Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2013, 12:18 PM   #31
Elleshoodat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by danceintherain View Post
I wish the B-Agile had been available when I got my first stroller. The second seat option alone makes it so much more versatile than the City Mini.
Do you mean the B-Ready? I don't think the B-Agile has a second seat, unless you buy the double...

Thanksgiving 1988, Offsite * June 1991, Beach Club * Easter 1995, Dixie Landings * June 1999, All-Star Movies * Easter 2005, Offsite * September 2007, Caribbean Beach * October 2008, Lake Buena Vista Best Western * May 2009, Port Orleans Riverside * October 2009, Port Orleans Riverside * April 2010, Port Orleans French Quarter * May 2012, Port Orleans French Quarter (Read our trip report here!) * October 2013, Wilderness Lodge
Elleshoodat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 02:50 PM   #32
mom_of_2
Mouseketeer

Definitely the city mini for us. It reclines all the way back so the kids can nap comfortably. We rent from apple strollers when going to WDW.

Me, DH, DS (6), DD (4)
June 2011 OKWJuly 2012 Hilton Head Island Resort August 2013 BC CL November 2014 WL
mom_of_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-26-2013, 02:58 PM   #33
danceintherain
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elleshoodat View Post
Do you mean the B-Ready? I don't think the B-Agile has a second seat, unless you buy the double...
You're right. I was thinking of the B-Ready.
NEXT TRIP: SoG Dec 28-Jan 4, 2015 ~ POFQ Apr 13-20, 2013 ~ CBR: Nov 7-12, 2010 ~ Doubletree Guest Suites: July 8-14, 2009 ~ AKL: Jan 4-13, 2009 ~ Off-Property: New Year's 2006-2007, Spring Break 2001, Florida Resident 1991
danceintherain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 04:49 PM   #34
Elleshoodat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by danceintherain View Post
You're right. I was thinking of the B-Ready.
Yes, now that is a neat stroller. I was upset that it's completely out of our price range.

Thanksgiving 1988, Offsite * June 1991, Beach Club * Easter 1995, Dixie Landings * June 1999, All-Star Movies * Easter 2005, Offsite * September 2007, Caribbean Beach * October 2008, Lake Buena Vista Best Western * May 2009, Port Orleans Riverside * October 2009, Port Orleans Riverside * April 2010, Port Orleans French Quarter * May 2012, Port Orleans French Quarter (Read our trip report here!) * October 2013, Wilderness Lodge
Old 03-26-2013, 05:10 PM   #35
PocahontasLookALike
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Yes, now that is a neat stroller. I was upset that it's completely out of our price range.
Watch for sales! Right now you can get it on amazon for $369 I think. Major steal. I definitely didn't get that price!

I have one and bought it for my 9month old (at the time) when we found out I was pregnant with #2. I love this thing.

Yes it's a bit heavy and bulkier but its meant to double. and with two kids as close as mine will be a double is needed.

I have a maclaren quest by wanted something more substantial. After taking the quest to Disneyland last year I decided it wasn't the best stroller for my needs. It's great for other things though.

I'm taking the b ready yo Disneyland next month ( my daughter will be 16 months and ill be 30 weeks pregnant!) and am a bit nervous because its expensive and on the big side. But I plan on using a lock on the wheels when I park it (to lock it to itself not to something)

But I love the push, the high seat, the huge canopy (a must in az) and the storage basket. I figured if people can manage a double wide stroller in the parks I can manage this one!

Ridiculously happy DVC Member
"I solemnly swear that I am up to no good"
WDW 2001 - Sheraton Vistana
WDW 2005 - BWV
WDW 2007 - BWV
WDW 2009 - Beach Club Villas
Childhood Disneyland Trips...too many times to count!
2007 Disneyland trips: January, March and October - VGC
2008 Disneyland trip: 2008 Half Marathon in August!
2009 Disneyland trips: September for the Disneyland Half Marathon, October for a big family trip - VGC
February 2011 Disneyland - PPH
April 2013 Disneyland- PPH
October 2014 Disneyland - VGC
PocahontasLookALike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 07:09 PM   #36
aprilmay
Earning My Ears

I just rented a City Mini Double on applestrollers.com for a total of $6/day. What a steal! We had planned to haul our umbrella stroller onto our flight (and were dreading it) and then buy another cheap one when we got to WDW, but this solves both of those issues for twenty-four bucks! Woot!
aprilmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:02 AM   #37
brooke789
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by marybogue View Post
The BOB is all you'll ever need. Seriously, it glides like butter, it is a pleasure to push, super comfortable for the kiddos, and by far the best $ I ever spent on baby gear. I seriously cannot say enough good things!
Do you take a single or double Bob? We're planning on taking ours for our trip in May, but a little concerned about getting it on/off the buses, etc while wrangling two two year olds!
brooke789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:05 AM   #38
Derby
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyMom81 View Post
We are taking a Chicco Liteway. It is compact and folds easily like an umbrella stroller, but has a decent sized basket underneath, sunshade, and full recline.
This is what we'll be taking, too. I got a killer deal on one at Target a few months ago.

In the past, we've used a Graco Metrolite and been very happy with it. We also have a Graco Ready2Grow sit and stand stroller but it won't fit in our Prius and I think we'll be fine with a single stroller between the two kids.

2014 Coronado Springs (November)
2013 Pop Century
2011 Hurricane Irene Escape Trip (Floridays) *DD2's 1st Trip! (10 weeks old)*
2010 All-Star Movies
2009 3-day cruise on the Wonder/Caribbean Beach Resort *DD1's 1st Trip! (11 months old)*
2003, 2004, 2007 off site
1994 & 1996 Wilderness Lodge
As a child: too many times to count (off site at grandparents)
Derby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 12:26 PM   #39
Elleshoodat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocahontasLookALike View Post
Watch for sales! Right now you can get it on amazon for $369 I think. Major steal. I definitely didn't get that price!

I have one and bought it for my 9month old (at the time) when we found out I was pregnant with #2. I love this thing.

Yes it's a bit heavy and bulkier but its meant to double. and with two kids as close as mine will be a double is needed.

I have a maclaren quest by wanted something more substantial. After taking the quest to Disneyland last year I decided it wasn't the best stroller for my needs. It's great for other things though.

I'm taking the b ready yo Disneyland next month ( my daughter will be 16 months and ill be 30 weeks pregnant!) and am a bit nervous because its expensive and on the big side. But I plan on using a lock on the wheels when I park it (to lock it to itself not to something)

But I love the push, the high seat, the huge canopy (a must in az) and the storage basket. I figured if people can manage a double wide stroller in the parks I can manage this one!
Good to know!

Old 03-27-2013, 12:29 PM   #40
ceemys
DIS Veteran

I did not spend money to buy a special stroller. I used my normal Graco stroller and it worked just fine. I was used to it and so was my daughter.

ceemys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 12:33 PM   #41
Tropics
Mouseketeer

We have an UppaBaby Vista at home and an UppaBaby G-Luxe for travel. When we were searching for an umbrella stroller for travelling we wanted something light, with a reclinable seat and leg rest and a large canopy and it had to corner really well. The G-Luxe and MacLaren Quest were the only ones that fit those criteria for us. The price difference and light weight of the G-Luxe won us over. Everyone who pushes DD in the G-Luxe is amazed at how well it turns and handles for an umbrella stroller.
Old 03-27-2013, 02:57 PM   #42
Waddler
Mouseketeer

I plan to use my Chicco Cortina stroller that came with my travel system. It's a little bulky, but my LO is used to it. I must be missing something (ignorance is bliss?), but I don't feel the need to upgrade just for WDW.
Waddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 04:12 PM   #43
Elleshoodat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waddler View Post
I plan to use my Chicco Cortina stroller that came with my travel system. It's a little bulky, but my LO is used to it. I must be missing something (ignorance is bliss?), but I don't feel the need to upgrade just for WDW.
I loved the Cortina (we have the travel system, too), but our son outgrew it. The seat is pretty narrow around the shoulder area, IMO, and he was starting to look squished. That's when I went on the hunt for The Perfect Stroller (which unfortunately doesn't exist).

Old 03-27-2013, 06:06 PM   #44
AKL_Megs
I'd Rather Be At AKL!!!
I feel exposed if I'm not covered

Quote:
I loved the Cortina (we have the travel system, too), but our son outgrew it. The seat is pretty narrow around the shoulder area, IMO, and he was starting to look squished. That's when I went on the hunt for The Perfect Stroller (which unfortunately doesn't exist).
We have the same issue with our Cortina, and my DD is a tiny, petite little thing. We are going to have to start using our jogging stroller exclusively, or purchase an umbrella stroller, which oddly have more shoulder room.

AKL_Megs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 06:56 PM   #45
Waddler
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Ah, I could see that. My kiddo might have the same problem eventually.
Waddler is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: