Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-24-2013, 12:01 PM   #1
sheila <3 WDW
DIS Veteran

The 3rd time's the charm! Our 10th anniversary March 2013 TR! **UPDATE 5/12! Done!!*

I am finally ready to start my trip report from our trip March 6-13, 2013! We stayed at POFQ. My DH and I celebrated our 10th anniversary on 3/12/13, so this was a very special trip. It was also the first trip for our 20 month old DS.

This report will be picture heavy...I took over 3800 pictures, plus we had photopass+ and I had about 800 pictures (after boarders, etc.) from that!

First: Introductions and background!

If you read my PTR (link: The third time's the charm! A March 2013 10th anniversary PTR!) then you may remember this.

Me: I am the trip planner and main lover of WDW.

DH: He likes WDW, but doesnt love it like I do. He isnt much of a planner so as long as we have fun we basically get to do whatever I want. Suits both of us just fine!

DD: my 5 year old princess! She is in Kindergarten this year and is the best thing that has ever happened to me. Shes a bit extreme and moody, but shes so much fun! I love doing things with her. We recently signed her up for Girl Scouts and Im looking forward to doing that with her.

DS: my 1 year old prince charming! Hes such a calm and happy baby. Hes super ticklish and loves to cuddle. Hes my favorite little boy. He didnt much like the characters at first, but soon it was obvious (by the giant hugs) that Mickey and Minnie were his favorites!

Pictures from Thanksgiving, 2012:

I fell in love with WDW before/during our first trip in September, 2010. In April of that year we decided we wanted to take a family vacation. Our DD was turning 3 that August and we knew we wanted to start trying for a second child that fall, so we figured it was a great time. We talked about going to a beach or somewhere, then settled on Disney World! Thus, my research began. We had a fabulous first trip, we stayed for 5 nights and it was nowhere near long enough. After we came home I started dreaming about going back. Right around Thanksgiving I found out I was pregnant. I really wanted to try to squeeze in a second trip before the baby arrived. Finally, DH agreed.
Picture from first trip:

Our second trip was in May, 2011. I was due in July so I was about 30 weeks pregnant. This trip was fun, but unfortunately was overshadowed by some issues. First, my back was killing me and my feet were not tolerating all the walking as well as I thought they would. Second, my DD developed a huge fear of auto-flush toilets on this trip. We were at AK when it happened. She refused to go to the bathroom for like 6 hours so we finally resorted to buying pull ups at the Baby Care Center. She just used those for the rest of the trip.
Picture from second trip:

So after we came home and had our DS we discussed when we would go back. We knew it wouldnt be until DD was over her fear. I planned a trip for March, 2012 hoping DD would overcome her fear. She didnt, so I cancelled it in January before the 45 day mark. Then in April she finally started using auto-flush toilets again, even though she was still somewhat scared. (11 months after the incident where she first became scared.) So I started planning a trip for October, 2012! I was so excited. On a whim we started looking for a new house that summer and found one we absolutely fell in love with. We decided a new house was more important than a vacation so again I cancelled our trip. We bought our new house in September and since it was a foreclosure and needed a bunch of work we didnt actually move in until October.

Finally, we decided we were going to book a trip and hopefully this time we would go! It was our 3rd time scheduling our 3rd trip. We talked about May, 2013&then the spring discounts came out and I realized we could use the discount and go in March for our 10th anniversary! The only way it would work was if we stayed for 7 nights&so this would be our longest trip!

I will also be doing a dining report. I will link it after I start it.

Next up: Arrival Day and our first evening at Epcot

The third time’s the charm! A March 2013 10th anniversary pre-trip report! The 3rd time's the charm! Our 10th anniversary March 2013 TR!
The 3rd time's the charm! Our 10th anniversary 03-2013 Dining Report!

Last edited by sheila <3 WDW; 05-12-2013 at 09:31 PM.
Old 03-24-2013, 12:02 PM   #2
sheila <3 WDW
DIS Veteran

Table of Contents

table of contents

Intro and Background
Arrival day part 1
Arrival day part 2-Resort!
Arrival day part 3-Epcot!
Day 2: Magic Kingdom Part 1
Day 2: Magic Kingdom Part 2
Day 2: Magic Kingdom Part 3
Day 2: Magic Kingdom Part 4
Day 3: Hollywood Studios Part 1
Day 3: Hollywood Studios Part 2
Day 4: Animal Kingdom Part 1
Day 4: Animal Kingdom Part 2
Day 4: Animal Kingdom Part 3
Day 4: Animal Kingdom Part 4
Day 4: Animal Kingdom Part 5
Day 4: Animal Kingdom Part 6
Day 5: Magic Kingdom Part 1
Day 5: Magic Kingdom Part 2
Day 5: Magic Kingdom Part 3
Day 5: Magic Kingdom Part 4
Day 6: Epcot Part 1
Day 6: Epcot Part 2
Day 6: Epcot Part 3
Day 7: Magic Kingdom Part 1
Day 7: Magic Kingdom Part 2
Day 7: Magic Kingdom Part 3
Day 7: Magic Kingdom Part 4
Day 7: Magic Kingdom Part 5
Day 7: Magic Kingdom Part 6
Day 7: Magic Kingdom Part 7
Day 8: DTD and going home Part 1
Day 8: DTD and going home Part 2

The third time’s the charm! A March 2013 10th anniversary pre-trip report! The 3rd time's the charm! Our 10th anniversary March 2013 TR!

Last edited by sheila <3 WDW; 05-12-2013 at 09:31 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-24-2013, 12:53 PM   #3
sheila <3 WDW
DIS Veteran

Arrival day part 1

We woke up at 6:15. Our flight left at 10:15. We got ready, packed our last minute stuff, and left our house at 8:15. We got to the airport, took the shuttle bus, and were inside by 9. We had gotten through security and were eating breakfast/snacks at 9:30. We ate at Great American Bagel and Bakery. It was really good.

Our plane!

We boarded Southwest in Group A number 29-31. The kids did mostly OK on the plane. DS was wiggly like normal. DD played with her toys and other things. DS had a blow out diaper on the plane. I had forgotten to pack extra clothes, so DH took off his dirty shirt and I put it in a bag so DS was just wearing his coat. When we landed we went to the Disney’s Earport store at the airport and got him a really cute blue onesie that said “future prince charming” with a picture of baby Mickey with a crown. I washed out his dirty clothes as best I could in the sink.

We’ve arrived! Waiting on DH to get the stroller that had been gate-checked.

Airport New Fantasyland sign

Disney’s Earport

New shirt for DS – super cute

Our DME bus!

We boarded Magical Express at 2:40 to head to French Quarter. I don’t remember what resorts we stopped at, but we were the third and final stop. The other stops for our bus were Riverside, Old Key West, and Saratoga Springs, but we only stopped at 2 of them.

DD on the bus

DH and DS on the bus

Beautiful day

DD napping on the bus

We’re at WDW!

Last edited by sheila <3 WDW; 03-24-2013 at 12:59 PM.
Old 03-24-2013, 01:35 PM   #4
sheila <3 WDW
DIS Veteran

Arrival day part 2-Resort!

We checked in and our room was 4335. We got our anniversary pins and they gave DD a balloon. We dropped off our carryon bags and I took some pictures of the room.

Resort photos:
No matter how hard I tried, this was the best picture I was able to get of the sign.

They gave DD a balloon

Our anniversary pin

So excited to be at the resort!

Our room location…excellent spot, building 4 right by the main building, food court side

Our room

Our view (had garden view)

We went through the food court to the gift shop and bought a few things: princess headband and princess pen for DD, locking pin backs, a cute Chip and Dale St. Patrick’s Day pin for me, chocolate milk for DD and two sodas. They also gave us some beads.

Food court, it was super cute:

We loved how the resort was set up with little streets to resemble the French Quarter

Last edited by sheila <3 WDW; 03-24-2013 at 01:52 PM.
Old 03-24-2013, 07:47 PM   #5
gtpoohbear
DIS Veteran

Joining in, can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip!!

I totally understand the whole auto-flushing toilet thing - DD(now 9) was deathly afraid of them at that age too. Resulted in several "accidents" when we were out and about, and she refused to go near them no matter how "desperate" she was! Very glad at least that we never had to deal with it at WDW. I'm a little bit terrified now of potty-training my 2 year old, really hope we don't go through that again.

I love seeing pictures of all the different resorts, we've only gotten to try out a few so far, and I know we'll never make it to all of them. It's so cool how unique each one is.

All Trip Reports & Photo Albums are located here!
Previous Trips: 2008: Poly | 2010: CBR | 2012: ASMo | 2013: YC | 2014: AKL, AoA | 2014: POR
Upcoming Trips: 12/14 - WL | 7/15 - ASMusic | 3/16 - DCL Fantasy - W.Car (7 nights)
Old 03-26-2013, 10:19 AM   #6
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Joining!
Old 03-26-2013, 10:46 AM   #7
SAT887
DIS Veteran

POFQ looks so nice! We stay DVC so often don't get a chance to experience the other resorts, however I can definitely see that entire resort as somewhere I want to try on a travel day or first night! Great pics and I look forward to your TR for my Disney fix!
Old 03-26-2013, 11:00 AM   #8
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Joining in!
Old 03-26-2013, 09:09 PM   #9
sheila <3 WDW
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtpoohbear View Post
Joining in, can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip!!

I totally understand the whole auto-flushing toilet thing - DD(now 9) was deathly afraid of them at that age too. Resulted in several "accidents" when we were out and about, and she refused to go near them no matter how "desperate" she was! Very glad at least that we never had to deal with it at WDW. I'm a little bit terrified now of potty-training my 2 year old, really hope we don't go through that again.

I love seeing pictures of all the different resorts, we've only gotten to try out a few so far, and I know we'll never make it to all of them. It's so cool how unique each one is.
Thanks for joining! Yeah, the auto-flush thing was so very difficult. Seriously, every time we went anywhere I was constantly wondering if they had auto-flush and what were we going to do if DD had to potty...I also learned which restrooms in our local mall had manual flushers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887 View Post
Joining!
Thanks for joining!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887 View Post
POFQ looks so nice! We stay DVC so often don't get a chance to experience the other resorts, however I can definitely see that entire resort as somewhere I want to try on a travel day or first night! Great pics and I look forward to your TR for my Disney fix!
Thanks for joining and complimenting my pictures. I love taking pictures and I love when I get a good shot. I don't have a big fancy camera and I don't really have a desire to get one so I make do with what I have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
Joining in!
Thanks for joining!

Old 03-26-2013, 09:30 PM   #10
sheila <3 WDW
DIS Veteran

Arrival day part 3-Epcot!

So when we last left off we had checked in and dropped off carryon luggage and were on our way back out! We were headed to Epcot! It was opening day of the Flower and Garden Festival and we couldn’t wait to see the topiaries. We didn’t really have a plan for this evening which was actually really nice. This night was originally going to be for DTD so it was bonus extra park time.

We got to the bus stop and started our awesome luck with the buses. We never had to wait more than 12 minutes until we tried to get to DTD our final morning (we’ll get to that later). It was 5 when we got to Epcot which we thought was pretty good time. Our flight landed at 2, but with having to change DS and wash out his clothes I was afraid it would have put us behind schedule.

Pictures!
Me and my kids on the bus to Epcot

Topiaries

Heading over to WS

Monster’s University display

We ate dinner at Lotus Blossom Café. Then we walked around some more just looking at the pavilions on this side of the water and discussing what to do.
China pavilion:

Sun setting…so pretty!

DD playing drums

We stopped at Karmelle-Kuche for snacks.

After we ate our snacks we decided to head back to the hotel to unpack and get settled.

On our way out we saw this awesome light-up sidewalk! The lights weren’t constant so it was really cool.

One of my favorite pictures!

Photopass pictures from this day:

We ended up leaving Epcot at 8:15 and got a bus back to the hotel within minutes of getting to the bus stop. We stopped at POFQ’s food court to get our refill mugs. We got back to the room and unpacked/got ready for bed. We were in bed by 11.

Up next: Our first (of 3!!) Magic Kingdom days!!!

Old 03-27-2013, 08:18 AM   #11
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheila <3 WDW View Post

Thanks for joining and complimenting my pictures. I love taking pictures and I love when I get a good shot. I don't have a big fancy camera and I don't really have a desire to get one so I make do with what I have.
I really enjoy pictures, and your Epcot update has great shots as well. While a good DSLR helps capture images you are the one that composes them - not the camera!
Old 03-27-2013, 11:26 AM   #12
acox17
Earning My Ears

Joining!!
http://www.sunshine rewards.com/signup.php?r=18332
Old 03-28-2013, 05:49 PM   #13
gtpoohbear
DIS Veteran

We found those same light-up sidewalks at Epcot when we went for our first trip in 2008! It was our very last night before we had to go home, and DD begged to go back to Epcot for a little while, even though it was only about an hour until they closed. Watching her dance around on the light-up sidewalks was very emotional at the time, knowing it would be one of our last memories of the trip.

(You can't see the lights very well in the pictures but they were definitely there!)

LOVE all the pictures of the F&G topiaries, can't wait to see them myself in a few weeks!

All Trip Reports & Photo Albums are located here!
Previous Trips: 2008: Poly | 2010: CBR | 2012: ASMo | 2013: YC | 2014: AKL, AoA | 2014: POR
Upcoming Trips: 12/14 - WL | 7/15 - ASMusic | 3/16 - DCL Fantasy - W.Car (7 nights)
Old 03-28-2013, 06:33 PM   #14
pktbMouse
What you dont know is that each Mickey mouse hat you buy is a mind controlling device..this is how they get families to overspend on food and souvenirs!

signing on, great trip report so far, you babies are both adorable

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old 03-29-2013, 10:21 PM   #15
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

I'm here!! While you had good reasons for postponing your trip, I'm glad that you finally got to take it. Your children are beautiful and it looks like the trip is off to a great start. I look forward to reading the rest

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR*November 2014 - AKL Kidani Village for E's First Trip!

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: