Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-03-2013, 07:38 AM   #316
Lilfoot93
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by uk mum View Post
Hi lilfoot93 .....if you see a family with three girls one of which is in a pink wheelchair and a very tall man , that will be us !!!! X
I will be on the look out!

Jackie

TR: Trev's Star Wars MAW trip

Trevor DS 9 (wish kiddo) Allie DD 6 Kara DD 6
Lilfoot93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 02:47 PM   #317
taliasmom
Mouseketeer

Aug. 9th - 15th, woo-hoo!
taliasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-03-2013, 04:54 PM   #318
Meeks23
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by taliasmom View Post
WOOT WOOT!!!!!!!!
Meeks23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 01:13 AM   #319
angel's momma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2M07 View Post
I kept crying on the way home, aware that we were coming back to the reality of our lives.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneplustwins View Post
Being back home has been a hard transition.
Getting away was wonderful , but also made our everyday reality seem all the worse once we got back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyMom View Post
SO excited! Our Molly was granted her wish to "see the princesses" and we're heading to GKTW and WDW on May 15-21.
I hope you had a wonderful trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeks23 View Post
1) About what is the price to eat with characters and is it really worth it?
It really depends on your family. Allears has all of the menus & prices. Breakfasts are cheaper. Dinners are approx. $40 adults/$20 kids (castle is about $67/$40) Any table service meal is going to take about 2 hours or so, and if it's a resort restaurant, that's even more time away from the parks. One complaint I've read, is that the kids are so excited about the characters, they barely eat, and then have to be fed again soon after. We've done most of the character meals, and enjoyed them very much, but it was with free dining. For us, it's just too expensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012bella13 View Post
The Doctors said Brook can go to kindergarten, she has been off all of her meds & can have shots to go to school. We went to the registeration day & she was in the classes for a half of the day with all of the other kids. The next day she came day with a fever, I am scared about how the school yr will go, I pray that she will do okay, & not set her illness off again.
Yay for being able to go to school. Hugs about worrying about germs - it's a constant concern for us too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommyto4Girlz View Post
We got an email from our wish granters this morning. We are booked at GKTW Sept 2 to Sept 8.
Emily. Yay for dates We've flown AirTran quite a few times, but it was before the merger, and we were able to select our seats in advance. Like Melissa said, ATL is huge, but we were always fortunate & our gates were literally right next to each other every time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinalicia View Post
Hi! I'm Erin. My DH and I have 3 children. We just received confirmation from MAW that my son's Disney Wish was approved. We are looking at going to Disney World around Thanksgiving.
Erin. So sorry about Aidan's accident and everything he has to deal with. Yay that he's getting a wish

Quote:
Hi ....we are heading to gktw on sunday will anyone one else be there at the same time as us ?? X
Hope you're having a wonderful trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by spears2008 View Post
My nephew will likely be taking a WISH trip to WDW next spring.

Any idea of what accomodations Make A Wish provides for a huge family?
Like Holly said, some chapters will only do GKTW, but I've read reports where the child specifically requested a specific wdw resort, and the chapter granted the request.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taliasmom View Post
Yay!

Pretrip Report: Angel's Make a Wish Cruise on the Dream /and extended days at WDW PTR :We have dates 4/13-25
Trip Report: Angel's Make a Wish DREAM Cruise & extended days at wdw: April 13-25, 2013

Previous trips: 2013 Apr. 18-25 2010 May 8-15 2009 Dec. 4-11 2008 Dec. 15-24 2008 Aug. 30-Sept 7
2007 Sept. 1-8 2006 Dec. 9-16 2006 Sept. 26-Oct.3 2005 Sept. 25-Oct.8 2004 Dec. 11-21 All at POP
CRUISE 2013 Apr. 14-18 Disney DREAM
angel's momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 06:26 PM   #320
kalimom6
Mouseketeer

I haven't been on here in awhile, life is just so busy. We went on my daughter's trip to GKTW in December 2012. I still miss that time. But life goes on, I am due anytime now with our 7th.
First, I want to tell the previous poster that her sister's family will most likely have 2 villas. My husband and I and our 6 kids fit perfectly in one but I think 8 is the max.
The reason for todays post was I wanted to share something with you. The people who granted my daughters wish is a "project" run by our state highway patrol, not MAW. This project holds 2 reunions a year, one the first weekend in June, the other the first weekend in December. We missed out on the December one as we were on our trip. That was a Christmas party held at a hot springs resort. We can't wait to go this year. The summer reunion is held at an old inn near Glacier National Park. We got there friday night and stayed through sunday. Nothing was out of our pocket besides gas to get there. The kids had helicopter, semi truck, motorcycle, horse and buggy, and, the highlight, red jammer buses. Those buses were built in 1936 and have been restored. Google them, they are very cool. We spent the day in Glacier park.
All the people there were either highway patrol family or wish recipients. Some have been coming for 24 years! One wish recipient, who is almost 22, has a degenerative brain disease. He went to GKTW 6 years ago. Here is what I wanted to share. He wanted to go to the swimming party one night. So on the walk to the pool, he asked his mom if he could do a cannonball into the pool. His mom said no, there are sick kids here and it might be dangerous. He looked at her with a shocked look on his face. He said that there were no sick kids there. They got to thd pool and her and her husband got teary eyed. There were kids with all sorts of illnesses, some visible, most not, wheelchairs in the pool, but yet, looking at them, NONE were sick, they were just kids having fun.
I thought that was so sweet and had to share, because it's true. I am so thankful for the wish project and I cannot believe that still, after granting the wish, they are involved in the life of these kids.
This is long, sorry. And it's hard to edit on my tablet so I apologize for any errors.
Old 06-04-2013, 06:28 PM   #321
kalimom6
Mouseketeer

Wanted to verify, after reading what I wrote, the swimming party at GKTW, not our reunion weekend.
Old 06-04-2013, 10:26 PM   #322
TSWJan78
DIS Veteran

DISboards Approved Advertiser

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to stop by to let you know we are do a fundraiser for GKTW in Leominster MA June 28-30th. This is our third year and over the first 2 we raised over $25,000 for GKTW!! Planned we have a Welcome Dinner on friday, a private screening of Monsters University and a BBQ on Saturday and a mini golf tournment and DIS Unplugged podcast recording on Sunday. 100% of the proceedes go to GKTW and this year we are looking for corporate sponsors so we are sure to raise LOTS of money. Here is the link on the podcast board incase anyone wants to join us. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3078852. You can also PM me or email NEDisMeet@gmail.com if you have any questions. Hope any of you who are New Englanders decide to join us.. it is a GREAT day!!
Old 06-05-2013, 12:02 AM   #323
angel's momma
DIS Veteran

Sarah - Wonderful story. Also wonderful that your wish group offers so much for the kids. So exciting about your upcoming delivery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSWJan78 View Post
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to stop by to let you know we are do a fundraiser for GKTW in Leominster MA June 28-30th. This is our third year and over the first 2 we raised over $25,000 for GKTW!! Planned we have a Welcome Dinner on friday, a private screening of Monsters University and a BBQ on Saturday and a mini golf tournment and DIS Unplugged podcast recording on Sunday. 100% of the proceedes go to GKTW and this year we are looking for corporate sponsors so we are sure to raise LOTS of money. Here is the link on the podcast board incase anyone wants to join us. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3078852. You can also PM me or email NEDisMeet@gmail.com if you have any questions. Hope any of you who are New Englanders decide to join us.. it is a GREAT day!!
Wonderful Thank you!

Pretrip Report: Angel's Make a Wish Cruise on the Dream /and extended days at WDW PTR :We have dates 4/13-25
Trip Report: Angel's Make a Wish DREAM Cruise & extended days at wdw: April 13-25, 2013

Previous trips: 2013 Apr. 18-25 2010 May 8-15 2009 Dec. 4-11 2008 Dec. 15-24 2008 Aug. 30-Sept 7
2007 Sept. 1-8 2006 Dec. 9-16 2006 Sept. 26-Oct.3 2005 Sept. 25-Oct.8 2004 Dec. 11-21 All at POP
Old 06-06-2013, 11:17 AM   #324
Lilfoot93
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi ....we are heading to gktw on sunday will anyone one else be there at the same time as us ?? X
How are you guys doing with all the rain my kids are done with it! Hoping it lets up soon!

Jackie

Old 06-07-2013, 05:37 AM   #325
Mommyto4Girlz
Mom to 4 Beautiful Girls

Hey Anyone Know This Answer

I have been trying to get a hold of some people to do some designs for me, I posted in the Creative Disigns forums but it looks like the last time anyone posted anything or even talked about something on that forum was in May. Does anyone know anywhere I can get designs for tshirts, countdown calenders, stroller markers, luggage tags...ANYTHING I am desperatly. I want to be prepared for everything before I have to be. So just let me know.

Check Out My Pre-trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3114293
Mommyto4Girlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 07:26 AM   #326
Lilfoot93
DIS Veteran

I went online and typed in Disney countdown calendars. There was a ton of different designs to look at! It was hard to choose which one to make. I ended up using a couple different designs and putting them together. We used our old luggage tags from years ago but I am sure you could do the same with them too. We just bought some fun duct tape and put it on the handles!

Jackie

Old 06-07-2013, 09:06 AM   #327
Mommyto4Girlz
Mom to 4 Beautiful Girls

Thanks Lilfoot

Old 06-07-2013, 02:49 PM   #328
angel's momma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommyto4Girlz View Post
I have been trying to get a hold of some people to do some designs for me, I posted in the Creative Disigns forums but it looks like the last time anyone posted anything or even talked about something on that forum was in May. Does anyone know anywhere I can get designs for tshirts, countdown calenders, stroller markers, luggage tags...ANYTHING I am desperatly. I want to be prepared for everything before I have to be. So just let me know.
I'm not sure where you posted, but the Creative DISigns forum is active, and has posts from today, yesterday, etc. Here's the link - http://www.disboards.com/forumdispla...prune=30&f=105

I know Mandy does the stroller plates & luggage tags- http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3011220

Hope you find what you need.

Old 06-09-2013, 09:01 AM   #329
Mommyto4Girlz
Mom to 4 Beautiful Girls

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel's momma

I'm not sure where you posted, but the Creative DISigns forum is active, and has posts from today, yesterday, etc. Here's the link - http://www.disboards.com/forumdispla...prune=30&f=105

I know Mandy does the stroller plates & luggage tags- http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3011220

Hope you find what you need.
Thanks I posted in there but got no reply. I'll post again

Old 06-11-2013, 11:48 AM   #330
PunchkinPatrol
Earning My Ears

Hi everyone!

I'm Holden's mom! My friend Ana~n~Joseph had been posting about my son on this thread and thought I would finally join! I got a phone call from MaW yesterday telling us we were approved for our wish and they had already booked our flight and cruise. I have started a pre-trip report (because Ana told me to hehehe). Please bare with me while I learn my way around here!

I don't have enough posts to put up a link so search for Holden's Make-a-Wish on the Pre-trip Report thread and I just posted it (or at least I think I did )
PunchkinPatrol is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: