Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-2013, 08:30 AM   #16
tracydeech
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMN

I agree. I haven't seen a thing for under $670. I'd kill for flights at $300. Heck I'd kill for flights under $500! LOL

The OP did say they hadn't flown in years though so I'll give 'em a break.
Thx for the break!! Haha

True I haven't flown in years. Some of the prices I see are in the $600 range as well. I am watching and they keep goin up! I will prob book this week so we'll see what I end up with. I wish I would have taken advantage of last weeks price of $283 RT!!!!! But I didn't realize what a great price that was until now!
tracydeech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:10 AM   #17
Shelly F - Ohio
Disney Extraordinaire

Try

www.Airfarewatchdog.com

CBR - 2004 & Joined DVC 2004,
DCL 4 night- 2005,
SSR - Feb 2005, 06, & 09, Oct 08, May 2011, Oct 12, Feb 13..... CSR 07,... AKV Sept 2008,2012,2013... VWL Feb 2009, 2010, 2012 ... OKW Sept 2009, Feb2012...BCV 2013, 2014
Shelly F - Ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-26-2013, 02:54 PM   #18
Greysword

DIS Dad #618
Fantasmic is not rainbows and unicorns; it is a full contact sport

Out of Portland, Delta has not yet released their discount economy fares (LUT), so prices are in the $500s for October.
- Chris, DIS Dad #618.

Greysword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:00 PM   #19
tracydeech
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysword
Out of Portland, Delta has not yet released their discount economy fares (LUT), so prices are in the $500s for October.
See - now that is crazy to me.
Old 03-26-2013, 03:16 PM   #20
Greysword

DIS Dad #618
Fantasmic is not rainbows and unicorns; it is a full contact sport

Yep, me too. UA is about $370 (+/-), so I will wait for DL to put their LUT fares up.
- Chris, DIS Dad #618.

Greysword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 07:58 PM   #21
MushyMushy
Marseeya Here!
Drama Magnet
I only make exceptions for chocolate Mickey heads
I'm a big pie freak
I'll always laugh myself silly over the flag pole incident.

I'm getting frustrated with the rates out of PIT, plus there aren't any great non-stops. It's turning out to be cheaper for us to rent a car to drive to Baltimore and fly out of there. At least we have far more non-stop options. This flying business is stressing me out.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:09 PM   #22
trewin
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MushyMushy
I'm getting frustrated with the rates out of PIT, plus there aren't any great non-stops. It's turning out to be cheaper for us to rent a car to drive to Baltimore and fly out of there. At least we have far more non-stop options. This flying business is stressing me out.
Have you tried Airtran? We got flights for $220 roundtrip. We only booked 3 mo in advance- I also *believe* If you book & find a cheaper rate thru them they'll give you a credit to use at a later date too- good luck!!
trewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:29 PM   #23
3happydancers
DIS Veteran

August Flights...YIKES

I booked when flights first came out for our August trip. I paid 280.00 RT(140.00 each way) from Isp to Mco non-stop. Today I noticed the flight going down to Orlando is now a whopping $235.00 and coming home $271.00. Sooo glad I booked. I know there is always a chance flights will drop below the 140.00 each way but considering what SWA is asking now, I am ok with the price. Certainly not the $59.00 we used to get! We don't usually take advantage of credits because we only fly 1x a year but I can't resist checking flight prices out of curiosity. A few years back, I would barter my credits with my hair stylist. She'd get the credits, I'd get the haircuts. SWA no longer allows this.

I do know that if this upward trend continues, our future trips may turn into road trips! Prices are at a point where paying for 3 round trip flights won't be doable for the three of us. Not sure how much driving would cost from Long Island to Orlando so I guess I have some homework to do. In the meantime, we'll have to build up our reward points and fly every few years (we tend to use CC's sparingly for fear of falling into debt).

2006, '07, '08 POFQ
2009 Saratoga Springs/POFQ
2010 Animal Kingdom Kidani Village
3happydancers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:23 AM   #24
clareita
Mouseketeer

I would have been delighted to find flights for only $500 round trip. We are paying $630 a ticket for our upcoming trip, going from Boston to Orlando. The flights aren't normally that expensive, but the airlines hike the fees for school vacation week. It's not surprising, since the law of supply and demand dictate prices, and there is big demand for flights to Orlando that week.
clareita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:04 AM   #25
elaine amj
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Noble View Post
I hate to say it, but while $300 from the upper midwest isn't a great deal, it's far from outrageous, especially for non-stop flights at times you like.
True true. I did notice a significant uptick in flight prices this year. I flew to Orlando last year mid-March during exactly the same week as this year. Last year, the average price for Delta out of DTW was $300, and it dropped as low as $220 some time in January. I bought at about $280 in early February.

This year, average prices for months was $350-$400+. I was resigned to paying about $400. At the end of February, I got a super good deal on Southwest for about $250 - this involved transfers, turning a 2.5 hr flight to a 6+ hr flight each way. It was worth it to us for the savings - but I long for the days of super cheap airfares.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:24 AM   #26
MushyMushy
Marseeya Here!
Drama Magnet
I'm a big pie freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by trewin View Post
Have you tried Airtran? We got flights for $220 roundtrip. We only booked 3 mo in advance- I also *believe* If you book & find a cheaper rate thru them they'll give you a credit to use at a later date too- good luck!!
They have a couple of non-stops, but are so expensive right now. There are a couple of good 1-stops, but there are a couple of reasons I don't want to do that. One, I deathly afraid of flying... two takeoffs and two landings is a lot to handle. I *could* and will do it if necessary, but would rather not. Secondly, we're traveling with a high maintenance 4-year old who hasn't traveled before, so the less time we're on a plane the better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3happydancers View Post
I booked when flights first came out for our August trip. I paid 280.00 RT(140.00 each way) from Isp to Mco non-stop. Today I noticed the flight going down to Orlando is now a whopping $235.00 and coming home $271.00. Sooo glad I booked. I know there is always a chance flights will drop below the 140.00 each way but considering what SWA is asking now, I am ok with the price. Certainly not the $59.00 we used to get! We don't usually take advantage of credits because we only fly 1x a year but I can't resist checking flight prices out of curiosity. A few years back, I would barter my credits with my hair stylist. She'd get the credits, I'd get the haircuts. SWA no longer allows this.

I do know that if this upward trend continues, our future trips may turn into road trips! Prices are at a point where paying for 3 round trip flights won't be doable for the three of us. Not sure how much driving would cost from Long Island to Orlando so I guess I have some homework to do. In the meantime, we'll have to build up our reward points and fly every few years (we tend to use CC's sparingly for fear of falling into debt).
We're the same way. My husband loathes driving that far, but when we're looking at prices for flying five of us, the cost of driving looks better and better. For the first time ever, it costs just as much to take the train as it does to fly. I would totally do that, but unfortunately, there's something going on with one of the tracks and we can't find a train going for our dates.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:33 AM   #27
dramaticmissy
Mouseketeer

Have you checked Alligent out of Youngstown, OH, about 60 miles out of Cleveland to Sanford/ Orlando runs about $199.00 round trip?
We fly Alligent into Sanford all the time, the money I save on Airfare and getting a car service is much more than what I spend on flying into MCO

June 1976-My first trip!
March 2006 @ POP dd's 2nd birthday
August 2007 @ SSR 11 day trip
November 2008- POP dd's 7th birthday
May 2013 Port of Orleans Riverside- All girls week
dramaticmissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:01 AM   #28
MushyMushy
Marseeya Here!
Drama Magnet
I'm a big pie freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaticmissy View Post
Have you checked Alligent out of Youngstown, OH, about 60 miles out of Cleveland to Sanford/ Orlando runs about $199.00 round trip?
We fly Alligent into Sanford all the time, the money I save on Airfare and getting a car service is much more than what I spend on flying into MCO
Looks like we could do it one way. Thanks for pointing that out. That could definitely save us a bit. I wish our dates were more flexible, but they're set in stone.
Old 03-27-2013, 10:27 AM   #29
tracydeech
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MushyMushy

Looks like we could do it one way. Thanks for pointing that out. That could definitely save us a bit. I wish our dates were more flexible, but they're set in stone.
Only snag I see is no ME which seems to be very convenient if you are stayin onsite.
Old 03-27-2013, 10:50 AM   #30
went503
DVC Owner

Sorry

I feel so bad for you guys. Im near DC and I can fly out of Dulles or Reagan National for $171 RT. I'm flying in sept out of Reagan for that price on JetBlue. But JB, and southwest both have those prices. Wish I could spread my good fortune your way.
BW May'11
AKV Feb '12
went503 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: