Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2014, 10:26 AM   #1
FairestOfThemAll37
Mouseketeer

Help with Miami hotel

Hey cruisers, I am looking for advice on a Miami hotel for the night before a cruise. We're driving from Orlando so getting to the port isn't an issue.

I'd like to be able to walk to good restaurants and bars. Trying to drive and park in the city on a Friday night after the 3 hour drive does not sound like fun.

We are going in late march which is spring break so know it's busy then. I'd like to look under $400 for the night, of course, under $300 is better.
FairestOfThemAll37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 11:14 AM   #2
jcoyne4781
Earning My Ears

We just booked a hotel stay at Baymont Inn airport west doral. It's close to Miami airport and Port of Miami. There is also shopping malls and restaurants very close by. We booked one night in a non-smoking room with 2 double beds (family of 4) for $115. They have free parking and free continental breakfast.
jcoyne4781 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-08-2014, 12:39 PM   #3
jrabbit
DIS Veteran

We just spent a few nights in Pompano Beach (little north of Fort Lauderdale). There are many good restaurants a block off of the beach.
Old 01-08-2014, 12:49 PM   #4
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

We stayed at Holiday Inn Port of Miami/ Downtown in December and would not hesitate to stay there again. The hotel was clean and comfortable and I was able to watch the Magic come in from my window. It also right across from the Bayside Marketplace.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 01:00 PM   #5
hgon76
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
We stayed at Holiday Inn Port of Miami/ Downtown in December and would not hesitate to stay there again. The hotel was clean and comfortable and I was able to watch the Magic come in from my window. It also right across from the Bayside Marketplace. Corinna
Do you know if a liquor store in walking distance from Holiday Inn? I found a thread from a couple years back that says there's one close. Just wondering if you were there recently? Thanks. We're staying there pre-cruise next month.

hgon76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 01:08 PM   #6
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by hgon76 View Post
Do you know if a liquor store in walking distance from Holiday Inn? I found a thread from a couple years back that says there's one close. Just wondering if you were there recently? Thanks. We're staying there pre-cruise next month.
We did not look for one. We bought some wine before we left Orlando. I have however read some recent reviews that mention that there is a liquor store about three blocks away.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 01:27 PM   #7
toontoy
Mouseketeer

We stayed at the Hilton Bentley Last year and enjoyed the hotel. Its on the southern end of South beach which is a bit quieter. The hotel restaurant is great and they have butler service on the beach. Its only a few blocks from Lincoln road and is on ocean Drive. I would highly recommend the hotel.
toontoy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: