Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2013, 04:17 PM   #1
babygirlamg
DIS Veteran

Which monirail deluxe???

It will be our first time staying deluxe and also my 5 year olds first time to Disney. Would like stay in one of the resorts that has access to monirail and also has good choices for allergy friendly food in the food court as my 5 year old has allergies to peanut and milk . Any thoughts?
babygirlamg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 04:38 PM   #2
twinboysmom
DIS Veteran

I don't think you could go wrong with any of the 3 resorts. We prefer the CR. we love that it is the only resort that you want WALK to the MK from. Takes around 10 minutes, it never breaks down, no lines to wait in, or strollers to fold. There is also of course monorail to MK and to Epcot. Also, the CR is the first bus stop (usually shares with Poly) so you almost always have a seat to the other parks. As for food allergies, I don't think you will have a problem at any WDW resort.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-23-2013, 05:26 PM   #3
Smile&Nod
Mouseketeer

Just to point out though - none of the deluxe reports have actual food courts - they all have some sort of snack bar someplace on property as well as a "cafe" type restaurant, but no food courts like the values have.....
Smile&Nod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 05:34 PM   #4
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Of the monorail resorts, we have stayed at the Poly and GF and the Poly is our favorite. We love the tropical atmosphere, the volcano pool, the beach for watching the fireworks, and Captain Cooks for quick meals/snacks. Plus the Poly is just 2 monorail stops from MK and is within walking distance to the TTC to catch the Epcot monorail. With all of that said, you really can't go wrong with any of them as they are all great resorts. I would look at pictures of all 3 and choose the one that the theme/decor appeals to you the most because all 3 have great transportation and dining options. Good luck.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 05:43 PM   #5
lemondog
My twins fight over who tooted
I always have the itch!

We love the Poly in fact we always stay there. Capt. Cooks has some yummy choices but not sure about food allergies. I have heard that the CR quick serve place is good. It's called Contempo Cafe.

DD1 (13), DD2 (10), DD3 (10) DD4 (2)

I've been pickled! Thanks illuminati!
lemondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 05:46 PM   #6
mmmears
DIS Veteran

First of all let me say that I do not think you can go wrong with any of them. So it's really just a matter of personal preference.

There are minor transportation pluses (like CR's walk to the MK, or Poly's walk to the monorail to Epcot, which I prefer, GF being one stop off the monorail, etc.).

We've stayed at both the Poly and the GF several times. The look of the CR (and lack of gardens to walk through) just hasn't appealed to my family.

They all have nice restaurants (plus it's easy to get from one to another).

I suggest you look at the photo threads (or the first few posts on each resort thread) to see which decor/theming appeals to you the most. The 3 are VERY different so hopefully one will appeal to you more than the others. Lots of people here have a definite favorite, but it really matters more what you are looking for...

CR has the tall building, modern decor, monorail going through it.
Poly has lush gardens, a pool at the beach, hammocks, and a tropical theme.
GF has more formal gardens, nice pools, and a more elegant Victorian theme.

Hope this helps!

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
mmmears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:33 PM   #7
clapton
Mouseketeer

Like others have said you cant't go wrong with any of the monorail resorts. It really depends on what you are looking for and your budget. Have stayed at all of them and like CR and GF over the Poly, but that's just my preference. Have fun planning and enjoy wherever you stay!
clapton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 09:28 PM   #8
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

CR - Contempo Cafe is excellent for guests with allergies - I have them so know first hand.

they will definitely work with you. place your order - then go tell the cashier that you food allergies - then go wait at the counter for a chef - then tell him what your problems are - the only problem with this - is you must order first.

at some of the other places - this would be a problem - because too many times can not eat anything on their menu - have not had problems with this.

hint - don't order the main stuff. forget what they call the sides - but that is way I go.

Take an allergy list with you and give to each chef.

always - always see a chef - even those restaurants where the food servers think they know better - when you take out your list - they will generally go get a chef.

your child allergies are not strange - so really don't think you will any trouble.

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: