Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Camping at Disney World
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2013, 07:58 AM   #31
MattFromPA
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MushLRC View Post
That looks totally cool!!

Here is the table we have: http://www.kotulas.com/deals/sports-...h-faucet-small
Yes it is! The sink is shallow enough so the table folds flat for transport. Then you need to assemble the faucet. You also need something to catch the waste water. I used a 5 gallon collapsible water container which I had to walk to the comfort station and flush. Made tenting a whole lot more civilized!
MattFromPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 01:27 AM   #32
indimom
Are We There Yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MushLRC View Post
Okay so you will be there before me If you can please come back to this thread and let us know how it all goes for you. Pictures of your camp set up is a plus as well
Our camp set-up won't be as impressive as some on here. We're a little limited on how much we can bring since we're driving down in an impala. But, I'll be sure to post how it goes and add a few pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattFromPA View Post
Yes it is! The sink is shallow enough so the table folds flat for transport. Then you need to assemble the faucet. You also need something to catch the waste water. I used a 5 gallon collapsible water container which I had to walk to the comfort station and flush. Made tenting a whole lot more civilized!
That table is awesome. Wish I had a truck to carry everything, I would definitely invest in that.

January 2017.
indimom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-30-2013, 09:40 AM   #33
MushLRC
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by indimom View Post
Our camp set-up won't be as impressive as some on here. We're a little limited on how much we can bring since we're driving down in an impala. But, I'll be sure to post how it goes and add a few pictures.

That table is awesome. Wish I had a truck to carry everything, I would definitely invest in that.
That's cool. We won't be all fancy either. I just want a semi/comfortable place to sleep. We won't be spending much time at the actual campsite anyway

MushLRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 07:48 PM   #34
WDWAtLast
I found my Prince - now where are the mice and birds that do housework?

I am not sure how it will work in a tent, but we use a dehumidifier in our pop up and it makes a world of difference in our Texas summers! no more waking up to sticky sheets and pillowcases!! Have fun! We were at the World in August several years ago (but not camping) and had a wonderful trip - even in the heat!

WDWAtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 12:16 AM   #35
Southern Bell
DIS Veteran

As far as Hurricanes go!

If a hurricane ever happens while I am at Disney it won't matter to me if I am in a tent, pop-up, travel trailer,or a cabin! I will be gone! LOL! I'm scared to death of storms, especially wind.
Southern Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 03:12 PM   #36
MushLRC
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Bell View Post
If a hurricane ever happens while I am at Disney it won't matter to me if I am in a tent, pop-up, travel trailer,or a cabin! I will be gone! LOL! I'm scared to death of storms, especially wind.
AMEN to that LOL!!

Old 04-01-2013, 04:24 PM   #37
JanL
Native Floridian

Love bug season usually starts in September.

I always put a tarp under the tent and a smaller one inside the tent. I pull each corner together to form a tray and secure with a clothes pin. That way if water gets in, it goes under the "tray floor" and our stuff stays dry. We use cots, with the stackable plastic drawers for clothing and our shower stuff is in buckets or kitty litter pails and goes under the cot. I have been known to put a tarp, a shower liner, or plastic tablecloth over the beds in case of leaks.

I second the screened dining tent. I have a folding table with a folding luggage rack under it as a "pantry." This keeps the table uncluttered. In the pantry, i use see-through plastic bins with tight-locking lids to keep out bugs, critters and rain. One holds long handled utensils, another holds paper plates, napkins, zip lock bags, etc. and one has spices, cooking spray, and so forth. While I am cooking, I may slip the lids under the bins so I can just grab whatever whenever it is needed, then when finished cooking, I make sure to snap all the lids back on. Some of my bins are smaller and most of them stack on same-size bins.

I also have a utensil rack that clamps to the picnic table and has a small shelf for salt & pepper, a garbage bag holder, a paper towel holder, a hook on top for a lantern, and several "arms" that branch out to hold a pancake turner and long handled spoons and forks.

I have a picnic set for the table holds eating utensils, catsup, mustard, salt & pepper, and paper plates. I have a small table-top plastic stackable 2-drawer thingy that I keep such things as corkscrews, candles and lighter, toothpicks, steak knives, playing cards, etc. in (things you might need at the table sooner or later). All the kitchen stuff stacks on a large shelving unit in the garage and can just be loaded into the RAV4 when time to camp and unloaded onto the shelves when I get home again.
JanL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:43 PM   #38
Candikayne
Missing the House of Mouse!

Great tip

I like the tip regarding the tarp and the folding luggage rack. I having been camping for the past four years in a tent and I love it.
2003 - Polynesian Resort
2007 & 2008 - Caribbean Beach Resort - Pirate & Princess Party and Flower & Garden Festival
2009 - Saratoga Springs Resort - Flower and Garden
2011 - Magic Kingdom, Islands of Adventure, Universal Studios, Sea World & Aquatica
Candikayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 11:35 PM   #39
anniemck
DIS Veteran

When my girls and I used to go camping, one thing we always did as soon as we arrived at camp was to put out the rain gauge, the last thing in the vehicle when we left was the rain gauge. The only time it rained while camping, my ex-husband took the rain gauge out of the van and left it at home... even with my now husband we keep up with the rain gauge.
Superstition... maybe, but it has always worked for us.

Official Disney Freak...
Presidents Day Weekend Twirlmania 2000-2012
Halloween 2011
Mothers Day, August, September, Osborne Family Lights 2012
DCL Wonder March 2013
15 cruises on other lines since 2007
6 trips to Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge since 2009
Love vacations...
anniemck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 12:11 AM   #40
motherof4
Mouseketeer

What's a rain gauge? I need to get me one of them!
motherof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:24 AM   #41
2goofycampers
Sounds like something a camping trip could cure
Enjoy the beer and wine you will love it

Quote:
Originally Posted by motherof4 View Post
http://www.disneystore.com/disney/st...0051&N=1000249

2goofycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:21 AM   #42
MushLRC
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2goofycampers View Post
That is just too darn cute!!

Old 04-04-2013, 11:19 AM   #43
motherof4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2goofycampers View Post
Love this thread! Keep the tips coming! I love the tip about keeping the shoes in a bin just outside the door, my daughter shares a tent with her 3 brothers and the one thing she complains about the most is the stinky shoes! Another tip that could be Disney or non Disney is to take your empty toilet paper rolls and stuff them full of dryer lint, voila a fire starter! You need to keep them in a air tight bag so they are kept dry, once they are damp they don't work as great!
motherof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 12:42 PM   #44
MushLRC
Mouseketeer

I'm also thinking of setting up 2 tents. Sleeping/relaxing in the 1 with the portable A.C. The other tent having all our plastic draw clothing bins along with one of those portable hanging racks for hanging clothes. That one can be our changing room/extra storage and keep our sleeping area less cluttered.

I don't plan on packing suite cases this trip. I have several of the plastic drawer organizer bins around here that I keep kids toys and such organized in. I plan to pack our clothes directly in that so when we get to camp... voila... I just move the bins out of the trailer and into the tent. Instant dresser.

Old 04-04-2013, 10:52 PM   #45
anniemck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by motherof4
Dollar tree has them in the garden section. It measures the amount of rainfall received. Mine was always empty except that one trip.

Official Disney Freak...
Presidents Day Weekend Twirlmania 2000-2012
Halloween 2011
Mothers Day, August, September, Osborne Family Lights 2012
DCL Wonder March 2013
15 cruises on other lines since 2007
6 trips to Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge since 2009
Love vacations...
anniemck is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: