Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2013, 08:53 AM   #1
Andrewsminustwo
Earning My Ears

Any resort able to sleep 6 comfortably?

We are going to be in Disney the first week of November....3 moms and our 3 high school senior daughters.....so we would be splitting the room cost 3 ways...anybody have any thoughts on a resort with a room big enough for us?
Andrewsminustwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 09:23 AM   #2
Kimberle
WL Vet

I think the only "rooms" that sleep 6 are the FW cabins and AoA suites. However, you need beds for 6 adults. I think some of the beds may be intended for children.

Two rooms at a value would probably be cheaper. You could have the moms in 1 room and the girls in the other. However, 2 Moms would have to share a bed as would 2 girls. At least you would have 2 bathrooms.
Sept 04 CR 14th fl Concierge Aug 06 Royal Pacific, Club Level Aug 07 AKL, Club Level Aug 08, POR Aug 09 Beach Club Dec 10, Xmas in Tahiti Aug 11, WL Aug 12, Hawaii Apr 13, BC July 14, HRH, CR-MK Club Level
Kimberle is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-23-2013, 10:34 AM   #3
Andrewsminustwo
Earning My Ears

Good point on the bathroom situation....2 values with adjoining rooms could work....thank you
Andrewsminustwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 10:40 AM   #4
AThrillingChase
DIS Veteran

Both ASMu and AOA have suites that sleep 6. Both will have 2 bathrooms, a queen bed and a fold out sleeper type sofa that is about the size of a double bed, as well as a small kitchenette. ASMu also has 2 sleeper chairs, same concept as a sleeper sofa but made for 1 each that = the third bed. The third bed at AOA is a fold down double.

For my upcoming trip, 2 rooms at a mod (POR) were cheaper than a suite + standard room at a value. You can ask for connecting rooms, so id compare prices for 2 rooms connected v. 1 suite. However, you can only get the kitchenette with a suite, if that would sway you either way.

Have fun!
2012 - Tokyo Disney Sea
May 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside
November 2013 - first solo trip for Wine and Dine! Decided to explore new resorts: CB, YC, POLY
January 2014 - Animal Kingdom Lodge CL. Happy Birthday to me!
March/April 2014 - Coronado Springs/Wilderness Lodge
October 2014 - Beach Club for TOT 10-Miler! AKL/CR for Princess Half Marathon!
AThrillingChase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 10:52 AM   #5
sunsetbeachgal
DIS Veteran

The plus for two rooms at a mod. Is that the beds are queens rather than doubles, with the exception of CBR. Better for those sharing!

Family Reunion trip at Disney ASMu Nov. 7-13, 2010. It was perfect
March, 2012 Disney getaway at Coronado Springs for the adults only!
October, 2012 went to Disneyland..and I've never seen such crowds anywhere in my life!
June 15-22, 2013. Family trip to WDW at POFQ First WDW Summer trip..fantastic!
March, 2014. Universal Studios and cruise on Freedom of the Seas
January, 2015, Art of Animation
sunsetbeachgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 11:06 AM   #6
DisneyBliss7
''Wish upon a star''

We are a family 7(6 plus an infant) and we were booked in a family suite at AoA but we just switched to AKV by renting points through a DVC memeber through a company online It's a 2 bedroom that sleeps up to 9 w/ three bathrooms Very simple process and we are going the end of Sept. so I'm sure you'd have no problem renting points for November if you choose to go that way

DD-13 DD-10 DS-7 DS-7 DS-3 DH- ME-
DisneyBliss7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 11:34 AM   #7
caffeinegirl47
Earning My Ears

This is a great site that explains in detail the sleeping options in the suites, cabins and villas:
http://yourfirstvisit.net/2010/12/22...resort-hotels/

Also: the Wyndham Grand Orlando Bonnet Creek, which is located inside the Disney gates on a piece of property Disney never managed to acquire, has some rooms with two queen beds and two twin bunk beds. They're about $215 a night with taxes/fees and are at a lovely hotel with Deluxe-level amenities and multiple elaborate pools/lazy rivers. There is a complimentary scheduled shuttle service to the Disney parks which runs fairly frequently.
caffeinegirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 11:36 AM   #8
longneckthree
Mouseketeer

rooms that sleep 6

Don't forget about the cabins at Fort Wilderness. And BW and WL also have delux rooms that sleep 6(added bonus - they are concierge rooms!)

me DH
DD20 DD17 DD14 DD12
DDog 5 DDog 10

2007-2011 POFQ,POR,CB,CS,BWI
BVC / THV 2012 DVC Now!
AOA 2013
AKL 2013

AKL / The Darkside 2015
longneckthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 12:46 PM   #9
emilyindisney
DIS Veteran

I'd recommend doing two separate standard rooms. That way everyone gets to sleep on a typical bed (rather than a pull out/pull down/etc.) I'd think that it would be fun for everyone to have a Mom's only room and a Girl's only room. As a PP mentioned, you can always request ajoining!

March 1996 (Swan), March 2008 (CBR), January 2013 (AoA), February 2014 (ASSp/BWV), October 2014 (Pop), January 2015 (ASMo)

"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" -Walt Disney

Nike+: secondaryhoney
Add me and let's run!
emilyindisney is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 02:06 PM   #10
wallawallakids
DIS Veteran

We have done 2 connecting rooms at POFQ. I liked having two bathrooms. Now AOA has the suites that sleep 6 and they also have two bathrooms which is really nice. All the deluxe rooms at BWI and WL sleep 6 but they only have 1 bathroom. However, you do get concierge which is nice. You have much less room though because it is one larger room at BWI with two queens and a pull out sofa. Only other option is a 2 bedroom villa. Our next trip I will do that. I would love a kitchen and the ability to do laundry but they are big $$! So we haven't jumped the gun on that yet. Good luck. There are no real easy options for 6.

OH, and FYI, the connecting rooms are not guaranteed. However, we have lucked out and both times we have requested two connecting rooms we have gotten them but you hear horror stories on the DIS of people not getting them. I was nervous for months before both trips!

(Me and DH), (DD12), (DS11), (DS7),(DD7) &
wallawallakids is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: