Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2013, 05:04 PM   #16
FairytaleBelle
Mouseketeer

Gosh how silly of my, I knew that you were doing the Halloween party on your wedding day!

I hope you manage to come up with something

Twice in the 90s...2000 for the Millennium...Once some other time...August 2010...April 2011...December 2012~With my bf
May 2013 (Exams permitting..yayay)
FairytaleBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 02:26 AM   #17
ncp17
disney bride to be

marvelgirl I just posted this question on the FB group and Carrie linked me to this discussion we are having these same problems! I am looking at about 50-60 people as well. Someone on DisBrides mentioned that they had a meet and greet type of event at Ghiradelli (YUM!) at DTD and it was a come and go as you please type of thing to cap the night off. We are also having a 10am ceremony, so maybe some ice cream and yummies wouldn't be such a bad idea to calm the wedding jitters (OR the sugar will make them worse?!)
ncp17 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-31-2013, 08:23 AM   #18
prisigtr
Earning My Ears

We are having a RD for the bridal party (and their spouses/kids) and the immediate family at the Whitehall Room and Patio (and the rehearsal as well since the WP isn't available when we want it and driving back and forth on I-4 twice in one day is a pain in the butt). It is going to be pricier than we wanted but I can't imagine a wedding without a RD (and I don't really want to worry about our guests figuring out where to go since most of the bridal party is OOT and not familiar with the area). Keeping both events in the same place makes it easier for all of us. I wish I could host this for all of our OOT guests, but it's just not going to fit in our budget. Most of them will be checking in the day before the wedding as well. We are doing a buffet dinner and beer and wine package (I am requesting to change that to BOC).

I am thinking of something to do after that (dinner ends at 7), but not pricey! Maybe a meetup at DTD that will be open to all of our guests and they can come and go as they please? Don't want to be out too late either, so we can rest up (yeah right, who am I kidding, I'll probably be awake all night from all the excitement!). :-)
prisigtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:33 PM   #19
DisneyBride03
Earning My Ears

I know it's pricey, but we had our rehearsal dinner at Ohanas for the wedding party and family only. We paid for the cost because we wanted the traditional aspect with our destination wedding. We did this on Thursday night and had the dessert party at Epcot on Friday night for all our guests. I realize this is not in everyone's budget but it was WELL worth it! We were married 10 years ago this June and we still have people tell us what an awesome and memorable experience they had!
DisneyBride03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:24 AM   #20
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

We did T-REX Cafe for about 20 people and had an absolute blast! Paid $25/pp for lunch. Definitely recommend it!
Old 04-17-2013, 11:11 PM   #21
marvelgirl2010
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncp17 View Post
marvelgirl I just posted this question on the FB group and Carrie linked me to this discussion we are having these same problems! I am looking at about 50-60 people as well. Someone on DisBrides mentioned that they had a meet and greet type of event at Ghiradelli (YUM!) at DTD and it was a come and go as you please type of thing to cap the night off. We are also having a 10am ceremony, so maybe some ice cream and yummies wouldn't be such a bad idea to calm the wedding jitters (OR the sugar will make them worse?!)
I think that is a wonderful idea!! I love Ghiradelli, though I would call them and make sure they can handle that much of a crush. You also might consider checking with Beaches & Cream Soda Shop. A few Kitchen Sinks would feed 50 people, as long as they were ok sharing. I have been wanting to buy a Kitchen Sink for years, and now I finally have enough people going with us we are going to order one! I think sugar is a great rehearsal dinner alternative. We decided on a Fireworks Dessert Party at Sago Cay Pointe at the Grand Floridian. Our ceremony is Friday morning and we know people are going to be coming in as late as possible Thursday so they don't miss work. Sago Cay doesn't have any fee rental or fireworks viewing fee, so it ends up being the least expensive option for us to do something formal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prisigtr View Post
I am thinking of something to do after that (dinner ends at 7), but not pricey! Maybe a meetup at DTD that will be open to all of our guests and they can come and go as they please? Don't want to be out too late either, so we can rest up (yeah right, who am I kidding, I'll probably be awake all night from all the excitement!). :-)
I think a meetup at DTD is a great idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyBride03 View Post
I know it's pricey, but we had our rehearsal dinner at Ohanas for the wedding party and family only. We paid for the cost because we wanted the traditional aspect with our destination wedding. We did this on Thursday night and had the dessert party at Epcot on Friday night for all our guests. I realize this is not in everyone's budget but it was WELL worth it! We were married 10 years ago this June and we still have people tell us what an awesome and memorable experience they had!
Thank you for sharing! We are trying to fit Ohana in our budget for a farewell breakfast, but its not looking good. Congratulations on 10 years!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsDuck View Post
We did T-REX Cafe for about 20 people and had an absolute blast! Paid $25/pp for lunch. Definitely recommend it!
Doing a fun lunch is a great idea for saving money and the word "Rehearsal Dinner" makes it easy to overlook. If I could get my wedding party to show up in the morning I would do that. I love T-Rex Cafe, especially the ice room!
Old 04-17-2013, 11:23 PM   #22
marvelgirl2010
Earning My Ears

We finally figured out what we are going to do for our Rehearsal Dinner!

We are scheduling our rehearsal for 7pm somewhere in or near the Wedding Pavilion. After, we are going to treat our Wedding Party to a Counter Service Dinner at the Gasparilla Island Grill at the Grand Floridian. The Arcade Games in the restaurant really goes with our wedding. Then we will probably hang out at the Mizner Lounge until our Dessert Party at 9PM.

We are doing a Fireworks Dessert Party for all our guests at Sago Cay Pointe at the Grand Floridian. There is no venue setup or rental fee and there is no firework viewing fee. There is a $500 charge to play the Halloween Music, but we might forgo that. I might see about setting up an Ipod instead, and maybe trying to time the music myself? Will see next month after we do our planning call and get a BOE to look at!

I'm really excited! Thanks to the people on this forum for giving great ideas! Keep em coming!
Old 04-18-2013, 10:40 AM   #23
Bewitch324
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelgirl2010 View Post
We finally figured out what we are going to do for our Rehearsal Dinner!

We are scheduling our rehearsal for 7pm somewhere in or near the Wedding Pavilion. After, we are going to treat our Wedding Party to a Counter Service Dinner at the Gasparilla Island Grill at the Grand Floridian. The Arcade Games in the restaurant really goes with our wedding. Then we will probably hang out at the Mizner Lounge until our Dessert Party at 9PM.

We are doing a Fireworks Dessert Party for all our guests at Sago Cay Pointe at the Grand Floridian. There is no venue setup or rental fee and there is no firework viewing fee. There is a $500 charge to play the Halloween Music, but we might forgo that. I might see about setting up an Ipod instead, and maybe trying to time the music myself? Will see next month after we do our planning call and get a BOE to look at!

I'm really excited! Thanks to the people on this forum for giving great ideas! Keep em coming!
I think your plans sound terrific!! I think your guests will really love what you've planned. One thought on the IPOD thing...Hallowishes music is different from regular Wishes...I love love love the Hallowishes fireworks but I haven't seen that music out there anywhere...if you have it, you probably could time it yourself pretty close...but it won't match right with the regular Wishes. you might see if you can catch them on a previous night with your ipod in hand so you can figure out exactly how to match them up. (Or assign someone else to worry about it!!)

Can't wait to hear how it all goes!!!

Good luck!
Brooke
Bewitch324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 01:10 PM   #24
SandyinMonterey
Mouseketeer

I had a small wedding (20 people) @ Disney World. Our rehearsal dinner was at the Polynesian. Did the Luau (spelling?). Everyone sat together. All had a GREAT time! We paid for everyones drink too, rather soda or alcohol. Highly recommend. Wedding at wedding pavilion. Reception at Art of Animation (overlooking downtown Disney)? Not sure of the name of the place since it was 2001 and I think the place has been totally renamed and redone. Had buffet dinner. A LOT of food but all the food we like and wanted. Then surprised everyone and took them to Epcot to see the fireworks. Area roped off and we had a dessert party. Also had a Disney bus pick up all my guests at their individual hotel and take them to the wedding. Bus also took us to Epcot and then the bus took each person to where they were staying.
SandyinMonterey is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: