Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2013, 12:26 PM   #1
JeannieKY
Tink fan

AAA discount

Just saved more than my AAA membership cost on our room only resort reservation and added a day to our trip. Doing the happy dance!
Old 03-23-2013, 12:43 PM   #2
Sweets156
Mouseketeer

Wow, that's surprising! When we booked a few years ago the Disney World Travel Company was actually cheaper so this year I opted out of using AAA.
Sweets156 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-23-2013, 01:40 PM   #3
JeannieKY
Tink fan

I called and got the AAA room rate through Disney. I did not go through AAA. It was about a 10% savings on the cost of the room only reservation. They can only do the AAA discounts on room only ressies when going through Disney travel.

Last edited by JeannieKY; 03-23-2013 at 01:51 PM.
JeannieKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 03:22 PM   #4
nyrebecca
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeannieKY View Post
Just saved more than my AAA membership cost on our room only resort reservation and added a day to our trip. Doing the happy dance!
Congrats!

We LOVE our AAA card. This year we saved over $700 on our room only for November.

Also, we drive from NY to FL each time we go and it helps save on the hotel down and back. It also is good to have in case something did happen on the drive.

We have more than made our money back for the price that the membership costs. I wish more people knew about it. A lot think you can only book packages thru AAA to get a discount, not many people seem to know you can call Disney directly to get the room only at the AAA discount if they are available.

nyrebecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 03:28 PM   #5
iambrink
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know if the AAA discount is the same whether you book directly with Disney versus calling AAA?
Old 03-23-2013, 03:56 PM   #6
nyrebecca
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by iambrink View Post
Does anyone know if the AAA discount is the same whether you book directly with Disney versus calling AAA?
I am not sure if you can book a room only with AAA directly. You would have to call and ask. If you can only book packages with a discount thru them you would just have to see how much savings they offer, vs the savings with Disney on a room only and purchasing your tickets separately.

nyrebecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 05:52 PM   #7
disney777
DIS Veteran

I used an AAA discount for POFQ this past January, the first time in a decade. It was the best rate I could get (20%), because WDW was offering a 5 - 15% discount for the time I was staying. It's been hard to get a good discount on FQ, I think because it is in demand? I booked the discount directly through WDW, and I was asked to show my card when I checked in.
9/1990 offsite, 10/1999 ASMu, 10/2001 ASMo. 9/2003 ASMo, 9/2004 Pop, 1/2005 Pop/AKL, 9/2005 Pop, 1/2006 Pop/ POFQ, 9/2006 POFQ 10/2006 CSR, 1/2007 Pop,9/2007 WL/BWV, 1/2008 POFQ, 8/2008 POP/CR, 1/2009 POFQ, 9/2009 Saratoga Springs, 1/2010 POFQ, 8/2010 POP/BCV, 1/2011 POR/POFQ, 8/2011 POP/BCV, 1/2012 POFQ, 8/2012 AKL/AKL CL, 1/2013 POFQ, 8/2013 YC, 1/2014 POP/POFQ, 8/2014 GF
disney777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 09:21 PM   #8
nkereina
Wendy Darling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweets156 View Post
Wow, that's surprising! When we booked a few years ago the Disney World Travel Company was actually cheaper so this year I opted out of using AAA.
AAA can and will match any quote you get directly from Disney. Their pricing should be the same but if its not, they can match it. This way, you still get the benefits that come with booking an AAA package.

Quote:
It's the same for the room only portion, however AAA will give you a slight discount on tickets if you book a package with them. You also get the AAA member perks on an AAA package.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrebecca View Post
I am not sure if you can book a room only with AAA directly. You would have to call and ask. If you can only book packages with a discount thru them you would just have to see how much savings they offer, vs the savings with Disney on a room only and purchasing your tickets separately.
You can definitely book a room only with AAA. It would be no different than any other kind of hotel reservation you would have them do at like Marriott or Best Western. AAA is a full service travel agency so they can do any kind of travel reservation.
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 09:50 PM   #9
snykymom
Still tagless after all these years

Quote:
You can get a room-only discount either directly with Disney or through AAA, and should get the same price - just be sure you're booking the same category.

However, if you want to book a package with the AAA discount on the room rate, you must book through AAA only. You can't do it through Disney.

snykymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 09:59 PM   #10
iambrink
Mouseketeer

interesting! thanks for the info. I will use AAA as a last resort if there are no discounts for our time planned in November.
Old 03-24-2013, 12:53 AM   #11
tink1829
Earning My Ears

AAA prices were higher then our travel agent and they don't include air travel so we booked with our travel agent once again for a lot less
tink1829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 07:25 AM   #12
JeannieKY
Tink fan

I just had a room only ressie through Disney and there are no special offers for July 4th week so 10% off our value resort was a big savings for a AAA card I have anyway. I find we do better buying each component vs the package deals. I shop around for my own airfare. My DD 16 still doesn't eat enough to justify the cost of the dining plan since she turned into an adult. Paying out of pocket we can split some table service meals or get her a kids meal at counter service, so we come out ahead not buying the package. I just wanted to share for anyone else with a room only ressie holding a AAA card so they can get the discount too.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: