Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2013, 07:29 PM   #46
marybogue
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooke789 View Post
Do you take a single or double Bob? We're planning on taking ours for our trip in May, but a little concerned about getting it on/off the buses, etc while wrangling two two year olds!
In full disclosure, we are taking our BOB Duallie to WDW for the first time in May too! But, I have owned it for 6 years, and think it will be the perfect DW stroller. Although, I know that folding it up for the buses will be a chore, but that would be the case with any stroller. I love how the BOB folds in one fell swoop!

I guess we'll be figuring out around the same time how tricky the folding up at the bus stop will be!

Have a great trip!

80's & 90's - Poly and Grand Floridian
October 2002 - Bay Hill
May 2013 - The Contemporary
January 2014 - Animal Kingdom Lodge and Old Key West
marybogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:47 PM   #47
brooke789
Mouseketeer

I've never used another stroller, so no idea if it's folding is easy. I've just read that the Bob doesn't fold small enough and other bus (monorail, etc) riders will not be happy about all of the room we're taking up!

We babywear, so we don't normally don't take our stroller anywhere except on walks (to the park, library or grocery store).
brooke789 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-28-2013, 01:17 AM   #48
nadira36
DIS Veteran

We had the city mini double - and it was good - HOWEVER, after 2 (or is it 3) trips to Disney and some minimal mall use at home it's out of commission - the axle is bowed and steering is very difficult and the wheel locking buttons have needed to be reset - and still fall locked on us.

It is easy to fold though.

Since we have 4 kiddos (a new one due in aug, a 2 r old, 4.5 yr old and a 6 yr old) we're going with the valco baby twin tri mode EX - it's harder to fold, slightly bigger when folded, longer when open, but otherwise comparable size wise to the city mini double. It has tons of storage,a dn is super easy to steer and the wheel locking mechanisms can't accidentally lock on me mid push. The wheels are air filled (which IMO is a great feature) compared to the hard wheels of the mini - the individual seats rate the same as the mini for weight limits, but are slightly taller and still fold flat. Our 4 yr old says the Valco is more comfortable than the mini. But hte hitchiker board for the valco has a much higher weight limit (100lbs) so if the baby and 2 yr old are int eh buggy, both big kids could technically ride the board (though I doubt it'd ever come to that). ALso a toddler seat can be added - and the buggy with all attachments can be folded flat without removing anything - so if I happen to need a board, and a toddler seat I can still bring it all to the gate of the airplane with me. Oh and there's an adjustable handle which is a bonus for Dh and I since we hae different preferred heights.

I have a honda odyssey - both buggys are able to fit in the trunk with our luggage/groceries at the same time. However due to the increased thickness of the valco when folded if I had a car I'd probably go with something smaller - like the bugaboo donkey or something along those lines (depending on ability to pay for it - we bought the city mini b/c it was cheaper and it was all we could afford at the time).

80s/90s various trips with family, never stayed at a resort hotel. 2001 - seasonal CM for a summer. 2007 - convinced DH to take the first trip. Stayed at CSR for 10 days. 3 toddlers 6 adults 2009 - second trip. ASMo for 5 days. 2 Adults 2 toddlers. 2010 - 4 adults 4.5 children. 7 days Pop. 2011 - We can't afford to go to Disney this year. So we're only staying at the Poly for 8 nights. If it's gonna be on credit, might as well make it worthwhile. 2012 - Back to the Poly for 10 days 2 adults 3 kids 2013 - First AKL stay only 5 night 2 adults 3.5 children
nadira36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:56 PM   #49
SuchASully
Earning My Ears

Last time we went to Disney, we used the Chicco Liteway and it was great. This time I was on the look-out for a stroller that could handle my large 3yr and small 6yr while not breaking the bank. I finally found The First Years Ignite stroller - both boys fit in no problem and my husband says its a perfect height for him to push also.
SuchASully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:00 PM   #50
crystaldawn
Mouseketeer

We've used our city mini and our maclaren twin when we had two little ones.

We got a good deal on both and used them a great deal in addition to disney trips. Both served their purpose, easy folds, take up minimal space, light, easy to maneuver.
crystaldawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 07:14 AM   #51
mystyfur
Earning My Ears

Maclaren

Hi,

We were also debating if we should rent one or bring ours. Our DD is 2 and loves to walk but I thought we should have one just in case. Last year we used our Maclaren and it was lightweight and travelled easy. The only thing is it doesn't have a tray. We will probably bring our own - I think she would be more comfortable in it. Especially around nap time
mystyfur is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: