Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2014, 11:27 PM   #46
Slappy32
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by A's Princess View Post
Also interested in more replies regarding the 2pm ferry. We really want to maximize our time on St. John and need to figure it out by 1/19/14. Thanks!
We have been in September twice, and traffic has not been an issue, but that is the low, low, low season. Your mileage may vary. You will definitely want to gauge your return time based on the number of other ships in port.
Old 01-06-2014, 01:09 PM   #47
gometros
WDWWDS Chief Weapons Inspector and Cruise Captain
Solemnly swears always to leave the tagging to the experts!! :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bree
There is a lot of info on Cruise Critic about getting to St. John. Many recommend leaving at least 3 hours before all aboard time. Traffic can be a nightmare there.
We caught the 1:00 ferry for a 3:30 departure and that was plenty of time.

gometros is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-08-2014, 07:34 AM   #48
julieamedeiros
Can't wait to go back!

We just got back from our New Years Eve cruise on the Fantasy....it was fantastic!

We did do St John on our own. We got off the ship a little late due to some over sleepers (it was New Years Eve the night before) and got stuck in a unknown parade going on. So we missed the 9am ferry going over and took the 10am one.

coming back we made the 2pm ferry and got back to the ship in plenty of time for our 3:45 all aboard. I think we arrived to the ship right before 3pm.
Old 01-08-2014, 01:24 PM   #49
goeva
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slappy32 View Post
We did it. Had an awesome time and we will be doing it again this year. Here are some ideas for you.

1. We were concerned about having enough time on a short port day, so we made sure we were the first off the boat at 7:30 in the morning.

2. I arranged transportation ahead of time. I contacted Alvin at Islander Taxi on St. Thomas and he was waiting for us when we disembarked on St. Thomas. He also arranged transportation on St. John for us coming and going. Thanks to Alvin, we were able to make the 8 am ferry to St. John which gave us an extra hour on St. John and put us on Trunk Bay beach before anyone else was there.

3. We left earlier than we had planned and our driver on St. John phoned Islander taxi and they were waiting to take us back to the ship .

4. We had a group of twenty going but for different reasons we ended up with 12 actually making the trip and it was no problem.

5. Have all of your cash together so one person can buy all of the ferry tickets to save time. You pay the taxi on the return trip, not each way if you arrange transportation ahead of time.

6. The cost for an adult was around $40 per person for both taxis and the ferry and about $10 cheaper for kids under 11.

We had such a great experience last year that many people in our DIS group are joining us this year. I'll be happy to answer any questions anyone might have.

Islander Taxi
http://www.islandertaxiservice.com
Tell Alvin you want the same arrangement as Paul White on the September 12th, 2012 Fantasy St. Thomas port day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfox97 View Post
Yay! We just used Alvin/Islander Taxi at St Thomas on March 12th on the Fantasy. Did the 'Shores & Stores' tour. I didn't know he could arrange all that too!!! I hope I can get a group together from the DIS by next March because THIS is how I'd like to do St John!!!

Thanks!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
I sent Alvin an email to ask for same arrangement. I asked the price for this year and a little detail what's included and what's not so I can ask others to join. He refused to answer me unless I already have 15-20 people want use his service. I explained to him that I can't ask others to join unless he provides me with price and the details. Here is the response I got:

"You need to have a group of 15 to 20 people or more for us to even start to talk about any deal.
If you can get at least 15 to 20 people interested in joining on we can talk then. Alvin"

MeDH DD DS

Last edited by goeva; 01-08-2014 at 02:59 PM.
goeva is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: