DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2013, 02:31 PM   #1
Euchre_U
Hoosier born, Texas bed

Transferring Points Between Contracts - Different Contract Types

All,

A quick question that I cannot find a quick answer to. I suspect I know the answer, but I think I should ask.

Here's the situation - we have started an add-on contract with DVD for Aulani, but the price per point values seem way out of line with what the resale market for Aulani points are.

We have an existing "grandfathered" contract at BCV - meaning a contract that still retains all of the transfer benefits (Disney Collection, DCL, etc).

If we purchase a resale contract at Aulani, I believe I can transfer my existing BCV points - one time a year - into the "new" or non-benefit contract. I'm guessing those BCV points then behave just like the Aulani points - no transferrance to other Disney Collection properties, no banking, etc. but I can make reservations at Aulani with the Aulani contract UY (11 month window).

How do the transfer points from the resale Aulani contract work with my grandfathered BCV points? Can I transfer the points into the BCV contract and ALL of the points act like BCV points in the current UY?

If I have not explained my question well, I can try to explain it another way.

CarolMN, Dean, Doc or others - any thoughts or guidance?

Thanks,

Kurt H.
Euchre_U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 02:44 PM   #2
LoriKutchey
DIS Veteran

You can transfer between accounts but they retain the home resort. So when you transfer in the BCV points you cannot use those points at Aulani's 11 month window. You could make 11 month reservation but only with aulani's points and at 7 month you could make the rest of the reservation with BCV points. At least that is how I believe it works.
LoriKutchey is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-23-2013, 03:05 PM   #3
disfanforlife
DIS Veteran

I just asked the same question too since we are in a similar situation. We have direct points and are in the process of buying more resale. I was told that once the points are transferred they still retain the same home resort. So, you can at use them at your other home resorts and but they are not any different than if you didn't own there with your other points. So, no advantage with the booking window.
Old 03-23-2013, 03:08 PM   #4
KAT4DISNEY
Glad to be a test subject
1st trip Disneyland 1969
1st Trip DisneyWorld 1972
Only trip Disneyland Paris 2002

Transferred points retain all of their normal usage so if you transfer grandfathered BCV points into the restricted resale Aulani the BCV points should still remain eligible for ABD, Disney collection etc.

And vice versa. If you transferred the restricted resale Aulani points into your grandfathered BCV to use at the 7 month mark they should still retain the restrictions and remain ineligible for ABD, Disney collection etc. while the BCV points would be eligible.

KAT4DISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 07:11 PM   #5
Sandisw

DISboards Moderator

Points never change what they are. If you have both restricted and non-restricted points, then they will remain that way. As already mentioned, BCV points may only be used to book BCV at the 11 month mark and Aulani points can only be used to book Aulani at 11 months. If they are the same UY and in the same membership, then at 7 months you can use them together to book any of the DVC resorts.

Sandisw is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: