Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2013, 05:22 PM   #1
Paul Couturier
Future Disneymooner

"Just Married" buttons discontinued!

I know this subject has come up before, but I got an answer from the WL IPO today through my TA. I'll be honeymooning at WDW in September.

According to the WL IPO, they no longer carry the "Just Married" buttons. They now carry "Happily Ever After" buttons instead!

Can ANYONE venture a guess as to WHY they would do away with the "Just Married" buttons???? Last time I checked, WDW is one of the Top Ten honeymoon destinations in the country, if not the world! And this certainly doesn't look good from a Customer Service perspective; last I knew, Disney prides itself on its Customer Service! Based on what I've been reading, honeymooning couples would prefer to have the "Just Married" buttons!

I'll be emailing WDW to see what the VALID reason was for doing away with the "Just Married" buttons.

Future Husband of Maria

Disneymooning 9/22-9/29, WL CL
Paul Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 07:12 PM   #2
marvelgirl2010
Earning My Ears

Oh no!!! I was so looking forward to getting to wear one of those!
Register to remove

Old 03-23-2013, 07:42 PM   #3
Paul Couturier
Future Disneymooner

Do what I'm gonna do...complain to WDW in an email!

Getting rid of the "Just Married" buttons make absolutely no sense!

Future Husband of Maria

Disneymooning 9/22-9/29, WL CL
Paul Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 08:04 AM   #4
sethschroeder
DIS Veteran

Well what I heard and this is quite possibly not true but knowing todays climate of political correctness I think is the best guess:

Disney discontinued the "just married" buttons because it had Price Charming and Cinderella on them and they wanted something to signify a greater arrange of people's "situations".
1984 Born; 1985 DL; 1989 WDW; 1991 DL; 2013 BWI CL- (Honeymoon); 2014 September 3-14 - BWV - (Celebrating 1st Anniversary); 2014 September 14-15 - UNI RPR
sethschroeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 08:07 AM   #5
sethschroeder
DIS Veteran

One more thing if you look around online and an auction site you will find them come up from time to time to purchase. Usually a pair will be around $25 for the both of them but you can find them cheaper.
1984 Born; 1985 DL; 1989 WDW; 1991 DL; 2013 BWI CL- (Honeymoon); 2014 September 3-14 - BWV - (Celebrating 1st Anniversary); 2014 September 14-15 - UNI RPR
sethschroeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 11:23 AM   #6
sambycat
DIS Veteran

First, I must know what WL IPO means! Second, this news was out and about before we got married, 2 years ago January and I have 2 sets of these buttons so they were still out there and are still out there even if they aren't making them new? Also the cruise lines seem to still have the Ariel & Eric ones as well. The just married are indeed fun but the happily ever after ones are great too.

sambycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 11:34 AM   #7
FairytaleBelle
Mouseketeer

There were some disneyland just married ones on eBay for 3 dollars plus postage when I checked earlier.

That's interesting about the cruise lines having them.

My issue with happily ever after Is I don't think it necessarily signifies recent marriage, anyone could wear it really...I liked how special and bride/groom specific the just married ones were.

Twice in the 90s...2000 for the Millennium...Once some other time...August 2010...April 2011...December 2012~With my bf
May 2013 (Exams permitting..yayay)
FairytaleBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 12:02 PM   #8
Sweet Melissa
DIS Veteran

With the "What Will You Celebrate" campaign now long over, I think we'll continue seeing less and less of these celebration buttons. I know that when we were in Disneyland last summer, their "Just Engaged" buttons were scarce. Both parks said they wouldn't be getting more, though the hotels still had plenty. I wouldn't be surprised if in the future, we see only birthday, first visit, and generic "I'm Celebrating" buttons.

Personally, I like the look of the "Happily Ever After" buttons more than the "Just Married" style, but I know I'm in the minority.

♥ Melissa
Last Visit: November 2013 - Wedding/Honeymoon! Old Key West & Kidani
Next Visit: October 2014 - Boardwalk Villas
Sweet Melissa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 03:38 PM   #9
2012DisneyWorldBride
I was a Disney Bride on 12.8.12
I put ketchup on my ketchup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Couturier
I know this subject has come up before, but I got an answer from the WL IPO today through my TA. I'll be honeymooning at WDW in September.

According to the WL IPO, they no longer carry the "Just Married" buttons. They now carry "Happily Ever After" buttons instead!

Can ANYONE venture a guess as to WHY they would do away with the "Just Married" buttons???? Last time I checked, WDW is one of the Top Ten honeymoon destinations in the country, if not the world! And this certainly doesn't look good from a Customer Service perspective; last I knew, Disney prides itself on its Customer Service! Based on what I've been reading, honeymooning couples would prefer to have the "Just Married" buttons!

I'll be emailing WDW to see what the VALID reason was for doing away with the "Just Married" buttons.
We were told by numerous cast members that they discontinued them to be politically correct because not everyone can get married (same sex couples) but that everyone can celebrate their happily ever after. Don't know if its really Disneys reasoning or not.

I hate that they did away with them. And we actually bought them on ebay so we could sport them on our honeymoon.

I don't think writing Disney will do anything. Disney pretty much does what they want.

Michelle & Jeff's 12/8/12 Disney Wishes Wedding WP/GF/DP Morocco - Planning Journal and Trip Report!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2850449
Our Wedding / Honeymoon Trip - 8 Day Deluxe Dining Plan Review With Pictures!!! Didn't finish...
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3037533
Michelle - Jeff (DH) - Chanel (Maltese Puppy)
Disney Trips: AP - for as long as I can remember - AKL 8/2011, GF 12/2012 & AKL 12/2012, CBR 9/2013 & GF 12/2013, CBR 8/2014 & GF 12/2014
2012DisneyWorldBride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 04:24 PM   #10
dewingedpixie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Melissa View Post
With the "What Will You Celebrate" campaign now long over, I think we'll continue seeing less and less of these celebration buttons. I know that when we were in Disneyland last summer, their "Just Engaged" buttons were scarce. Both parks said they wouldn't be getting more, though the hotels still had plenty. I wouldn't be surprised if in the future, we see only birthday, first visit, and generic "I'm Celebrating" buttons.

Personally, I like the look of the "Happily Ever After" buttons more than the "Just Married" style, but I know I'm in the minority.
I love the Happily Ever After personally too I think its cute. I do think you'll see less of the buttons but the married ones/happily ever after pc ones will stay especially with Disney being in the wedding business.

dewingedpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 04:33 PM   #11
disney11fan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sethschroeder View Post
Well what I heard and this is quite possibly not true but knowing todays climate of political correctness I think is the best guess:

Disney discontinued the "just married" buttons because it had Price Charming and Cinderella on them and they wanted something to signify a greater arrange of people's "situations".
you just can't say anything anymore without someone getting the nose out of joint.
disney11fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 04:34 PM   #12
disney11fan
DIS Veteran

I heard the new just married buttons will say this.

" the day you say i do.... You don't and you won't
disney11fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 04:38 PM   #13
AndiSlamberg
Mouseketeer

I had a feeling this would be the case, so while my girlfriends were on their vacay at Disneyland I had them pick me up some "Just Married" buttons. This way we can wear them in November when we celebrate our wedding at Disneyworld. We were given the "Happily Ever After" ones last November while we were celebrating our engagement. We'll probably wear both sets of pins while we're there.
AndiSlamberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 05:09 PM   #14
Belleoftheballl
Mouseketeer

Since seeing this post, I just ordered 2 off of eBay! It cost me about $15 Canadian for 2 with shipping!
Belleoftheballl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 06:13 PM   #15
laurenvic1312959
Mouseketeer

The 'happily ever after' buttons do look nice but couples just don't get the same attention from cast members when they wear them. Me and my DF were just at disney world in jan with a married couple and on there wedding day, even though they were wearing happily ever after buttons and bride and groom ears me and my DF got more attention from wearing our just engaged buttons and I don't see how that is fair to newly married couples and honeymooners

Me, Lauren (21) and DF Adam (27)
1997, 1998, 2003, 2008 and 2011 - Off site
Me and my DF as a bridesmaid and best man at a DFTW! A Jan 2013 TR Complete!

laurenvic1312959 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: