical.

This year we are going for breakfast, we are 3 adults and 2 children now. It is really expensive so I hope we can get seconds if we want to. It seems to be a matter of luck. I'll tell my father about food not coming at all because this seems to happen to him quite frequently

Do you guys think ordering something very popular may help prevent that situation? (I'm thinking about the "extra" eggs and sausage).
Chabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:43 AM   #30
AmyB2006
I'd rather be in Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoukyMouse View Post
Well, I've read this whole thread & am surprised that no one has said anything about the quality of the food.

We, too, had a server who said we could order our choice of A breakfast and it was clear by his inattentive service their would be no way to get more. We were a family of 2 adults & 2 kids (10 & 8) & my youngest didn't get his food until the rest of us were finished.

Come this April (after our 1st time at CPB), my family will have eaten at every TS in all 4 parks (except BOG) + many resort/DTD & this was BY FAR the worst food we've ever been served. We are normally big eaters & not one of us could finish our meal. Even when my DS8 did finally get his food, he took 1 bite of everything & asked to leave. We were rushing out to get some edible food.

Even so, I do agree it's a priceless experience. All my life, I've wanted to see inside the castle & in Dec 2011 my DH & DSs suffered through princesses & bad food/service to let me have that experience - I am forever grateful. But...now that I've done it, I don't need to return. I will say this Snow White was THE highlight of the experience. It was like meeting the real cartoon princess. She not only looked exactly like the drawing, but her VOICE! WOW!

By the look of this thread, I'm guessing our gross food was a fluke & the experience must be completely different for those with little girls. I just wanted to add my experience & say that I'm glad there are those out there who do enjoy going.
Now that you mention it, I remember the food being ok, at best. I guess you're there for the princesses and the experience of eating in the castle.

I can definitely say this, we certainly won't be eating there again anytime soon.

AmyB2006 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: